3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Waldrop Pacseat  (Read 733 times)

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Waldrop Pacseat
« on: November 05, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
Got mine yesterday so not been in the woods yet. Rode the fence along time about getting one though I heard such great things about them, they are a lot of money 160$ I value my money - not rich at all - BUT this was a solid investment for me as a person who likes to hunt!
I looked at 360s and huntmores and they are awesome comfortable!; but for my style of hunting they just did not fit the bill. In my mind and humble opinion they are suited more to stationary day after day hunts. I move new places, walk a lot, never in a blind (manufactured). The pacseat is just as comfy if not more, it allows me to strap my little rucksack to it and the whole package weighs next to nothing.

For what it is worth -

Hopefully post some hunting pics Friday and Saturday and hopefully with a bloody arrow!

Hope all yalls seasons have been going well!
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Waldrop Pacseat
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 11:20:00 AM »
I've been wanting one for awhile now. Just haven't broke down and ordered it yet.
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  
Just shot my first deer off the ground with my Waldrop last week!!!!

Always been a treestand guy ( 23feetupandhappy ) but have been drawn to hunting off the ground much like I was drawn to traditional archery  :archer:  

Love my treestands but am opening my eyes to all the ground hunting opportunity's that Im missing out on   :eek:   :archer2:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »
Your going to like it.......   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
Shot deer out of mine, read books, napped and sat and watched the day go by. It's the best of the best.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
Quite fond of mine...
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Centex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
Best seat on the market!  Carries gear, quiver and pop up during turkey season.
Howard Hill Halfbreed "Sol" 68" 50@29
Hoyt Buffalo 62" 45@28"

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
Have been using the Waldrop Pac seat for 3 year. Very comfortable. Great for the hunter on the move. With that said, I also own the Huntmore 360. If I'm heading to an established ground blind, and not hiking and looking, I'll use the Huntmore. They both have their place.Neither are cheap, but no more expensive than buying a first class climber and a lot safer to boot.Just for your info, I primarily hunt public land well off the beaten path. Good luck and "Keep'Um Sharp".   :campfire:

Offline rooster77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »
Great Seat!!
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us.  "Lonesome Dove"

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »
Mr. Bill, I was/am speaking totally from no actual experience with any of the "high end" hunting seat but got to mess with them and kinda figured each had a specific (kinda) use. But after a lot of hashing it out I went with the pac - as it just seemed to be the most "mobile" seat of the bunch.

23 -- I am jealous -- good hunting! Need some wood time therapy away from work!
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
99 % of the time my butt is on my Waldrop, the other 1% it is on my NIFF-T seat, and that is when I am set up on an incline or decline.

Waldrops are top shelf....when your done trying the rest, buy a Waldrop and you'll have the best!

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »
I have the home made version of the waldrop crafted by Squirrelbait before the waldrop was on the market. No doubt, it's a great hunting chair. I've used it a lot.

I also own a Nifty Seat, Hammock Seat, Rackpack, and Double Bull Blind chair. They're all good and have their place. The Rackpack is great when I use my Double Bull Blind. The Nifty Seat is great for still hunting. The Hammock Seat is cool for longer sits with hardly any weight at all.

This season, on a few comments made by people like Charlie Lamb, I purchase a Millennium G300 which attaches to a tree. It weighs less than four pounds and is without a doubt the most comfortable hunting seat I've ever tried. I liked it so much that I ordered the G100 which has the adjustable legs and also swivels 360 degrees. It just arrived yesterday evening and I've only sat in it in the house. It folds down for easy transport and weighs 7#s.

If you're looking for comfort, 360 degrees swivel, and light weight, then the G100 is a good as it gets. It has very fast setup with no knobs or screws to contend with.

I also hunt with flintlock rifles, so the shooting stick attachment is the next thing I'll order.

N/A

Offline guspup

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
Waiting for mine to be delivered any day now. Can't wait!!  :-)

Online D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Does he have a website?
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©