3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ideas for tree stand hunting  (Read 276 times)

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ideas for tree stand hunting
« on: September 29, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
I was in my stand last night and wondering how can I move with a 64 inch recurve. Do alot of you pretty much shoot in front of you or do you fellas have any ideas about gaining more mobility when in the stand.
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ideas for tree stand hunting
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »
I'm the worst for gadgets but what I do is have it on my RIGHT side hanging from a folding bow arm. So all I have to do is reach & stand in one slow motion. It works for me.

CLICK HERE

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
I'm staying on the ground more this year so far. When in a tree stand I cannot shoot to the back side of the tree (I'm right handed) to the left as I'm facing the tree. I can shoot part way behind the tree from the right side as I face the tree.
If I see the deer comming in at a distance and it is moving, I;ll usually stand grab my bow if hanging and position my feet for the expected shot.
If the deer gets in and as usuall doesn't co-operate then I shift my feet as needed very slowly everytime the deer gives me a chance.

Since I can't shoot behind the tree on the left side I try to position my stand so that area is down wind and I won't expect much to come from that direction.
Ron
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline rascal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
I guess I havent really had issues with mobility/movement in a tree stand.  I dont use small stands, I used to build my own hang on stands and later ladder stands with large platforms.  That helped a lot with comfortable movement as well as good back ground cover.  You have to pay attention to what you and your stand are going to look like from a deers perspective, too many stands get hung in the wrong place due to the ease of hanging them not the advantage the location offers in terms of cover.  Also keeping your stand quiet is as important as keeping your bow quiet, probably even more important really.

Practice from your stand and make sure it all comes together before the season and let the deer tell you when its OK to move and you shouldnt have much in the way of problems.
Hunt fair, hunt hard, no regrets.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©