3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It is so frustrating...  (Read 539 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
It is so frustrating...
« on: November 01, 2014, 06:39:00 PM »
When you see deer all early season, and now that the woods should be crazy with activity, I see NOTHING!!! I have been sitting dark to dark, several different places, and every where I go, nothing.
Some other fellas I know are saying the same. All I have see lately is this Porcupine, and a Bear in a treat that thinks he is a Circus Bear.

Bear in middle of screen.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: It is so frustrating...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:57:00 PM »
I hear ya Jerry!!!!! I'm so stumped right now, I don't know what's going on!!!  :confused:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline freedomhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
Come to Florida, I have yet to see any deer and we are just now finally getting some cold weather.  The only thing I have going is the fishing in Mosquito Lagoon and flounder migration should start soon.  I really am half tempted to get the fishing gear for my bow instead of using a gig, just so I can say I killed something with it.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:14 KJV

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
Weren't there a few tribes who considered porcupine a delicacy?   LOL.  Would be interesting cleaning it.  The bear sounds like a hoot.   I've been out 3 times so far this season and I have seen a bunch of deer already, but no genuine shot opportunities.  Just keep at it.  I'm headed out tomorrow, we just had a cold front roll through, our first decent one of the year and I'm stoked!  Fingers crossed.  Just keep at it.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 07:59:00 PM »
Pretty slow around here, too. I am confident that it is going to improve soon though.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
I'm hearing the same here. I've been out a couple of times and nothing doing at all. I'll be out a couple of days this week and next, hopefully things get going

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
Been seeing deer in the morning not in the afternoon.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 08:22:00 PM »
Early or late.....don't matter.....just not seeing anything........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
Very windy in Central Pa here today. Mostly out of the north. Had a very dark small rack buck come in behind me at 12 yards,looked like he was hunting for does. Then had another six point play the stare down game with me on the way out this evening. It was a good night.

Good Hunting,
                                                                         Craig

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
Same here. Our Area is dead. No sign. No deer my poor dad has been off most all season and has seen 1 deer. It's like they all have relocated.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 06:26:00 AM »
Slow here,lots of acorns with plenty of water.No need to move around much.Think that will change in a week or two.Of course the slobhunter camping on the main trail 20 yards from my property line is not helping either.The idiot has no idea what wind direction is.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 07:53:00 AM »
In central Indiana, I have been seeing deer, but I have not had a shot s yet.  Not seeing a lot, but at least a few.  Only a few small scrapes, but a couple of good rubs in my area.

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
Friday and Saturday dark to dark NOTHING!

Offline Dale in Pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
Don't feel bad Jerry, I've had I think 32 or 33 times on stand so far this year. Was lucky to shoot two does in the early season in 5C but nothing much happening lately.

At one point I went 6 days without even seeing a deer.The last week has been a little better (saw 2 bucks) but still I only saw 6 deer all week.

Lets hope they start moving soon.

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »
seems like theres been a heck of a lull everywhere...
is it September yet??

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »
Slow over this way also seeing a few deer, scrub bucks but nothing to write home about. Vacation the next 2 weeks things should pick up.

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
Last winter was bad, some of these states seem to really be milking this for the tag sales and many of us don't have a quality place to hunt in the first place.

I have two more sub-backup plans in mind to try to make deer hunting worthwhile. If neither of them work and I can't think of anything else, I'm going to give it up and stop paying the state for tags that are useless.

Both plans depend on improving the money situation which has been in the toilet for the last couple of years.

The first is to just hunt the National Forest 3 1/2 hours away. I'll need a different vehicle (no problem if I have money) and I'll have to put some miles on it to scout and hunt. Deer aren't easy to find there but I can do it if I can spend enough time at it. It would mean a bunch of short trips...drive down Friday night after work, hunt or scout for a day and a half and drive back.

The second is to simply buy a place that I can hunt on. Obviously that takes more money but might be the best option if I can live on the place or buy something close to where I do live.

All I know is that, as it stands now, deer season is just a depressing joke.

Offline Bighornangler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »
I have been out 20-25 times here and NY state and have only seen one small doe. Very little sign. If it weren't for a couple of trail cameras I have out, I'd swear there weren't any deer. My camera photos show about 98% night activity. The day time photos were in late September and early October. Hopefully things will change soon. By the way, as for the 98% night activity, it doesn't make any sense as hunting activity is at a all time low in my area.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Shot a porky years ago.  Skinned it and cooked a piece, tasted and smelled like turpentine!

We hunted hard dawn to dusk during our cow season, saw nothing,  well we did see a plethora of road hunters driving up evry canyon.  If you need a pair of used hunting boots, like new, I can point you to the road hunter's camp.  They could actually "hunt" in PJ's and slippers,  like going to walmart
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »
My sightings have been picking up - but no evidence of chasing yet.  Can only get better from here!
>>>--------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©