3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New John Schulz bows  (Read 4536 times)

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New John Schulz bows
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2015, 03:45:00 PM »
Oops

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2015, 05:30:00 PM »
Many of the Bear Signature takedowns to come up for re-sale on the auction site have gone for way more than the starting price of this auction!
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2015, 06:49:00 PM »
I like Bear takedowns, but there are so many of them out there, I don't see how they could ever be collect or items, but there are a few that want every model that has ever been issued. There are Deadheads that go for crazy amounts as well, good thing I found that bunch in a small archery shop called 'old stock', I bought them all for cheap and I wish I would have bought the 'old stock' Zwickys as well.

Offline tg2nd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2015, 08:23:00 AM »
Looks like the bid was cancelled.
German by birth, Bavarian by the grace of god

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2015, 10:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by tg2nd:
Looks like the bid was cancelled.
I saw that, too.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
well the free market decided it wasn't going to pay the minimum starting bid of $3,500.  We'll see what this relists for I'm sure.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2015, 12:52:00 PM »
I can hardly believe that with so many in support of the esteemed value of these bows that no one wanted this one.  If the starting bid would have been lower and the reserve set at $2500, I might have owned one.  Oh well, I am happy with the choice I have made for my next bow anyway, and I will be hunting with it, when the situation calls for a really pretty right hand bow to take a stroll in the woods. I do believe in supporting the TG sponsors when ever possible.

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »
It will be interesting to watch how the rest of the auctions play out.

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »
He may have done better to build one model bow and then took orders. At least a person could get the weight they wanted. On average most bowyers say 50-53# @28" is what most people want. I guess investors might not care about weight.Good luck John with the rest of them.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline lbshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
If I were going to buy the bow for collecting  purposes, and not shoot it I would probably not care , or perhaps even prefer a heavier weight to better represent the era of the bow.

I hope that john decides to realist the bows at a lower reserve. If he started at $1500, it's likely they would bid up from there possibly even moving into the range he was after.  Bidding competition inspires people to bid up because of the belief that the price is supported by the market.  Too high a starting price and competition never gets initiated for fear of there not being enough market support to justify the purchase/investment. IMO.

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2015, 08:38:00 PM »
Great bow by a legend in the industry but the buyers will set the price.
T ZZZZ

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
#3 is up now. Starting threshold was lower, but reserve not met. It's the 50#@28" bow, so probably closest to 'todays' popular weight. I'm maxed out on it already on it.

Offline sidebuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
Just curious why the sons of John did not just continiue  John's legacy of bow building and sell these bows as bowyers

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by sidebuster:
Just curious why the sons of John did not just continiue  John's legacy of bow building and sell these bows as bowyers
Maybe his sons wanted to do their own thing.  Not every son wants to be in the same profession as their father.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »
John's one son did restart American Longbow Co. a few years ago, but something happened and it went away again.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Skates

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »
Dang, I sense a lot of internal hostility built up in Pavan.  Man, I'd love to have a Lamborghini but it isn't gonna happen, but I don't go on car message boards and post over and over and over about them being over priced.

BTW, Mr. Lyon, I'm kinda behind on this.  Have any of them sold yet? Is there some sort of listing schedule somewhere?

Thanks.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »
I don't know the listing schedule. Since I have an **** account I followed the first two when listed.  I bid on the second one, but quickly got out of my price range.  My hunch is their saving #1 as it's probably going to be the most desirable because of the number. #2 was listed but reserve was never met and the auction ended.
#3 is currently at $2,075 and reserve has not been met. Based on the way the first two were listed, my hunch is they'll go in order of the bows serial number and come back to #1 as the final.  But that's only a wild guess.  It will be interesting to see if they lower the reserve (whatever that is) if this bow does not hit it.

Offline Skates

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »
Thanks Ray.

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2015, 02:19:00 PM »
Internal hostility? Hardly, Eluck is a bidding game, and business is business.  I for one am willing to say that I have the money available. I was going to try for that 60 pounder, but we are not looking for a wall hanger, it would get used like any other bow.  What good is that Lamborghini if there is no gas in the tank. I have noticed that a number of non-bidders are quick to decide how much us bidders should spend. The goal is to get a good profit on the bows for John and that is certainly understandable. In any business deal, the seller wants to make as much profit as possible and the buyer wants to get most value from his investment. These are bows of hopefully excellent quality, not gifts or rare and priceless religious artifacts. However, since I wanted originally to buy two of them, I have as much right to speak my mind as anyone else has to say how much that I should spend. It seems perfectly politically correct to say 'too much for my bank account so I am not bidding', but politically incorrect to say that I did not like the bar being set that high right from the start. According to Bob Burton and his friends, they stated outright that the bows would not go for that, no one jumped on their statements. I probably wanted one more than most, thus the disappointment. I am upfront stating that I am looking for, a shooter, if someone wants to make a bow more than that, it is their choice. However, in any case, if the next one that I want, and business is business, comes in my price range, I may be bidding hard on it.  Personally, it would be good if the reserve gets just low enough, but not too low, that my limit will buy the one I want.

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »
That first bow turned into one of the coming Limited Edition bows from Howard Hill Archery, the second one may become a second Limited Edition as well.  Which in a way is a good thing, on the one hand I would supporting Egrab and on the other by buying from Hill Archery I would be indirectly supporting Trad Gang.  I am feeling better about that all the time.  My bidding limit has just dropped a little, again.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©