3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: any word on Doc Nock  (Read 730 times)

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: any word on Doc Nock
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 12:11:00 AM »
All the best to you Dave!!!

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »
East TN put you in Olde Fartes territory--great folks--they like to have fun!  

You are still well within range of Twin Oaks, especially for the TN Classic and IBO Trad Worlds.

Dunno about Dollywood...I try to avoid those places, although Nashville ain't too bad for a big city.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
Hey, LBR, I "resemble" that comment!    :rolleyes:   (old fartes)

Twin Oaks is the other end of KY...about by Land Between Lakes... that's a pretty good hoof on SS...but one never knows.

Haven't found any contacts for bow hunting hereabouts yet... but trying.

As for Nashville, one local boy told me Knoxville was a small city, and when driving around it on my "tour" searching for a home in Sept, I went by on 270 around the North side on a Friday with 2000 of my closest new friends! Small? Felt like Baltimore on 695 on a Friday!!   :eek:

I quit before I hit Nashville...got off around Lebanon and went NORTH to visit a chap from MD who moved to Hartsville, TN...  Gets HOT there!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2014, 12:24:00 PM »
I hear ya.  The full name used to be (may still be?) "Ye Olde Fartes and Sore Loosers Club".  The name is misleading--that is one more fun club!

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
Good to hear you're settled.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »
hey Doc if ya get to cold ya can always have some kentucky- tennessee moonshine that will warm ya up   :biglaugh:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Great to see ya back David
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
Hey Doc. I've been aiming to try to get back up with to see if you got settled in. The offer still stands, if you want to make the drive to Cookeville I'd be glad to put you on one of my leases for a couple days. I have one in Smith county that's 3 does a day all through rifle season. Maybe we could put you on some to fill some tags. You would have to buy a license. I'd be glad to let you stay here at the house if you like. It ain't no fancy accommodations and I can't promise you any big bucks.

I bowhunted really hard this time but everything seemed to stay just out of range. I did see two damn nice bucks on the property where I would put you. It's muzzleloader season now and I've taken advantage of that to put some meat in the freezer. Rifle will open this weekend and the rut is full on right now. Once the rut subsides I plan to finish the season bow hunting.

With the holidays approaching it may be difficult for us to get together and find a mutual free weekend. But maybe we can work something out if you are interested. If not...there's always bowfishing in the spring!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »
Branadon,

I can't seem to get a good solid fix on residency issues and with all the other stuff hanging fire, I've not pushed it.

I surely will have licenses figured out by spring and bowfishing would intriguing me immensely.  I have bare bones stuff...old bear with a bear reel on it, but would love to give it a whirl...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »
Dave,

Good to hear you're settling in now, also you might be interested in the "Spring Fling" at Tannehill State park in McCalla, AL.  

It is in February and then in June they have the "Howard Hill Southeastern Classic" a very fun time with large crowds and quite the vendors.

Me and a couple friends usually try and make one if not both of these shoots, lots of fun.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
Hey Doc, over here snoopin this eve. R2    :)  
 Not for long though, gittin up way early. Gonna be warmer, 10* so I'll get these old bones frosted.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »
Maybe we can work something out come spring. Bowfishing is my favorite thing in the world to do with a bow in hand. I was hunting today in the cold and found myself daydreaming of warmer weather and big ol carp and buffalo by the bank of the lake.

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 05:33:00 AM »
wow., does this mean we will no longer see you at Baltimore?? standing stone?shade Mountain?Denton hill? Sawmill? Monkey Ball and I are used to running into you at a fair number of shoots..although we have not seen near as much you the last 2 years....?? Always hate to lose a local shooter...!!  Hopefully you get some more time to shoot now that you are in Tennessee.....!!! sounds like the Tennessee classic has just gained a new shooter?????  Stay well........ Jackdaw
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
John, That is a grand idea, but right now, I can't see the forest for the trees and am a bit overwhelmed with adjustments... Depends on finances and such... but it sounds lovely.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Brandon,

I would love that.  I put that old rig together and then all the places we used to walk the banks of a big slow creek, were now posted up in PA in my county...so never got to go bowfishing... but it'd be a hoot to meet and do some if you're serious!

Mr. Getz,

Yeah, that is likely what it means. 10 hr drive back North might be a deterrent.  I'll have a running ton of stuff to do here once the weather breaks... I'm all jacked up (no pun intended) to put in a garden now that I have room; lots of country to learn for next fall and people to meet! Worst part is that after driving 10 hrs, I'd have to come BACK 10 hrs!    :eek:  

After several such drives since Sept, I'm not relishing that too much... and I sold my camper... these old bones don't much cotton to cots anymore!    :jumper:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 06:02:00 PM »
Yeah, Doc, I'm 100% serious. I'm blessed to live about 10 mins from Cordell Hull and about 15 mins from Center Hill. I know I can put us on fish and keep us busy shooting all day between various spots. It depends in the weather as to when things will be just right for bowfishing...catch one of those magical days when they all seem to be spawning at once and it's like shooting fish in a barrel. But almost anytime in May is usually a blast pending weather and water clarity.

I do most all of my fishing from the bank as I HATE water lol. But there are times that a pair of hip waders really come in handy. And I do have a little flat bottom boat you are welcome to use. My wife used it some last year but I won't get in it...hydrophobia.

We would be proud to have you. My wife is my bowfishing partner and our little girl usually tags along but she's not big enough to shoot yet. Bring your family with you too. Bowfishing is a family sport for us.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »
Got your email and contact stuff, Brandon.

Thank you. Replied to email for whenever you get to checking that.

Those small flat bottoms with narrow beam and "flip city".  Lost a couple friends in them who dumped them...so your angst isn't unfounded.  I got waders... :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©