3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Liberty Bow Review & Test Drive Opportunity for ALL  (Read 8322 times)

Offline Allen Boice

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Liberty Bow Review & Test Drive Opportunity for ALL
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2015, 10:50:00 PM »
Thanks for the review Bluegoose.  I also prefer a slightly deeper grip on my personal English, but for the pass around bow went slightly smaller for a more of the middle of the road application for a variety of glove sizes.

Offline SactoBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
Trying to reach DanielB89.

Bow is ready to go to the next person on the list.

Bill

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by KYArcher:
Tajue17  
I think I'm coming up the 2nd week of July, how I figure though you will be getting it the week your getting back, if you want we can swap if it helps?

Or PM those three guys before you and maybe get it sooner..

Yes I would swap spots with ya. I will be returning home about the second week of July. [/b]
didn't see our names switched in the list yet but assuming KYarcher has already left for his trip if nobody hears from KYArcher after DanielB89's week then skip him and contact me because we switched weeks because of his Bike trip in quote above, then I will ship to him.
"Us vs Them"

Offline SactoBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
Bigthank you to Allen for this opportunity.   This is an incredible bow!

I've had several top name longbow and this one is definitely one I would get.

The bow was super smooth and felt shorter than 68 inches.

If I didn't have funds committed to other toys I would be on the phone placing my deposit.

Daniel, bow is on its way to LA.

Thanks.

Bill

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2015, 01:23:00 AM »
so exactly who should i be looking to send the bow to?  

I have been trying to get in contact with KYarcher about one of his bows for a few weeks now and noticed he never read the pm so him being out of town makes perfect sense! lol.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2015, 01:26:00 AM »
I know there was some shuffling in the order. Let me try and figure it out. I'll try and get an updated list posted tonight. Maybe DRY CREEK can get his chance at it while TAJUE17 and KENTUCKY ARCHER are on their trips. I'll send DRY CREEK a PM and ask if he has time to shoot it. I'll post an update as soon as i hear back from him.

Here's the current list order (I think)...

STUMP BUSTER  
TRADCAT  
PHEONIXARCHER  
HERMON  
TRAXX  
SACRED MT
DREWSBOW
NALA
FLETCHER
SILENT SNIPER
BIG ED
MUD_SLIDE_SLIM

DRY CREEK (Passed)  
LONGBOW1953
BLUEGOOSE
SACTOBOWMAN
DANIELB89

TAJUE17
KYARCHER
MARK WILLOUGHBY
AKDAN
In the wind, he's still alive...

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2015, 12:06:00 AM »
Okay Guys, I just heard from DRY CREEK, He's going to pass, so here are the options...

DANIELB89, you can hold onto the bow until you hear from TAJUE17 so it stays in the order of the list.

OR

If you're not comfortable with that, you can contact MARK WILLOUGHBY and see if he's ready to give it a try and he can sent it back up the list to TAJUE17.

Just let me know which way you want to proceed and I'll try and keep the list updated.

Thanks for keeping the bow moving and reporting your experiences back guys!!!

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2015, 04:16:00 PM »
I'm here,,, if you want send it to me if Dry Creek is not ready then I can send it to dry creek or KY Archer from here...

KyArcher was going on the trip and I believe he wasn't back until the 2nd week of July so we might need to bump someone in before he gets it so the times will work out otherwise someone will have it two weeks.

PM me if I'm next, I can wait though I know I'l have it in decent weather so that's all I care about.
"Us vs Them"

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2015, 01:00:00 AM »
I received the bow a couple days ago. Sadly with my schedule I haven't had any time to shoot it.  It will be getting shot very soon though, hopefully tomorrow evening between church and an all star game.

I am fine with sending it to whom ever, you just tell me who.

I might have missed it and to make sure, I know we ship priority insired, but what amount of insurance?
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2015, 03:26:00 AM »
Hey Daniel,

Go ahead and send it to Tajue next. As for the insurance, get ahold of Allen and see what he recommends/suggests.

Have a good day and enjoy it when you can.

Stump

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2015, 03:26:00 AM »
Oops, Double Tap.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2015, 08:08:00 AM »
I'll PM Daniel my address just in case he can't get me in time.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Allen Boice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
Daniel:

Don't get too rushed, take your time and enjoy the bow. Insure it for $500.00.

I send out a scripture of the week (seed planting) to some family and friends and was pondering about what would be appropriate this week. With everything that has been happening Proverbs 16.25 will be perfect, thanks.

Allen

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »
got a surprise today when I got home,,,,  of course I took it out of the tube and immediately grabbed some arrows and got in a  few quick shots,, the bow is pretty impressive.  I owned more than a few ELB's by Welshman and St Charles but never shot a laminated version.

it was very comfortable and was stable for me,, first 5 arrows where right in 6" circle and I never even shot it before so I was impressed it pointed great for me.

I'm taking it to the 3D tomorrow and will also hit my clubs woods course for some stumping.  the arrow this bow likes for me is a 28" elite 5/16 48/49/50lb spines and 125gr points,, they fly perfect and sizzle right in perfect.

I'll be back by the end of the week with more info on how it went for me..
"Us vs Them"

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2015, 07:30:00 PM »
well first I apologize for now pics, my lumix camera died and I have the work phone but its to risky snapping pics and doing the transfer thing with my job.

but the bow is great I spent some time shooting the bales and stumps then this morning I hit the local 3D and I'm very impressed with this bow,  I never messed with the brace and just shot it like it is and I ended up using heritage 90's with 250gr points and they where fine.  the grip would need to be a little longer for me personally but the length and draw curve, stability all for me was perfect.   no shock just the normal feeling that's there upon release.  the finish was great I would be happy if this was my bow.
I really hope others consider this bow especially if they are looking not only into a ELB but a ASL style too I mean its right there with them all.

I have it all tubed up and ready to go to the next lucky person,, KY archer should be back by now I think but I will PM him anyway and see..  if he's still away maybe one of the next two behind him will want it a week early and they can send it to him when he's back from his 3 week trip.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2015, 09:27:00 PM »
bow is now on its way to KY Archer in Kentucky.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »
The bow made it to Kentucky, so here's the current list order...

STUMP BUSTER  
TRADCAT  
PHEONIXARCHER  
HERMON  
TRAXX  
SACRED MT
DREWSBOW
NALA
FLETCHER
SILENT SNIPER
BIG ED
MUD_SLIDE_SLIM

DRY CREEK (Passed)  
LONGBOW1953
BLUEGOOSE
SACTOBOWMAN
DANIELB89  
TAJUE17
KYARCHER

MARK WILLOUGHBY
AKDAN

Thanks for keeping me posted with updates on the bow's location guys and enjoy the bow!

Stump

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »
I am not much of a writer, nor do I word things very well, but I will tell you fellas that this bow exceeded every preconceived expectation I had about it.  

I have always shot "pistol grips" a lot better than a straight grip.  To be honest, I hate them! haha.  I can't stand not having something to "locate" my grip with, I can't stand the arm slap that comes along with it and worst of all, LACK OF PERFORMANCE!  I know some of you guys love them and have bitten by the "Hill bug", but I have managed to avoid it!  :)

Now before someone says, "Well you've never shot a quality hill style bow", I have shot SEVERAL different bows, Howard Hills, tolke's, great northerns, etc. and it just was not my cup of tea.  I know each one of them shoot great to hill shooters, but I could not be real consistent with them, I don't like how they always pop my arm, but I do love how quiet and dead in the hand they are.

Allen's bow was different to me though.  When i first took it out of the box, I immediately thought my experience with it would be less than desirable.  The grip was as flat as ever, smaller than usual and the limbs were straight.  Those 3 to me usually mean "watch out arm"(lol).  I strung her up, got her right in the middle of the recommended BH and took her out for her first shot.  

With the bow being #48@28, I grabbed my arrows tuned for my longbow that is #51@28, but is a r/d longbow that is my absolute baby!  If you see me on a 3d course, I will have that jewel in my hand.  I picked a decent distance, around 15 yards, for my first shot.  Picked a spot, drew back, released, and then thought, WOW!  NO WRIST SLAP!!!  NO HAND SHOCK!!! AND, MORE IMPORTANTLY, THE ARROW WAS IN THE 1" CIRCLE I WAS AIMING AT.  I thought it was a fluke, so i went and grabbed the arrow to repeat, same result.  I was amazed with the bow.  I shot it for a few days, took her to the back water to go shoot some gar, but the water just wasn't right.  

I shot the bow a couple hundred times and liked it enough that I added the bow to "want to get" list.  I shoot a lot of competitions and need a good hill style bow to shoot in the traditional longbow style tournaments, and i believe this is the one for me.  I will own one of these before next tournament season.

Thank you for the opportunity to shoot this bow, Allen.  

For what it's worth, I don't throw out the "no hand shock" on many bows.  I honestly have not shot a bow with as little of handshock as a hill style bow.  

I am sure there are other hill styles out there that I would have the same results with, but they have not made their way into my hand.. yet.

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »
Sending Mark Willoughby a PM for his address so I can get this Wonderful Bow on its way to him....KY   :archer:

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
Well AKDAN looks like you are up, Mark said he would love to give it a try but just too busy right now. AKDAN I will PM you for your address...KY   :archer:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©