3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thoughts on the Huntmore Chair; I'm going to Ground this Year.  (Read 729 times)

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thoughts on the Huntmore Chair; I'm going to Ground this Year.
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
Just looked up the Comfort Max 360. Looks like a good chair, except I didn't see any adjustability for uneven ground and it says 17#. 17 pounds!!!!  Are you kidding me. Who was talking about the Huntmore weighing 10#
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2014, 07:28:00 PM »
Does anyone have a weight for the Waldrop Pack Seat?
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Cedar&Flint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2014, 07:49:00 PM »
I would stay away from Huntmore, very poor customer service!I was happy with mine until it broke. After a few unsuccessful attempts I got a response from the owner via email. He stated that he would send a replacement part asap. That was over a month ago and I've never received the part and my inquiries have gone unanswered. The only way I've found to contact the company is by email and that has been a waste of time.

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
I saw a post somewhere that said he had a death in the family, so maybe that's the problem.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline Cedar&Flint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2014, 11:00:00 PM »
I hope that's not the case and that everything is fine with his family.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
His Mother died. Very special lady. I am sure Scott will make thing right, he is a stand up guy and I have had nothing but good dealings with him. Hard to say be patient but you are dealing with a one man and his young sons operation, not a giant corporation.

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
Sorry for his loss.  I remembered seeing someone post something like this about a week ago.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »

"Looked at the Millennium seat just now. Don't like the support straps that run from the back to chair arms. Looks like a recipe for bow interference, although it is a nice chair otherwise."

Nope, the straps are not an issue at all. Actually, the straps are flush, more or less, with your side. They provide good support for your arms too.

I just used the G100 this morning for the first time. I attached it to a military frame with the molle straps and waist support belt. It carries very well and weighs in at around seven pounds. Setup is very fast. Just unzip the pouch, which is attached to the bottom of the seat, and remove the three leg assembly. Insert the tubing inside of the hole in the seat and open the three legs. adjust as needed for the terrain. No bolts, screws, etc.

It is very comfortable and swivels silently. I was setup "inside" of a beech tree which still has it's leaves. The trunk of the tree was about 3" which is too small for the G300 model. That's one of the advantages of the G100. You can set it up and be hidden most anywhere. I really enjoyed being able to swivel and look around without causing pain to my neck and back. I have a herniated G5, had two surgeries 20 years ago, so I know back pain.

I also have the G300 which attaches to a tree. It weighs in at four pounds. The advantages of the G100 is that you don't need a tree and it swivels. Basically, it's the same seat and comfort level. Here's a pic of the G300

These are the two most comfortable hunting chairs I've ever owned and I have several. I never bought the huntmore as I don't care for the weight or the setup time.

I'd suggest trying the G300 as it has the same seat as the G100, but has to attach to a tree. It is so comfortable that you won't believe it. I purchased a set of cheap rifle slings from walmart  and attached them to the G300 as backpack straps. You hardly even know the seat is on your back.
N/A

Offline J.T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2014, 01:48:00 PM »
I've never understood the complaints with setup time and the huntmore i've timed myself many time seting it up and taking it apart (I dismantle mine fully and strap it to the top of a fanny pack or back pack) I can have it set up quietly in less than 2 minutes.
70" [email protected] Northern Mist Classic
70" 73@32 Northern Mist Whitbeck

Michigan Longbow association

Offline Cedar&Flint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about his loss and hope that he and his family feel God's healing hand during their time of sorrow. The broken chair is really a trivial thing when put in proper perspective . I hope they have continued success in their business . They put out a fine product.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©