3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KILLERS at kennym's  (Read 2935 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KILLERS at kennym's
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by kennym:
Hey!! The Big Guy looks to be asleep in that first pic!!    :D  
I noticed that too! he was probably just praying.     :biglaugh:
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
He might be Kenny, I got in pretty tight on him before he knew I was there... But I can be pretty stealthy    ;)  

A lot to go fellas...I probably have about 50 more pix to share.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »
I sleep best in a tree myself...  :bigsmyl:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Darrell M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2014, 03:06:00 AM »
The "Arkansas Assassins" are about to head out from Arkansas.  Super excited!!!!
Kenny I sure hope those deer get brave and come back to your zip
I got 2 dozens arrows for em this year.   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
2:06 AM ?? Man, you will almost make the mornin hunt!! Bring it on!  :goldtooth:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2014, 08:39:00 AM »
Asleep? Nah! I was...er...meditating. Yeah, that the ticket. Meditating.

I have to admit that even though I thought I was pretty slick up there, I didn't have a clue that Curt was around until he was almost right under me. In my own defense I have to say that I wasn't expecting deer to show up in that direction so I pretty well ignored it... but Curt is pretty stealthy.
   :saywhat:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »
And good luck to the Arkansas crew.   :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Darrell M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »
Thanks Charlie.
Yup 2:06AM we might end up doing a little tree stand sleeping ourselves.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
Good luck guys looking forward to the updates and story's!    :campfire:    :coffee:    

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by K.S.TRAPPER:

Originally posted by FerretWYO:
Awesome story so far guys and many congrats to you Tracy. I sure hope I get to meet you one day.
Thanks Randy and I sure hope the same, I'm sure there's a hunt in our future sometime.    ;)      :thumbsup:    

Tracy [/b]
Let's make it so!!
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »
Well we pulled in aroun 10:30.after a visit with Kenny we took a little drive and made a plan.  As it goes sometime, things dont go as planned.  Set two stands for any north wind and now the wind has changed.  So we decided to hunt couple stands Kenny already had up.

Darrell hunted the gap stand and I decided to do some stalkingon the north farm.  I went to far east side and settled on a spot on the south side.  I found a blown over tree and sat with my feet and legs in the hole left by the root wad.  Perfect.

At six oclock I saw deer hair coming straight at me.  Then I saw antlers.  A nice 8 ptr.  He was as wide as his ears and pretty tall.  First day and first set.  Im on the ground and things are happening quickly.  He stayed at 40 yards or so for about 20 minutes eating acorns.  Then he closed the gap quick.  

I had been rattling and grunting some.  It was like he knew something wasnt right.  He came to 18 yards and was going to be in a great spot in about two more steps.  He stopped and turned.  He froze looking straight at me.  He snortrd once reallylreallyloud.  My heart was really pounding by this time.  I calmed myself cause he was still there and I am frozen.  He put his head down and saundered away.  

I had no shot but if I had I would have given him a try.  Gonna put a stand there tomorrow and see if he will come back.  All Darrell saw were some turkey but no shot.

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2014, 10:31:00 PM »
Keep the stories coming.  I will be there in January and looking forward to meeting Kenny.  Chad

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »
The guys have been dealing with near 80 temps, but sposed to be 37 in the morning. Think things will heat back up then. I may be forced to be sick later this week. LOL

Lookin forward to meetin you too Chad !!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »
Oops, 48 in am, 37 wed.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
Hope the cool weather gets them fired up for the guys!    :thumbsup:    

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2014, 08:56:00 PM »
Ok fellas....I have all these pix, and no time to write much about my hunt...so I'll go through this quick as possible so these other fellas can have the spotlight...

Our host...
•  

The fist afternoon I hunted the "Gap stand"...to the east...
•  

To the west...
•  

This evening was awesome...I saw 3 bucks, 2 older bucks and this fella that you'll get a better look at soon...
•  

Since the evening before was good, I decided to try the stand again. First light I see a pretty 2 1/2" year old 8pt out in the yellow foxtail to the east. A couple grunts and he was headed my way. He was very hesitant to come thru the "gap". he hung up at about 15yds.....after a bit he decided he'd had enough and turned to leave....as he did, I voice grunted to stop him.... he stopped, but in doing so turned back quartering to me...stand off!

A few minutes later he quickly turned and started walking away at a brisk pace....he got out to about 20yds, quartering hard away, I stopped him again...he tensed, I shot, he ducked!!!

Swing and a miss!!!

Then I get a text from Tracy that he'd shot a buck!!!  Awesome!!!

A bit later, I see a coyote out in the CRP, then another...I squeek to them as the both go out of sight....a minute later I see one coming...I pop on the video camera....as he comes in I see him lunge at something in the grass...comes a little closer...and lunges again at something(all on video) then turns and starts to walk straight away...a coyote walking straight away doesn't leave much of a target....but I tried as it walked off and shot just left of it's chest....strike 2!!!
The Gap Stand...
•  

Shortly after that, I headed for Tracy...
•  
•  
•  

He shot the same buck, pictured above, that I saw the evening before!  I knew it was the same buck as soon as he texted the pic. It's a very unique 4 pt.
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »
•  

My bud!!
•  

Before we moved Tracy's buck, we went for a walk to scout a bit....Persimmons...
•  

A buck rubbed this sapling, broke it over a bit, then worked on a second spot further up...
•  

We found a great spot for a stand, vowed to return with one to put up soon....

That evening I walked to a new spot in a hedgerow on the north edge of the field of yellow foxtail to the NE of the Gap Stand....I walked in with the stand, set it, and climbed up. It was warm, drizzling, and was getting tore up by skeeters!!!!

It was early yet, I was just sitting relaxing as much as I could with the skeeters beating me up....a coyote is walking by my left side at 4yds!!!!

I'm only about 9ft up and it's close...I'm caught flat footed!!!!

He walks on behind a tree, I stand.....he gets into my shooting lane at about 5-6yds....I figure just go for it before he leaves...I reach for my bow and as I'm bringing it around I make a slight squeak to try to stop him before he gets out of my lane...the yote stops and I drill it at 6yds...

Nothing shows the rest of the evening and the light rain continues as darkness closes in.

At dark I get down to look for my prize...

The fletch was drenched in blood...
•  

about 50yds down the hellish hedgerow, I found her...
•  

My Kwyk Styk "Cy", and 250gr. 1 1/4" 3 blade VPA...
•  

•  
Curt } >>--->   

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
I miss our nightly visits from Kenny, what a guy and what a great host    :thumbsup:    :goldtooth:    

Tracy

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
Thanks Tracy! Now I'm blushin...

I might add that the gap stand is sorta set for a rightie, so Curt had a bit of a disadvantage being left handed....
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »
•  

VPA's are wicked!!
•  

The next day it was pouring....but perfect to set a stand.....so, I donned my Kuiu raingear....and rode the 4 wheeler to the south farm with ladderstand attached and went to work.

It took a bit, but I got it all set in a great spot the we would call "the Guru Gap"...

My return...It had poured, but I was dry as a bone...
•  
•  

The big guy...
•  

We spent the rest of the afternoon at Kenny's....he's got an awesome shop!!!
•  
•  

As a taxidermist, it's not often I get someone that skins for me....but Tracy wanted to show me how well he skins coyotes.....he's done way more than I have...
•  
Curt } >>--->   

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©