3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SEMO hog hunt March 3, 2007  (Read 29072 times)

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: SEMO hog hunt March 3, 2007
« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2007, 08:15:00 AM »
Voodoofire,
Sounds fine to me, that's actually pretty thoughtful. Thanks & good lookin' combo. Might shoot Citori a PM since he's kind of the mind behind the madness.
Shane
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
Ozarkrambler& Mobiltoy

I am going to go up there Saturday.  I am planning on putting out more feeders then.  I am going to do it by boat.  Twig will be around to help out also.  Holler at me Friday and we will try to get together to bait/scout.

I figured it might take a while for the hogs to start hitting the feeders.  I will spread out a lot on the ground at the new feeders also.

Ozarkrambler....guess they have started hitting the pond at that feeder since it thawed.  Cant figure out why they have not hit the feeder in the pine grove?????  You think the smell of the 5gal buckets is spookin em????????

I have about 4 different places I want to bait from the water.... Plus a couple from land.

voodoofire1,
that would be GREAT!!!!!That is an unexpected treat...you do GREAT work!  I would like to maybe have a wild game cookout on Saturday night??????  Everyone could bring some wild game to cook....  That sound like a plan???????  I can bring crappie, hog, and deer.  Lets see what others come up with....we could have one heck of a FEAST!!!

Ozarkrambler, mobiltoy, and one or two others that are familiar with the lake and our baited areas will be a LOT of help.  THat way there will be different guys kinda in charge of different groups/areas.  Thank you to all the guys that have helped me out with everything....it would have been a BEAR to do without ya!!!!

keep in touch
citori

Offline gwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: February 22, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
I'll bring some wild turkey(the bird) and deer.
Jesus died for us!  Following him brings us closer to God.  Think about it!

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
We should be able to have a HUGE wild game feed!!!!

30ish + guys should have enough game to feed an army!!!

I will have several hog hams smoked for the weekend if everyone wants.  Wonder how many we will need to have smoked?????  

wudstix,

The weather went from low teens at night and highs in the low 30's last weekend.......to lows in the 40-50's and highs in the 60's this week!!!!! LOL gotta love SEMO weather!!!!

thanks
citori

Offline Voodoofire1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »
Thanks citori! I'll get right on it. Guys the only thing I was lucky enough to get this year was a few squirrels, but, we can have some tag soup,lol,lol,.......Any of you have anything to trade, maybe we can get a trading blanket together after dinner saturday........Steve
True happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Offline coon crick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
A feed Sat night sounds great! Also, many thanks, in advance to Citori Ozarkrambler, Mobiltoy and anyone else involved, for all the time and effort you guys have put in to provide us with this hunt.

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
Yea a big thanks to all involved for the time put in to help make this hunt a great time.
  Great idea on the giveaway Steve. Thanks to you for that.
  I tell ya this hunt is sure sounding better and better all the time. The feast Sat nite already has me hungry. I've got a venison roast I'm going to bring for that.
 Little over a week and let the fun begin.
Cancer must have a crooked shootin bow cus it ain't kilt me yet.

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
When I first started this thread I had envisioned just a couple guys from the area getting together......what a GREAT suprise it has turned out to be!!!!!  It has evolved into a BIG hunt with a LOT of other things like the Saturday night feed.  I am getting more and more excited with each passing day.  I am sure that we will have a great time.  

I am going to try to get the guy from the Corp office that is in charge of the hogs at the lake to come out and talk to us.  I will also get coppies of the map that was posted on hog location for our hunt.  I have dealt with him several time about the hogs and he is a GREAT guy to deal with.  He will help us out all he can with  the hogs at the lake. He has a photo album with LOTS of pics of hogs, and hog damage in the area.

thanks
citori

Offline mobiltoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
I have access to two large size smoker/bbq grills
about a 1/2 mile from Millers if we need it. Also Citori if the Millers folks will let us I have a 4x4x1 foot foam target there also to set up.  I will be getting off work this sat am and I am not sure if one of my boys will be comming with me to help.  If not the earliest I can be at the lake is 9am ish.  Do I need to pick up more corn?  I would like to put out a couple more over near the hwy w area.  Talk to you friday night.  Bill

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
I figure there will be a LOT of shooting at millers....we gotta shoot....seems the trad guys cant go very long without shooting...LOL

I will get some hog hams smoked at Dexter BBQ and bring them already cooked with me on Friday!!!!!

I would imagine that several of us will need to bring smokers/BBQ grills to cook on Saturday evening.

The weather is supposed to be NASTY Saturday with thunderstorms/wind/etc.....if it is I DO NOT want to be in my boat on the lake....we will just bait from land.  I have about 500# of corn left, but if we put out several more feeders we could always use more!!!!  I am going to get some more flexxible pipe for feeders.  Maybe they will hit it more than the 5gallon bucket feeders.

thanks
citori

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
I have some catfish, rabbit and some deer loin.  And some deer sticks for snacking.  This is sure going to be fun!  I will also be bring a string board and string making stuff.  I can show anyone that wants, how to make a string.

Offline BobinTN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
Friday/noon/3/no/Total = 31
Bob Brundage
Clarksville, TN

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »
Just like here 25* one day and 78* the next.  Still working on a "kitchen pass".  I do have a bunch of Mesquite chips(garbage bag full) I can bring for the smokers.  Got Magnus Mag I 160 grain heads flying great form my MOAB LB and Ribtek 190 grain heads flying good from the Big River recurve.
Hopefully yours,
Thanx
Wudstix
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline sticbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
I will bring 100 pounds of corn..

Offline sticbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
see you all a week from tomorrow...looking forward to seeing everyone..
VooDoofire1 I talked to  you at cloverdale last year at the arial target shoot...see ya next week..
                         Scott

Offline skeaterbait

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
I'm giddy as a school girl on prom night.
Skeater who?

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
Citori;
Ran into a road block.  The manager at my park time job denied my request for time off, so I will not be able to make SEMOHH.  Hopefully, this will become an annual event, or more freguent.  Is there anyone out there coming from the San Antonio area, who can pick up the Mesquite chips for the smokers.  They really Kick Off any meat you're grilling.

<")))>< Michael >>>------->     "[dntthnk]"
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »
I'm in on the wild game feast.  I've got deer tenderloin and maybe some ham steaks I can bring along.  I'm also in for the string making tutorial.  I've been meaning to learn how to make my own for quite a while now...
Tony McCall

Jesus.  There is no other name...  Acts 4:12

Offline Voodoofire1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »
Scott I remember,looking forward to seeing you again, Guys I have an aeriel target thrower and some targets I can bring if you would like to shoot a few.
True happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©