3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New John Schulz bows  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New John Schulz bows
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by centaur:

Originally posted by Hermon:
Possibly one of them could be offered by a raffle.
That way you would not have to have deep pockets to possibly own one.  It would be a long shot.  Just a thought.
I would buy some tickets. Good idea. [/b]
That is not a good idea, that is a   GREAT idea. I will make sure Gene sees that and passes it on to John.

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »
What is the ballpark $$ for these bows...1k or 10k give or take 3k? Will he trade for a teenager? Hahaha!!

Offline Jack Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 01:54:00 PM »
Lord bless my family and please give me a fighten chance at one of those bows. Just practicing my nightly prayer until they are all gone. Now how does one approach the Bank for a loan for a bow?

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »
Gene,
what is his website? I wasnt aware there ever was one.I did a search, but there was just general forum topic info.

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 03:12:00 PM »
Very cool.

Offline achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »

Originally posted by Hermon:
Possibly one of them could be offered by a raffle.
That way you would not have to have deep pockets to possibly own one.  It would be a long shot.  Just a thought.
I would buy some tickets. Good idea. [/b]
^^^^ x2 or 3
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 12:28:00 AM »
Matty. Try. Johnschulzstraightshooting.com.  It doesn't give you much info . But if you hit the speaking ingagements info it will give you a email form to submit  info on the parting shot  longbow . I sent it out but no reply yet.
Dan Breen

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »
12 only, that is going to be next to impossible to get my hands on one. Congrats on whomever does, they will be a real treat.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline The Ole' Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 11:19:00 AM »
I'ed like one in the 62 # range...that is if I could afford one. Guess I'ed better start saving if I want to add a John Shultz longbow to my bowrack.  By the way Gene, that was a great idea you had to preserve Mr. Shultz's master bow-building skills not to mention preserve a critical link to our traditional bowhunting legacy.

Offline Ron Roehrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
Not to worry Gene both you and Barry are first class and that your reputation is solid.

Offline Kris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 05:28:00 PM »
Gene,

It would be nice if the rest of us could at least see these bows as they come to completion.  Perhaps a photo file of John's last twelve?

I had heard John was living in Missouri prior to Montana, is that correct?  Could you write an article based on this conversation/interview with him?  That would be nice; many would love to hear this insight, if not too personal or other.

Thanks for posting...

Kris

Offline stiknstringer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 06:54:00 PM »
I think this is Mr.Shulz website:  www.johnschulzstraightshooting.com

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 08:23:00 AM »
What he could do for the masses would be to republish "Straight Shooting" and the DVD "Hitting em like Howard Hill".  The DVD exists on Youtube, but the audio/video quality is so poor compared to the original, and "Straight Shooting" is a book many will read repeatedly.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline alex321

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
I can completey agree with Mr Green above. The video on youtube is next to useless when it comes to detail.  I would happily part with 20 dollars for a decent DVD.

I have not had the pleasure of reading his book, but like most trad archer's have quite a book collection. No doubt his book would join it. He would not be wasting his time republishing that. Although I guess it is not so easy to make happen, for a niche area as archery.

Alex

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by Green:
What he could do for the masses would be to republish "Straight Shooting" and the DVD "Hitting em like Howard Hill".  The DVD exists on Youtube, but the audio/video quality is so poor compared to the original, and "Straight Shooting" is a book many will read repeatedly.
x2
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »

x2 [/b]
Great idea...

Gene with your experience in getting published and your contacts perhaps you could steer or assist John in this..

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
I have tried to find his book in the aftermarket and have been unsuccessful. His used bows just may be easier to find.
John Schulz's teaching ability is at least(or more) as valuable as his bows and I would love to see a reprint of his book. I have watched his video many times to refresh.
Thanks to all those putting their energy into this project.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »
I know that Nate Steen was in talks with John several months ago about re-releasing the DVD, and it was reported that this was going to happen, but I think John chose this course instead.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »
YES
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline lbshooter

• Trad Bowhunter