3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Video of Shrew Haven 2013  (Read 833 times)

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Video of Shrew Haven 2013
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »
The camp Chef is in camp already. He's doing some advance scouting and preparing for the onslaught of the Shrew Crew.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 05:13:00 PM »
Yes Jason, I do feel a "connection" with wolves. They are highly intelligent and their social structure is much like ours. I know they're numbers need to be controlled but personally I don't think I could ever kill a wolf.  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »
Great video and story, Happy Hunting guys!
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
I've heard thier songs before but that morning with them all around was simply one of my most memorible times that I will alway cherish, and I thank the good Lord for it.  Good luck to you and everyone at Shrewhaven this year.
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
Way cool Ron. Best of luck to you guys this year.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
Interesting comment on the wolf, Ron. I feel the same about an elephant (not that I could afford to hunt one anyway). I understand their numbers need to be controlled and I feel no resentment toward those who hunt them legally, but I have no desire to kill one myself. I guess I've romanticized them too much, but "noble" comes to mind when I think of them.

That is a great video. What a difference from the "high 5's" and fist punches on most of the hunting shows. I still like the German tradition of the "Lezter Bissen" (last bite) and the moment of silence before the field dressing starts.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
The only fist bumps and high fives come when that evenings chef says dinner is served.     :readit:    ;)

Now if a deer is brought back into camp, there will be a lot of 'way to go ______' congratulations and probably a toast of bourbon a little later.    :thumbsup:

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »
Now if that could be a good, single-malt Scotch, I'd be glad to toast your deer, Ray   :)
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »
Now Tim Cosgrove is a Scotch drinker as well as bourbon, and Roger Norris loves his Jamison's Irish Whiskey, however Greg, Ron, Kevin and myself prefer the finer bourbons.  That said, nobody would frown upon any toast made with any refreshment made in the spirit of camp.

Offline rwbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
Makes me want to go find Armstrong Creek! Souds like my kind of draggin'!Very nice Mr. LaClair.
Shoot Straight..
Rory

Offline Keith Langford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »
That right there say's it all.Very well done Mr. LaClair and gang
John 3:16

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »
 Now Tim Cosgrove is a Scotch drinker as well as bourbon, and Roger Norris loves his Jamison's Irish Whiskey, however Greg, Ron, Kevin and myself prefer the finer bourbons. That said, nobody would frown upon any toast made with any refreshment made in the spirit of camp.  
Just in case someone gets the idea we're a bunch of lushes because of the bottles on the video and Rays statement, we're not at all. The libations are enjoyed moderately in the evening just before and or after dinner, with maybe a cigar or pipe of aromatic tobacco. There is not a deck of cards in camp, and after dinner we sit and talk of the days events and maybe reliving experiences of years past. We talk of plans for the next day, then it's early to bed and early to rise...we're not party boy's, first and foremost we are hunters...   :archer2:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
 We talk of plans for the next day, then it's early to bed and early to rise...we're not party boy's, first and foremost we are hunters...     :archer2:  
That's a proper hunting camp right there. Good stuff Ron.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »
Ron isn't kidding about no cards and actually having a conversation after supper. We sit around and debate, laugh, solve the worlds problems, and talk about old hunts. Someone is always stopping by, and that's always fun.

Put it this way...we all know that our local herd is in trouble up there because of last winter and possibly the wolves. Ron and I just hung up, and we both agreed that we (at least he and I) aren't shooting any does. It's going to be a slim year. Yet NOBODY considered not going to camp.

Shrewhaven is a place that we all get to enjoy TRADITIONAL ARCHERY....that's what it's about.Heck, I'm not even taking a treestand to camp this year. I'm planning a Shrewhaven season on the ground, sneaking around the pines...and hopefully a whopper buck. Or at least a story to tell.....   ;)
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »
Please be sure to post all the stories and pics  from shrew haven this year. I really enjoy reading all the adventures from there.
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »
Go Get em Roger.
(FYI- Ron has your Coup Cap.)

Good luck Guys.
CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
I've gotten wind of a couple nice bucks on our property. They have been seen by several different people in the same general area. From what I've been told I have a pretty good idea on their line of travel. The plan when I get up there is to scout the area and try and find a trail they may be using. Then I'll set up a  ground blind on either side of the trail in case of changing winds. This tactic has worked for me before so I'm hoping it'll work again.

I haven't mentioned it to the other guys but I told Roger about it in a phone conversation earlier today, he wanted to team up with me on these bucks. I told him I'd send him a text when I needed help dragging one of these bruisers out....        :bigsmyl:      

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
Text me sure....while you are    :bigsmyl:   dragging I will skip back to camp and eat the last hunk of apple pie....
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
 Text me sure....while you are        :bigsmyl:       dragging I will skip back to camp and eat the last hunk of apple pie....  
Have at it chubby...       :biglaugh:

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 03:43:00 AM »
Hmmm. Roger I thought you told me the cross fit motto is you can't out work what you eat. No amount of you "skipping" back to camp will work off a piece of that butter laden crust/brown sugar and butter infused mixture of Northern Spie and honey crisp apples baked to a Carmel like perfection.  Since I am down about 30 pounds over the last ten weeks I really don't think I should tempt myself by making any pie in camp this year.  Go ahead and help Ron with that mossy horn buck and we'll count it as a cross fit workout for you.     :laughing:      :laughing:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©