3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Muck Boots(good or bad)  (Read 1568 times)

Offline calgarychef

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Muck Boots(good or bad)
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »
The first boot I reach for now If I'm not hiking in a long ways.  They're warm and if I want more support I can wear ankle braces inside them.  I wore mine for 10 days straight while on snowshoes and they were the perfect choice.  They seem to be good to about -10C if you're moving they're good way below that.

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 06:10:00 PM »
I have a pair of the Woody Max and really like them. I only wear them when temps are freezing or below. Very warm and comfortable. Not sure what I'll buy when they wear out, but they look like they've got some years left.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
I looked for the link, but couldn't find it. Muck donated to a local humane shelter in memory of one of their employees parents that had passed away. The Muck Boots website ran an explanation of what happened. Their explanation seemed legit.
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
I agree with Mike.  As someone already said, it would make no sense whatsoever for a company that relies primarily on farmers and hunters to donate to ARA organization.  The HSUS has fooled more than a few people acting like they are part of the Humane Society.

I use the Woody and like it.  My wife has several pairs, from the garden shoes to mid-calf boots.  She loves hers.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
I have the arctic sport and the chore boot, love them both.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
Mine are the Forester(?) I think. They are a discontinued style so I got them on discount. They work for me, a little heavy but fit well with thick socks.

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
The last pair I bought was the chore boot, I believe.  They are better for warmer weather and less muddy conditions.  I also have the Woody Max, I think, which is very warm, but I don't use them much down here any more.  I've been thinking about going to something like the Bean boot.  I definitely think Muck has gotten pretty proud of their boots, based on the last price I saw for them.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline Warren Cowen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2014, 09:41:00 AM »
I want to thank everybody for the Info. I am a diabetic, and I have poor circulation in my feet. I understand when someone say you don't need them in Arkansas. But it is cold and wet here. Are hunting season ends in late Feb. So I have to find the right boot for the cold. Thanks again, Warren...
Warren Cowen

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »
I also have issues with cold feet, mucks do the best job, esp if stand hunting .

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
I forget who makes them, but there are some remote controlled insoles to keep your feet warm.  A buddy of mine has them and loves them.

Offline dink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
warren, Im diabetic not on med just watch my diet.I bought mucks 3 yrs ago standared wetlands i believe.
only boot that keep my feet warm i love mucks buy a pair for everyday soon. they are pricy especialy kids i just bought my 7 yr old a pair for i believe 90 dollors. i wish the uppers were a little tuffer though.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
Muck makes the most comfortable rubber boot I've ever worn. I hunt public land, and regularly hike in 1.5 to 2 miles in my Muck boots. I find the boot to be true to size and perfect for the weather conditions in Texas and Oklahoma. I have not owned or even seen the Muck boot being considered but the lower level boot I own is perfect for my needs. Good luck in your search. As for the politics mentioned, to each his own. I find it difficult to condemn a company or individual for a one time error in judgement.   :campfire:

Offline Warren Cowen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
Thanks Dink and you are right Bill.
Warren Cowen

Offline Flying Dogg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 07:37:00 AM »
The following is from Muck.

Donation to a local Humane Society

This entry was posted on August 6, 2014 by Muck Boot Store.

The Muck Boot Store is the oldest, independent online retailer of The Original Muck Boot Company Muck Boots and we were saddened to see that The Original Muck Boot Company announced a donation to the Humane Society of the United States on their facebook page.

Thankfully, we have since learned that the donation never happened. The Original Muck Boot Company, like many people, was duped into thinking their local Humane Society was the same as HSUS when they communicated their donation. Several of their employees collected money for the Humane Society of Rhode Island, which is a local animal shelter. They were proud of this and wanted to share the news on Facebook. The controversy started when whoever posted the information did not know the difference between the two organizations and mistakenly said the donation was for HSUS. They have since clarified what happened.

Who a company supports says a lot about their values.  At The Muck Boot Store, we are major supporters of farmers, hunters, and the military-- that is what got us into this business. Every year we choose a charity that is important to us to give back. The charity we raised money for this year was the Fallen Patriot Fund which supports the families of US military personnel who were killed or seriously injured during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

We believe The Original Muck Boot Company also shares our values. They made a stupid mistake and confused two organizations that they shouldn't have.  But the fact is they made a donation to a local animal shelter and in no way are supporting an anti-hunting and anti-farming organization. They are bad communicators but they do not have bad values.

The Muck Boot Store would like to thank everyone who was rightly upset about this mistake. You have helped bring attention to HSUS's agenda and misleading tactics. Fewer people will be tricked into supporting HSUS because of the attention you brought to this issue.

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 07:41:00 AM »
...what about the Humane Society of Rhode Island stating they NEVER received any money from Muck Boot Company and has no idea what they are talking about?
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »
From Sean O'Brien on Aug 7th on their Facebook page.

A few days ago we made a series of mistakes here and on our other social media channels. Words can’t express how sorry we are that we’ve caused so much disappointment in our brand. There’s been a lot of speculation as to what happened, and clearly our initial statement caused even more confusion.
While we’ve been quiet here, please know that we’ve been reading every one of your comments and I want to personally address your concerns.
Here’s exactly what happened…we suffered the loss of a colleague a few months ago. Our colleague had a long fight with cancer and had a cat that was by his side until the very end. Because of that, his family requested that -- in lieu of flowers -- donations by employees, not the company, be made to a local animal shelter in his honor. The Humane Association of Northwestern Rhode Island (HANRI) was identified as our local shelter; it’s about ten miles from our office in Smithfield, Rhode Island.
Here are the mistakes we made: first, we posted photos on our Facebook page and on Instagram of an employee-sponsored collection effort in our warehouse, which was disrespectful to our colleague and completely inappropriate. Despite our good intent, we should never have used these corporate channels for what was a private matter. Then, we incorrectly tagged Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) in the posts, when the money was actually intended for our local animal shelter. And finally, when the statement went up in an attempt to clarify the events, the money hadn’t yet been delivered, because the funds were still being collected. Cash and personal checks were hand-delivered yesterday by the same employees who raised the funds.
Needless to say, our entire team has learned some hard lessons this week.
We know it is you, our customers, who have helped build the Muck Boot brand to what it is today. We would never intentionally alienate you, and we sincerely apologize if we have done so this past week. We’ve worked hard over the years to build quality footwear and to build a brand that is broadly trusted – we hope that you’ll give us a chance to earn back that trust.
Farmers, outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen are among our most loyal customers and at the core of what we do and why we do it. You can continue to count on us for the very best footwear and to never forget who we work for – you, our customers.
— Sean O’Brien, director of footwear, Muck Boots.

****he later replies******

The Original Muck Boot Company We’ve seen the question in this string. We’ve stated publicly….no, The Original Muck Boot Company has not contributed to Humane Society of United States (HSUS). We appreciate and understand your concerns over this but assure you, we’d never support any organization that is so polarizing and undermines the livelihoods of you, our core customers.

They goofed and appear to have tried to correct the miscommunication.

I just went to the swamps of SC in my new Mucks. They beat Bass Pro's boots all day long.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
I still prefer Lacrosse - no confusion on where they stand.  And the new aerohunter boots are the bomb
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »
My last pair of Mucks lasted only 3 years before cracking.  I've since gone back to Lacrosse boots.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »
I had a pair of the arctic boots.  I walked a lot in the winter with them.  The bottoms were stiff for hunting for me, and they only lasted a couple of years before cracking and leaking. I have had much better luck ,and foot stability in LaCrosse boots.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©