3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SEMO hog hunt March 3, 2007  (Read 28959 times)

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SEMO hog hunt March 3, 2007
« Reply #280 on: February 27, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
Hold off on bringing the boats.....We did not have a chance to bait by boat like I wanted because of weather.

I have one I will bring and MAYBE if someone else close has one that would be ok.....other than that dont worry about draggin one all the way here since we PROBABLY wont use them much if at all.  This should make it easier on several of you that were going to drag boats a long distance.

thanks
citori

Offline coon crick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: February 27, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
Citori--How is the cell service around Millers, if I can I'll give you a call Friday morning about meet up time.

Offline skeaterbait

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: February 27, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
Boy, I can't believe our newest member isn't jumping all over this hunt, I think his name was Byron something....  :smileystooges:    :archer:
Skeater who?

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: February 27, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
Skeater, Byrons a busy man but boy wouldn't it be cool if he did show. I'd like to watch him shoot some. Maybe it would help me a little or a whole lot. I need help. LOL!! Maybe we should tell him it's mandatory for new Tradgang members.

Looks like my group may come down Thursday nite so we can help out early Friday. We will have 200#'s of corn to put out if needed. I can't tell you how ready we are. Thats another reason for coming early. See you all there!
Cancer must have a crooked shootin bow cus it ain't kilt me yet.

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
I think Byron is at the Iowa deer classic this weekend.  
  Getting close.  Citori, thanks so much for all that you have done to make this happen as well as the others that have pitched in to help.  Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: February 27, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
Ive been waiting for this since the first part of december..2 1/2 days left..my super kodiak is set up we made some new arrows..pretty much have everything sitting by the door ready to go.. All I have to do is sit at work and figit and plan( not to mention the 10+hours of driving...2.5 DAYS!!!!not sure I can make it much longer

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: February 27, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »
Well "twig" and I went out and checked 6 feeders.  One was hit for sure by hogs.  The others had abit of action.  Three were empty totally.  There was a flock of @ 40 turkeys at it that I am sure helped empty it. We saw new hog sign and some of it was by LARGE hogs.  Well.....the tracks were large....which usually means large hogs.....LOL  

We ended up putting out 150# more corn.  I would like to check all feeders Friday morning and rebait em all or most of them anyway.  That will give us the best idea of what is going on.  We have put out @750# of corn in the last month or so.  That should keep em concentrated in a smaller area.  

We stopped by the Corp office today and talked to the head Corp guy and the man in charge of hogs.  He showed us pics of two hogs that were killed yesterday.  He also told us of 3 that were killed last weekend.  He had been out today and seen some new rooting on a food plot.  He said that he gets @ 25 calls a day about the hogs and hog hunting.  I also have the cell number the Corp gives the guy on duty on the weekends.  Eric(hog guy) said that we could call the number and the man on duty that weekend if he is not really busy should help us get a hog out.

Cell phone service is spotty, but works sometimes if you are not in the low hollers.

thanks
citori

Offline twig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: February 28, 2007, 05:59:00 AM »
Ditto on the Big Hog sign. Weather was great to restock the feeders. Critters were out in abundance. Should be the right timeing for a hunt. No ticks, mosquitoes, and chiggers.LOL. Yodel dogs sanernaded us on our way out last night. Look forward to meeting all you guys.

Offline gwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: February 28, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »
Sharpened broadheads, made some flu flu arrows, washed my clothes, thawed the Deer/Turkey, tuned my shooting(as much as possible), got myself all pumped up.  All that is left is to load/gas up the truck and of coarse wait, which is the hardest thing.
Jesus died for us!  Following him brings us closer to God.  Think about it!

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: February 28, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »
Good luck and have fun guys.  I wanted to make the trip but March is pretty busy for me.

Dennis

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: February 28, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

I've got my feeder full, just waitin' now.......

Offline gwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #291 on: February 28, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
Jesus died for us!  Following him brings us closer to God.  Think about it!

Offline sticbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: February 28, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »
citori
        I bought 20lbs of farm raised walleye for you hope your hungy!!!!we will have taters also..see ya friday..

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #293 on: February 28, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
You guys are making me cry.  If I could just talk momma into not making the house payment, or putting gas in the car, or groceries.  TAKE pics apost them please.  I'll spend some time that weekend shooting my longhorn hog target and dreaming of you fellas.  Beat of luck and shoot straight, and often.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: February 28, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »
Hey guys I've messed around and forgot to get some Flu Flu's made up. If someone that is coming makes arrows PM me if you can make 4 up for me. Need some spined for a 46 pound recurve.

We're headed down there later tomorrow. Lookin forward to meeting everyone.
Cancer must have a crooked shootin bow cus it ain't kilt me yet.

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: February 28, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
I'm out of the picture with my son's recent illness, but I'll be there for sure next time.  Can't wait to see the pictures.  Have fun and be careful.

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: February 28, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
deerhntr,

The spine of Flu Flu arrows is not as important im my opinion as it is for regular hunting/target arrows.  I figure with all of us someone will take pity on ya and let ya shoot theres a couple times LOL...

sticbow

Thats GREAT guys always told me you cant beat walleye.....Thanks You!!!  I have about 6 small wild hog shoulders/hams from TX(@20 # total)and a deer ham that is gettin smoked at Dexter BBQ that will be at Millers hot off the smoker on Friday night also!!!  A big batch of dirty rice with pork/deer I am gonna cook Friday.  I also have a gallon and a quart of crappie fillets, deer summer sausage, and a couple swamp rabbits for Saturday night.  Buddy is bringin chili also Friday.  IF YA LEAVE HUNGRY this weekend it is you OWN fault!!!!!

cant wait!!!!
citori

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: February 28, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
Deerhntr and all others,
I would like to meet up with any of ya that are going to be here tomorrow.  I have to come back home and deliver the hog/deer Dexter BBQ to get smoked, but would be love to meet up with anyone who is here Thursday afternoon.  About 6:00 would be great if the early arrivals want too.

holler at me after 3:15 on my cell tomorrow and will meet up!!!! 573-614-2725

later
citori

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: February 28, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
doc gave me the okay today  :)  I have to have surgery on my shoulder so I'll be rehabing during turkey season so I'm looking forward to doing a little hunting this weekend.

Anyone have some room on the floor for an extra sleeping bag?
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: March 01, 2007, 06:19:00 AM »
Welllll...I came into work tonight only to find I may have to pull overtime...I'm not a happy camper!! SO, as is typical I probably won't know for sure until the last minute..anyway, I HOPE to see you guys there. Man I just wanna scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©