3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Finally found some deer.  (Read 276 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Finally found some deer.
« on: November 03, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »
I couldn't get into the woods until 9:30 today, and had to be out by 2:30, so I used the day to hike around looking for deer and sign. Well, I hiked! Across the mountains.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finally found some deer.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
I hiked around beaver swamps.

More mountains.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
I gazed from the summit.

I moved through the woods.

After it was all done, I had seen 11 Does. The very windy conditions on the mountain allowed me to stalk for some shots. I failed miserably. I took a few long shots. With the winds gusting up the mountain, my arrows were blown of course for clean misses. Or, maybe I just shot like crap today.

Well, it's a big woods on the mountain, and I have a long hike to get where the deer are. Good thing I'm on vacation.    ;)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »
Looks like a great day......you saw 11 deer, that's seasons worth in my neck of the woods, some years 2 seasons.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
Glad your seeing and finding those deer .  It's been reel slow up at the gap and wallpac vally  . Starting to look up in the trees for them. !   Hopefully things will pickup.  Good luck.
Dan Breen

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©