3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Michigan Hunters  (Read 634 times)

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Michigan Hunters
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
Watched a decent 8 harass a few does in a cut cornfield two weeks ago, then hunted there last weekend and had a little 6 feed casually through without a thought of the ladies it seemed. Sparta area.

Heading to southern Oceana to my camp there, hopefully some action with the cold temps...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
20 minutes left at work. Buddy saw a small buck chasing any and all available does this morning. I need to get to the woods.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline tradgreenhorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
I had 4 deer come thru at 9:02 this morning,Then at 9:25 I had a big doe come in straight at me to within 6yds,she picked me out of my brush blind but was not sure what I was. she just stood there what seemed like for ever. then I caught movement to my left all I could  see was antlers less than eight feet. now I have a stand off between mr. and mrs. who is going to give me a shot. You got it luck was not on my side. In a flash they where gone, playing tag. At 10:00 I had two yearling come thru. left for the house at 10:30. to warm up.

Offline Chad Orde

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »
Seen a button, spike and a fork tonight headed back out in the morning.
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/@Island_Drifter

https://www.instagram.com/island__drifter/

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Offline typical2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2014, 08:14:00 PM »
Found this guy chasing 4 does at 4:30 Saturday.

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 05:20:00 AM »
Great buck. It's been awhile since I've seen one like that
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 06:24:00 AM »
I am not seeing much rut sign at all in northern Clare county.  The only scrapes open are the ones I made with Smokey's lures to see if I could get a reaction and try to keep them on my 100 acres.  I don't think that I have bee successful.  They are showing interest in the scrapes but nearly all my pictures are at night and hunting encounters are few and far between.  I keep a 40 acre sanctuary for them in the center of my place and diligently hunt the wind and use exterior access trails, but it is still slow.

D.P.

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »
Field report from Antrim Co. on Lake Bellaire. I hunted this past weekend, very little sign of rutting activity. Scrapes were far few with little to no chasing observed. Rut always seems to come the week of the gun opener there so I am heading back up to bowhunt next week before firearm season gets underway.

Saw fewer deer this trip, beginning to wonder the effects of the severe winter we had last year.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 10:47:00 PM »
I think last winter was a lot harder on the deer than many realize. I have seen less deer this year than ever before.  Between the ehd two years ago, and last years long harsh winter, the deer numbers sure seem to be down in my area.
Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline bogeyrider63

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by agross1:
I think last winter was a lot harder on the deer than many realize. I have seen less deer this year than ever before.  Between the ehd two years ago, and last years long harsh winter, the deer numbers sure seem to be down in my area.
^ same here. Not much deer activity so far. Numbers are still way down, don't see near the deer activity that there was a few years ago.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
I sure hope I estimated the peak rut dates correctly. I'll be hunting most all day from this Saturday thru Tuesday. Fun time of the year.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
Yesterday Nov 5th I noticed all the fawns were kicked by there mothers and they were wondering around by themselves.  I think this is a sign that the Does are getting ready to bred.  I have seen a couple young bucks chasing also.

Offline MIPredator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »
I had a little 4 point harassing a doe and fawn last Sat morning. Didn't see a single deer Sun evening but found a couple fresh stinky scrapes. EHD really knocked down the herd in my area in 2012 and last winter didn't help I'm sure. (Kent/Ionia county line)  Not near as many does as there used to be but another guy shot a 8 point on the property on Sat night and it was a 2.5 yr old. I have next week off so hoping the weather forecast improves and not as windy as they are predicting. Rut should be in full swing.
50# Hunters Niche Predator Recurve

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
Been seeing some chasing going on this week. Sat in the rain/snow/sleet for 4 hours this morning and I seen 4 bucks....all on does. The bad part was that 3 of the bucks I could have killed but they were a spike and 2-4pts and they got a pass and had a BIG 6pt come through on a doe but was about 35yds out. He's about 18" inside with lots of mass and 10"+ g2's   :eek:

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
Seen 2 does and one of the 4 pts this morning and that was it. Was a nice morning to sit.

Offline stack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
Any weather reports for the Traverse city area for this coming week. Any snow on the ground?

Offline FBB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »
We have ground cover in Traverse City right now but it'll be gone by tomorrow. Spent the weekend hunting Leelanau county and saw 4 different bucks and my brother had a nice 8 chase a doe by him. We didn't have any shot opportunities though. Going to try and get out as much as possible this week before the orange army screws the woods up.

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »
Saw a buck with 1/2 his rack broke off, saw him 3 days ago all in tact. I'd say lots of fighting going on. Saw a nervous doe last night.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline bisket

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »
Terry-

I got the same situation on my cam.  An 8 pt buck was busted off between 10/26-11/2.  Probably by the other bruiser that I got a picture of at 2am that I will never see.  Last friday a buck was chasing doe's all around me.  Never did get a look at him, he must have run the one he wanted the other way.
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
This year has sucked for me with respect to getting up to my place near Escanaba in da UP.  It just didn't happen.  I made it up for a few hours Sunday and did a few chores, including swapping out the cards on two trail cams I have out there.

One very interesting thing I see, is that I had almost all does working past the two cameras, with just a few buck visits. .  right up till mid October, when it all changed.  I counted at least eight different bucks (none really big, but eight of them) nosing around since then.

I also noted that the two largest of the bunch come around only after dark.  This is on a trail from the back of the property towards the neighbors, not over any bait.

I am not aware of any real pressure on these deer, nobody has permission to hunt there but my neighbor and his wife, and they have a bunch of their own property to hunt.

anyway, good luck, shoot straight.
CHuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©