3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SEMO hog hunt March 3, 2007  (Read 29066 times)

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SEMO hog hunt March 3, 2007
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »
4 DAYS!!!! I agree with tmcall citori you are the man and want to thank you for everything ahead of time...I also agree that we need some sort of list for food supplies needed etc..

I am also making up some flu flus but not sure what kinda points to put on them for the aerial targets..field points,  blunts, judos..never shot em but looking forward to everything planned and everything taht happens that aint planned friday cant be here soon enough.

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
Won't know until wednesday if I'll be able to come. I have an mri at 7:30 in the morning and then will see the orthopedic doc wednesday morning. Depends on what he says. If i can make it I should get there late friday night
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline T-Mac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »
Citori I totally agree with Tony. Please list items you may need and let the rest of us help out. The thing I am really looking forward to is the fellowship. The success of the hunt is not going to be measured by the number of hogs killed but by the total experience of the trad gang getting together for a great time together.

We are really looking forward to meeting all the guys and putting real faces with the names and handles on tradgang. I for one can't wait. Will see you Friday.
Slow down and enjoy life.  It's not only the scenery you
miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where
you are going and why.
-   Eddie Cantor

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #263 on: February 26, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »
Have a GREAT time and fill us all in to have an awesome vicarious experience.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Voodoofire1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: February 26, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
citori, I agree, you have went above and beyond on this one, a class act for sure, and I thank you very much, I'm up for a little still hunting the fringes but anything you decide is fine with me. I'll be glad to man the aeriels, we need an area that's at least a hundred yards deep for the aeriels, and right now the thrower is on a post that's pounded into the ground so I would need an area suitable for that too, unless you would like me to make a stand for it which is no problem, just let me know, and guys field points will be fine.........................Steve
True happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: February 26, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
I am going to bring dirty rice and french bread for Friday nights meal.

Saturday night I will have deer, hog, fish, duck, and squirrel.  If you guys have anything wild bring it and will cook it....

If not we will also need......

We will need fish cookers, foil, beverages ;^), taters, onions, corn on the cob (if anyone can find any), oil to fry fish in, Fish If anyone has some, other wild game, plates, bowls, forks/spoons, napkins, grills, smokers, charcoal, lighter, spices, conmeal, you name it we will probably need it.....etc and anything else anyone can think of.....

If you make a mean baked beans, tatersalad, cobler, etc, etc, etc, BRING IT....I bet we will eat it all!!!!LOL

thanks
citori

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: February 26, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
Hey!  I might can help out with the fish angle...  let me check the freezer tonight.  I can probably come up with a fish cooker as well!
Tony McCall

Jesus.  There is no other name...  Acts 4:12

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: February 26, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »
I do have a request......WALLEYE.....never had any and all I hear is how great it is.....can anyone help me out???? :^)  I only have 1 gallon bag of crappie fillets and 1 quart bag of crappie fillets to cook Saturday.......

I am going to have 3 wild hog hams and maybe a deer ham smoked for the weekend also.

thanks
citori

Offline mobiltoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: February 26, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
Citori, I ended up sick yesterday morning and was unable to put out anymore feeders.  I left the pipe and corn at my dads and told him someone might be by early friday to get it.  Talk to ya in a few days.  Bill

Offline skeaterbait

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: February 26, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
How close to town are we gonna be? I want to contribute the feedin but we got three guys + gear coming in one truck.

I will be glad to make run to the store and grab plates, cups, paper towls, and eatin utinsils when I get there.
Skeater who?

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
Citori, we plan to bring 10 doz. buns, paper plates and silver ware. If we need to bring anything else, please let me know.

Howard
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline nanook712

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: February 26, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »
Looks like you guys are ramping up for a mighty fine time good luck wish I was closer.

Offline sticbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: February 26, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
citori
         I think i can get some walleye..I will bring taters and andy's seasoning and a small to med fish fryer..does someone have a bigger fish fryer?? mine is electric ...

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: February 26, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
I have accesss to two big friers....but need a couple full 20# propane bottles to go with em!!!

I got a report of hogs hitting one of three  of our new feeders mobiltoy and I put out Saturday gettin hit HARD.  We put out 50# of corn in the feeder and on the ground and the feeder is half empty.  It was checked this weekend by ozarkrambler......@24hours and they ate probably 30# of corn there.  I am going to fill it up again tomorrow and MAYBE put out another feeder in that area.  I will also check our other feeder we put close to that area.  There is one we put out the same day that I bet is getting hit also which Ozarkrambler did not find.  Things seem to be shapin up!!!

Once again if it werent for Ozarkrambler and Mobiltoy and a few others helping out I could not have done it....  THANK YOU GUYS...

If some of you can bring a bag or two of corn with you it would be great.  We have about 6 left, but if they have hit several feeders we might need more!  I would also encourage  everyone stand hunting/sitting that goes out to take about a gallon bag of corn out with you each time you hunt.  I would even take it if you are hunting feeders. Hogs move a LOT and maybe the bag of corn you spread out will make em stop long enough for a good shot. BUT....lets not count our chickens before they hatch!!!LOL

I am getting reports of guys hunting the hogs with dogs also.  The last report I had was them killing 5 in an area that we havnt looked at.....so that area is another option.

The guys that are going to be here Friday morning I would like to check all the feeders and see what is happening at them all.  That way we will know EXACTLY what we have to work with for Saturday!!!!  Plus each station will be full and READY!!! If those that are gonna be here are game for that. We have great maps thanks to BobinTN, but you cant replace actual time in the woods.  Friday mornin  will get more guys familiar with where the feeders are and how the land lays.  That way more guys will have a handle on what is happening  when everyone gets here.

I put a call in to the guy that is in charge of the hog stuff for the corp at the lake.  I left him a message.  I would like him to come by Millers and show you all his photo alblum(sp) of hogs and hog related stuff at the lake.  I am also goin to talk to him about using a 4wheeler to get hogs out (hopefully) and possible other access to hog areas.....so hopefully that works out for us too.

Come on Weekend!!!!  It is gonna be a BLAST.

If anyone has a question or whatever my cell # is 573-614-2725....dont be afraid to give me a call with any questions or anything. I want this to be an enjoyable weekend for all!!!

thanks
citori

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: February 27, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »
Thanks a million Citori! Can't wait to shake you and everyone elses hand that help put this hunt on. Sounds like you all have got a good idea of what needs to be done to make this an enjoyable time for all.

We will bring some more corn for the feeders and should be there by 9/10 Fri morning. I'm bringing a big pot of deer stew for the feast Sat. nite. I have some paper plates, spoons, cups, etc that I'll bring also.

Looks like we're going to have some exellent weather this weekend. Sunny with highs in the upper 30's. It doesn't get any better than that.

Just a reminder for folks who have stuff to trade to bring it with ya. Hopefully we can get a little tailgate trade going Fri. or Sat. evening sometime.

Once again a BIG THANKS!!!
Cancer must have a crooked shootin bow cus it ain't kilt me yet.

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: February 27, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »
I just looked at the weather....lowes @ 30 highs @50.....perfect.

There is also a grocery store less than a mile from Millers that should have anything we forgot.

Me and a buddy are goin to fill some of the feeders this afternoon again.  We got em hitting some of them and want to keep it that way!!!

thanks
citori

Offline gwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: February 27, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
I am in for a couple of bags of corn.  I will also bring a big game cart, so anyone can use it to recover a pig, if needed.
Jesus died for us!  Following him brings us closer to God.  Think about it!

Offline mobiltoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: February 27, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
Just to let everyone know there is a grocery store close by Millers.  Nathan I can bring a lp tank and I think we also have a cooker at dads with a tank, if they need to be filled that can also be done close by.  As far as the other hunters with dogs in the area when I left sunday morning I saw several vehicles along the road side with dog coups in the back of the rigs, might have plenty of competition this weekend. Either way this is shaping up to one heck of a hunt.  My friend and I have trad bow hunted this area since the early ninties and have never met any other trad bowhunters, for us we just want to meet some other like minded folks.  Hope to see you all friday.  Bill

Offline coon crick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: February 27, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
I'll be happy to help Friday morning as long as my 60 year old legs will let me. Where and at what time? I'll bring a couple bags of corn.

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
I will be up at the lake about 6:30-7:00 ish....but whenever everyone wants to go

holler back
citori

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©