3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Michigan Hunters  (Read 636 times)

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
Michigan Hunters
« on: October 30, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »
Are you seeing any buck sign in the woods? Very little where I've been scouting. Maybe the cold weather coming will turn them on. Thanks Guys
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline JMR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Michigan Hunters
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Not much where I'm hunting either. I've only seen 1 buck. Other people I talk to say they are starting to see them though.

Offline typical2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:10:00 PM »
Had a nice scrape pop up yesterday.  Small bucks are very curious about any other deer and checking them out.

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »
Been seeing more bucks then I have ever seen in northern Michigan and have had three legal bucks within 15 yards but only had head and neck, no chest for a shot. Been fun.  Lots of spikes and forks too, more bucks then I've ever seen up here and its all because of APR.  Could have killed a wide spike last night but not legal. Next year he will be a nice one.  APR is working.
lll

Offline stack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »
Saw 8 scrapes and quite a few rubs up at Rapid City area where we hunt last weekend but no deer. Heading back up next week hopefully the deer start moving where I can see them. I did see a real nice 6 pt when I was up scouting in sept.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
I found two nice rubs, but no scrapes so far. Guys that have trail cams out on the same land are seeing some nice bucks, but they're all nocturnal. I think we need some cooler weather and shorter days to get those hormones working, but I'm hesitant to wish for it after last year's bitterly cold winter.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline dennis502

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
We've seen a TON of new sign this past week in the NE lower peninsula. Scrapes have showed up in all of the traditional locations (and some new ones) and game cameras are showing regular usage by multiple bucks. I hunted Sunday evening and saw 2 different nice bucks (110+") and a handful of younger bucks starting to harass the does.

The cold weather forecast for this weekend should really kick things into high gear, at least in our neck of the woods.

Offline MIPredator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
Took a short walk last weekend after Sat morning hunt and found a couple small scrapes and rubs but that's it. Hoping this weekend with colder weather will help.  Deer herd in my area still trying to recover from EHD 2 years ago. Belding area.
50# Hunters Niche Predator Recurve

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
Been slow in my area too, one small scrape and only a couple rubs.  The guys who have vaction this from work say it's picking up, seeing small bucks starting to cruise looking for does, and responding to grunting and rattling
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline Chad Orde

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
I've been hunting Pentwater area and have seen small bucks moving and one nice buck was up on his feet over by Clair where I hunted last night. Lots of scrapes haven't seen any chasing yet. I'm off the whole next week good luck guys!
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/@Island_Drifter

https://www.instagram.com/island__drifter/

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Offline J.T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
hunted at the cabin last weekend (Houghton Lake/ Lake City area) No buck sign to be found even the communal scrapes that are in the same spot every year hadn't been opened yet.  At home is a different story (Oceana County Silver Lake Area) Scrapes and rubs have been active for a few weeks and sunday afternoon My 2 year old and I went to check my trail cam after we got home from the cabin and we got to watch three bucks chase a doe right in front of us two of the bucks were big mature deer the largest was a big ten and he ran the doe past us at ten yards.  Can't wait for the weekend things are really starting to heat up trail cam had multiple bucks working the scrapes it was on every day and I've seen bucks cruising every day this week going to and from work.  Good luck to everyone and be safe out there
70" [email protected] Northern Mist Classic
70" 73@32 Northern Mist Whitbeck

Michigan Longbow association

Offline Steven E Milbocker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 06:25:00 AM »
Slow in the Allegan area, haven't seen a buck yet.Had a couple of small does in the kill box but let em walk.

Online Warchild

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 07:36:00 AM »
Saw 4 bucks and 5 does on the 29th. One of the bucks responded to some light sparring with my rattling antlers. Another buck walked in stopped and made a scrape then spotted a doe and took off running after her. He chased her under my stand for about 15 minutes as it got dark. The third buck also chased a couple does out in front of me. I saw the 4th buck walking through the hardwoods at a distance of around 70 yards obviously cruising. Three of the 4 bucks passed directly under my stand and I could have shot and would have if they had been a little bigger/older. The 7 point was tempting but will be an awesome buck next year if he survives. Scrapes and rubs everywhere.............the rut is on in SOMI.

Offline Bob Foster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 08:42:00 AM »
Last Saturday morning at 8:20 A.M. I saw a buck cruise through about 50 or 60 yards out. I just got a glimpse of his antlers just know it was a buck.
I wanted to sit to at least noon but the weather was warm and the gnats were driving me crazy so I got down around 10:30 A.M.
I decided to check out one of my other stands about 200 yards away. I was taking my time walking and about half way there I heard a noise to my right and when I looked, here comes a small spike walking by me at 10 yards with his nose to the ground.
He kept walking, never knew I was there. I watched him go out of sight and continued to my stand.
I walked maybe another 50 yards then all of a sudden I heard a crash behind me and when I turned I saw another buck running away from me. It was a small buck, rack between his ears.
I did not see one doe all day. I hunted Sunday morning and did not see anything.

Offline Vesty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
I would say that from today,on, sign and movement should increase greatly. We are far enough into the season that most everything comes together. Moon phase, temperature, daylight and whatever else triggers the movement we wait patiently for, seems to kick into gear.

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
Snow and wind here today. No hunting until Sat evening. Thanks guys
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline abbatoys

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
I am finding new scrapes behind my house about every other day for the last week. Only seeing 2 small goofy spikes and a small 4 pt. Went up to my folks and found some nice fresh scrapes but didn't see much else activity. Spent most of my day posting my property yet again to try and keep the idiots next door from driving all over my property.
62" Thunderstick Moab  52lb @ 28"
60" Bear Takedown 45lb @ 28"
60" Bear 59'er 45lb @ 28"

Offline BJP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 01:56:00 PM »
Few scrapes have popped up in the last few days hopefully soon

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »
Heading to my place on Lake Bellaire this evening. The Silvertip curve is packed, warm clothes as well.

I will be on stand tomorrow morning!! Anxious to see what's happening.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
I have seen lots of buck sign, and I killed a two yr old 5 point on Friday.

Between me and my two sons, we have only seen 4 deer for the whole month of October.

Never seen so many people out bowhunting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©