3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Think I blew it tonight.  (Read 508 times)

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Think I blew it tonight.
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »
That buck is fine. I hit one like that last year and saw him twice after that day and he was chasing does the whole time. Just saw him this year about two weeks ago on my trail cam.

If you had hit that artery that runs below the spine he would have bled out in 60 yards.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline bowless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »
I agree totally, a little lower hit and you'd have hit the main artery and he'd be down within a minute, if not on the spot.  Been there, done that, but with a doe.
IMHO, no tag filled because that buck is chasing does right now.
Isaiah 53:5  and with his stripes we are healed.

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »
Just so we have closure. My buddy sat the same stand this morning and got in a little late. Not 15 minutes after settling in the deer I shot came walking through. Says he has a nice little scar right at the top of his back. Glad I didn't make the old boy suffer and happy for my friend.

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
Glad it all worked out brother...sure makes u feel better knowing he made it. Let ur buddy know that's a fine deer and congrats!!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline koops4

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Congrats to your buddy. IMO, you did not put the deer down so your tag was never filled.  Get back out there when you can.  Congrats to you and your wife on the new addition to your family.
Paul

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »
Nice! Thanks for letting us know!

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 02:10:00 PM »
Ha brad, I'm glad your buddy got your buck I wish you would have got him at least you got some closer

Offline Bob Stager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
Congratulations to your buddy on a great buck. Sorry it didn't work out for you but at least you know what happened to the buck. It will save you a lot of thoughts about what happened to him in the off season. Bob

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »
Bittersweet bummer.

Glad you have closure.  

Congrats on the new addition to the family. Hope you get back out soon. Good Luck!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by South MS Bowhunter:

Upon investigating the area I found found white belly hair and stomach materials.

I backed out for 3 hours and upon returning prepared for a long night of tracking I set out to look for a gut shot deer that I originally would have said was hit in the ham.

After 50 yards of nothing but Gut materials and no blood I find a pile of intestines, large and small and the colon all piled together     :dunno:  

From there I begin to fine small droplets of blood for the next 61 yards and a dead deer that stiff as a board from being dead for 3 hours.

I had this happen once. it was the craziest thing I ever saw. with the one I hit, I think as she ran, her hooves got caught up and she disemboweled herself. when I found her, she was gutted already, just as pretty as you please. it was unreal!
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Offline Kopper1013

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
Well I sure hope it works out for you, I'm sure it will be a sleepless night. Strange things can happen so don't give up hope. Good luck, we will be waiting to here the out come.
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »
Nice looking old buck. Congrats to your buddy and now you can get back out there to find another. Congrats on the new addition to the family.
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
Wow Brad, what a beautiful buck. Wish you'd have got him but at least it was a friend and he isn't suffering. Best of luck for the rest of the season. Ill be sending your pack out after I give it a hunt this week. Thanks again and happy holidays, Izzy

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
Thanks. No hurry at all, not much use for it around the house here watching babies!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Enjoy those babies Brad, the one in the pic is now 6' 170#s. I can barely recall when he was the size he was in the pic.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©