3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Muck Boots(good or bad)  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Warren Cowen

• Trad Bowhunter
Muck Boots(good or bad)
« on: October 13, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
Can someone tell me about the Muck Arctic Pro Hunting Boot. Good or Bad? Thanks, Warren...
Warren Cowen

Offline karrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Muck Boots(good or bad)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
for me bad. my feet sweat bad and my socks work down. i have never worn mine hunting for those reasons. my experience has been at work.
Kevin Day

Offline Trapper Rob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
A lot of people I know really like them as for me I don't like them my feet sweat in them & they kill my back.

Offline jebeckjr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
They tend to be really (REALLY) warm, even in cooler weather. I was out bird hunting in an old pair today, and I changed socs twice in 4 hours.  Also, they don't seem to offer much stability- your foot can swim around a bit.

Also, the company recently received a fair amount of bad press for botched PR in a fundraising effort.  It's unclear (at least to me) what exactly happened, but the company's own handling of it seemed less than honest, at best.  So it makes sense, the agency that benefited is a very anti-hunting org.  It seems Muck may have forgotten their customer base, for a while, at least.  You can find way more info than you need on social media / Google.
>>>----TGMM Family of the Bow----->

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
I have the chore boot [don't know about the artic pro] and like it--if I'm not doing tons of hiking. To go in to stand in cool/cold wet/damp weather, they are nice.
Sandy Biles Scorpion TD RC; 54@28
RER XR Static Tip RC; 50@28
JC Optimus riser/Uukha EX1EVO2 [email protected]

Offline duffer1565

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »
Have a pair for the last 2 years and love them for stand hunting.  Wear a pair of polypropylene socks liners  under your regular socks if your feet tend to  sweat and your good.  I find them to be really comfortable.
60" Firefly 48#@28"
60" Big Jim Buffalo 48#@28"

58" BW PSA IV 48# @ 28"
58" Firefly Messenger Static Recurve 47# @ 28"

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
I have had the Wetlands for a few years and really like them. I have a few spots where I need to cross water or take the canoe. I would imagine the artic pro's to be over kill around here. I can wear the wetlands with good socks down into the teens in comfort. For water and mud they are great. For long hikes and steep stuff I go to Danners or Keen's these days.
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
I have the Wetland model. Seem well made but I have not worn them much so don't know if moisture will be problem. They are heavier than my other rubber boots but probably a lot warmer. I feel clumsy in them but it may just be me. I have used them during last years snows for chores and they seem OK in the warmth dept.
Member NCBA

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »
I have a pair of the wetlands. Ok Boots but after I heard of Muck boots Donating to HSUS, i have lost any interest in these boots.  

I know they now deny they the donation and later said it was employees acting independently. At this point they knew they were in deep crap and had evidence on their Facebook page which was still posted even after denying it. Info they came out with afterward trying to save face was incorrect and False which lessens my respect even more.

How can a Farming/Hunting company make a donation to an organization that is outspoken against such activities?

I will never Buy another pair.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online Cocklebur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »
I have had Arctic Pro's for two or three years. I really like them in really cold weather. I think they would be over kill if you walked a lot in them.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 05:31:00 AM »
I have the Arctic Sport model. Very warm and comfortable.
But no good for me in the woods. The neoprene is being picked away by branches and twigs, looking pretty frayed all around. Maybe good in muddy, marshy conditions.
This will be my last pair.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline JMG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 07:35:00 AM »
I bought a pair prior to Muck Boots donations to H.S.U.S. and their cover up. Will not be buying another pair.
 http://beefmagazine.com/blog/muck-boots-keeps-stepping-muck-social-media

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 07:45:00 AM »
I prefer the newer Lacrosse Aerohunter
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »
I like the boots, very warm (wear heavy wool socks). Hate the politics.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 08:42:00 AM »
Hmm,,,,,I never heard this about Muck boots!  

If I can find proof they do or did intentially support HSUS I will burn them and go back to my Lacross which I've had for about 20yrs and with my lacross other than being a bit heavy they held up and worked like a charm,, I do remember that if you tucked in your pants it would bind them up right right where the pants settled in at and they would make a "pop" sound when you walked which annoyed me big time.

as for Mucks I won't go into why I liked them anymore until I know more about the company.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »
I'm with JMG.  I have a pair of Muck Woody Max boots.  Have lasted quite well.  Of course they're heavily insulated, but that's what I want for the cold weather in Northern Wisconsin during November.  You wouldn't need an insulated model in Arkansas.

All this being said, there are other good rubber bottom, neoprene top boots out there, LaCross and Boggs, to name a few.  I won't buy another pair of Mucks.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
I didn't know about Mucks and the HSUS thing. I will certainly take my business elsewhere with this information.
Too bad, because they make a good boot, but I don't need to spend my money on those who support anti hunters.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard.  Timberland lost my business many years ago when they withdrew their sponsorship of the Iditarod because it was cruel to the dogs! You've got to wonder who works in these companies PR depts.!!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
I have had a pair of Woody Max for 5 years.  I will by another pair when they wear out.  I use Lacrosse for my non-insulated boots but Muck for when it's cold.  I personally think the HS thing was blown way out of proportion.
T ZZZZ

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
They were very good when they first came out, and they were a good value then, too.  The last pair I bought were pretty high, but I haven't bought a pair in at least two years, so I don't know what's going on with them these days.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©