3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KILLERS at kennym's  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: KILLERS at kennym's
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2014, 08:10:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
Such a cool thread!!  Can't wait for all the details.

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
Guys are seein plenty of critters, its gonna happen! (again)   :bigsmyl:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 10:42:00 PM »
Waiting for updates!  Keep on 'em boys!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
Yesterday before our evening hunt we did some shooting and Curt had been talking about how he had never shot a Hill style bow that hadn't rattle him some. I got out one of my all natural BBO bows and let him try it.

Even though Curt is a lefty I think the man could out shoot most of us right handed guys too. I'll let him tell about the bow but let's just say he wouldn't give it back to me for a while.  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
Pretty good form for a lefty...better than mine  :)  

I need a bow building lesson and an excuse to come visit bud. I can't wait to hear all the details of this hunt    :campfire:
Mike Davenport

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
Down wind tonight from two very stinky scrapes, smell like feed lots  :help:    

Pretty little creek behind me.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2014, 05:57:00 PM »
:campfire:     :coffee:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »
Tracy, thanks for the pics and the mini updates. Your brief reports are a lead in to what's to come. Can't wait for the full story.

:thumbsup:      :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Chuck Janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
Been waiting for this thread and now playing catch up.Sorry that you could not make it again this year Terry. But cool you are staying withyour daughters. Charlie is with another new crowd, Had a blast there last year. Sounds like Kenny has grown a good crop of critters this year. Good luck guys and keep the post coming.
Life at it's Longest is Short

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
Yeah....it was best I stayed all the way around...issues with an employee last two days also.

Looking forward to the wind up...man I hope they down some more.

:pray:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »
The guys have headed home..... Tales will be forthcoming in a day or 2.

Terry , sorry you had to miss it but I've already told ya what I thought about that!

Charlie, Curt , and Tracy- You guys are awesome!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Offline Darrell M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »
Can't wait to hear their tales!!!
Can't wait till get there myself!!!
Counting down the days till the Arkansas boys get there .   :jumper:    :jumper:

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
Darrell , I have info that may help plus the harvest is gonna start like crazy now, no rain in sight!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »
:campfire:    :coffee:
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
I have sharpened my broadheads.  Have already packed most my supplies, including cutting boards and wrapping paper.  

This week will just drag along!!!   :archer2:    :archer2:

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
Thanks for following along this week everybody, I had a great time as always at Kenny's. It sure was good to see some of my old friends again and get to hunt with them I just wish Terry could have made it and completed our team but we know family and a business comes first. This was my first hunt and test since some major health problems and I was glad that everything went just fine for me.

I will make mine short and let the story tellers Curt and Charlie tell there's like there supposed to be done   :readit:  We sure hit some crummy (Rain) weather for the first 4 days but that's the way it goes' but we hung in there and did the best we could.

My first morning sit was in one of Kenny's ladder stands on the new 40acre's and it didn't take long and I had two does come by at 35yds browsing. Twenty minutes later 3 more a big doe and twins but they feed around a couple oaks for 30 minutes, had shots at the young ones but never the big doe. After getting out I did a little scouting to warm up and check out the area and everything looked very good except you guys coming up on the next hunt might want to avoid this corner of the CRP field.

Them buggers could be trouble but Kenny will show you were there at. That night is when I sit in the stand were Charlie had his fall last year, so glad he's able to still be able to hunt with us this year. That's were the snapping turtle and woodchuck paid me a visit and right at dark I had four deer come in but to dark to shoot.

That night Kenny came over and while we were talking about a place we had seen he told us that there was a field of soybeans in all those weeds I just hadn't noticed. Plans were made and I would take my little strap on stand a couple steps and head in there a have a look see.  :)  

In the dark the next morning I didn't have to go far the sign was really good and fresh since the rains had stopped briefly.

I found a great spot were three trails intersected and I climbed up on a brush pile set my stand on a tree maybe six feet off the ground, brushed it in a little and climbed in just as the sky was turning blue. I forgot to take a pick of that stand but I know Curt took one because he was shocked I shot a deer out of it I think.  :D  

Tracy

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2014, 05:01:00 PM »
Here we go, time for the stories!

Tracy, what the heck is that in the bottom corner of the bottom pic?

Looks like the hornets have a built in cedar closet too, never noticed that before!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2014, 05:53:00 PM »
:campfire:     :coffee:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
lol! Kenny pretty sure that's my big fat finger with a shooting glove on it     :dunno:        :D    

As soon as it got daylight I could see 3 deer out in the field about 150yds, 10 minutes later another out from behind a large brush pile and it was a young buck. He headed across the field away from me and started working the field edge checking scrapes we later found out and browsing. I started checking the timber out behind me and could see several good size rubs on ceder trees running all the way up the hill.

I was still watching the buck across the field and happened to glance to my left and there stood a buck about 60yds away. He started to go away then stopped and turned around and headed right on the trail that would bring him right by me at 12yds. He covered the ground quickly and stopped perfectly in front of me leg forward and sniffed the ground not knowing what was about to happen.

The shot looked great I instantly saw blood shooting out he dropped and lunged sideways 10yds and about fell over the headed down the bean field and over a little rise and out of sight 80yds away. All was quiet and the deer in the field and the little buck never heard a thing and were still feeding. I text the guys and no sooner did and here come the rain and not a light rain either, I waited 10 minutes broke one of my rules got out knowing it was a good shot looked for my arrow and found it. Followed a short blood trail and at the end was fine young meat buck for the cooler.

When I go out of state I'm a meat hunter and thankful for the good clean kill and time spent in the woods. I can always hunt the big bucks at home!

Tracy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©