3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Video of Shrew Haven 2013  (Read 834 times)

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Video of Shrew Haven 2013
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »
You hear that Ron? No pie! You need to do something about this,   :scared:   Old Timer!
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:

quote:
 Text me sure....while you are         :readit:  

Awe, don't you worry your chubby little belly, you'll have some pies in camp.  I'd hate to have you 'inadvertently' not tend the fire so deftly as you do each night.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 07:55:00 AM »
Loved that Armstrong Creek story telling!
Slickhead

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
Really enjoyed watching that Ron.  Thanks for posting it!
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
 You hear that Ron? No pie! You need to do something about this,       :scared:      Old Timer!  
What can I do       :readit:  

"Those were the day's my friend, I thought they'd never end"    :(    :(    :(    

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
Oh,  and don't fall asleep during our evening discussions...   :biglaugh:    

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
Wow Ron, I'm getting close to that weight in the picture.  That's got to be a picture from 10 plus years ago.  Note the wood post just above my right elbow is still there. That was removed during one of the first remodels. Also, the shelf that Tim added on the right of the right post is not there yet.  I do miss that short brim stormy Kromer.  I think it shrunk in the wash and now would fit an infant. Yes folks, proof that you can have gourmet desserts even in a remote hunting cabin.    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
Oh,  and don't fall asleep during our evening discussions...    :biglaugh:    

Oh poor Kevin. Now that's just plain naughty Ron. The poor guy needs to join Tradgang and get on here and defend himself.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
  Wow Ron, I'm getting close to that weight in the picture. That's got to be a picture from 10 plus years ago. Note the wood post just above my right elbow is still there. That was removed during one of the first remodels. Also, the shelf that Tim added on the right of the right post is not there yet. I do miss that short brim stormy Kromer. I think it shrunk in the wash and now would fit an infant. Yes folks, proof that you can have gourmet desserts even in a remote hunting cabin  
I never noticed that other stuff, I just saw the pie in the makin's..    :p

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
I just got a call from our buddy Greg, who is already in camp. He said he had a nice 8pt within 40-45yds of him last evening. He said the buck made a turn away from him so he didn't get a shot. I forgot to ask if he had a grunt call...   :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:

Offline deerfly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2014, 01:46:00 PM »
enjoyed that.

Ron, always knew you could shoot a bow, had no idea you could sing too. Well done!  :)

best of luck up there this season to all you guys

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
Man you guys have it figured out, the best part of deer camp is just that, deer camp.  Making memories with good friends, and family, telling and re-telling of stories.  The hunting, the deer, and getting to watch the sunrise, and sunsets, and listening to the woods around you wake up and go to sleep is all iceing on the cake...or should that be sugar on the pie crust.  :)  

I am surprised to hear no cards in camp, I figured there would be storiesbeing told, or a healthy debate going on over a good game of euchre or cribbage.
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
 I am surprised to hear no cards in camp, I figured there would be storiesbeing told, or a healthy debate going on over a good game of euchre or cribbage.  
I got my fill of playing cards, working for GM for 30 years, every break and every lunch hour cards, cards, cards. I don't want to be reminded of those days ..   :banghead: ..  while im in   Paradise

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
No cards needed when you can have entertainment like dressing up Kevin's nose after he falls asleep.

Warning, if you sit next to that woodstove after a long day in the cold north woods on a full belly you WILL end up like Kevin.    :eek:

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
Ron, I know you and the boys will have a great time. Looking forward to the pictures and the stories that always come after Shrewhaven.   :)

Todd  :archer:
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
I understand that totally Ron, any time you can get away and leave the hustle and bustle behind and walk in paradise it's a great day!!  Looking forward to my time away.
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
A wake up and We're outta here...    :wavey:     :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2014, 06:19:00 AM »
Truck loaded.  A cup of coffee and I will be heading north   :bigsmyl:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2014, 06:21:00 AM »
Good luck everyone.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2014, 07:57:00 AM »
One last day in the office, a hunt with my daughter Morgan tonight and then off to camp bright and early tomorrow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©