3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Liberty Bow Review & Test Drive Opportunity for ALL  (Read 8336 times)

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Liberty Bow Review & Test Drive Opportunity for ALL
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 04:28:00 AM »
I have a couple quick questions. Who has the bow before me? Should I expect an email with request for my address, or a pm here on Tradgang? Also, how am I to get my feedback to Allen, just post here, or call or email him? If it's the latter, where do I get his contact info? Thanks!
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
Pheonixarcher,

The member who is getting the bow next will contact you by PM or E-mail when he's finished testing the bow (maybe both). If you wouldn't mind posting your impressions on the bow here, I'm sure a bunch of us would like to hear them, but if you'd rather just contact Allen, you can call him at 541-698-7783. When you're finished trying the bow out, just hop on here and contact the next person who posted that they'd like to try it out after your first post.

Hope that helps clarify the process a bit. If you have any more questions at all, feel free to post them here or contact me and I'll be happy to help.

Nala...Yep it's the #46'er and you're on the list!   :thumbsup:  

Mike
In the wind, he's still alive...

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 06:15:00 PM »
love to try new bows
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
ttt
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »
Quick Update:

The bow was MIA since it was shipped off to Florida on the 10th. It finally made it today, over a week late but safe and sound, so keep an eye out for another review in the next couple of weeks. Pheonix...you get it next with hopefully a LOT less stress on the shipper.

I don't drink, but this worry about a possible lost bow made me consider cracking open a bottle. Now I can relax this week and give Thanks AGAIN to Allen for the opportunity to try out and share this bow with other members.

All the Best,

Mike

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »
Here's the narrative from Tradcat's review of the English prototype (Cut and pasted from his post with his permission)...

" Hey everyone....This is a continuation of the thread that my buddy Stump Buster started. I'm the second person to review the Prototype English Longbow by Mr. Allen Boice of Liberty Bows. First of all, I want to say thank you to Allen for his willingness to let his potential customers "test drive" this awesome bow in exchange for some feedback in the "comment box". This bow was 68" and 46 lbs at 28". I have a shorter draw length, and during this demo, was shooting at around 42 lbs. The bow was extremely smooooth, due to the beautiful tonkin cane boo limbs. Absolutely ZERO hand shock ! The riser was a darker piece of myrtle that was gorgeous and complimented the lighter boo limbs. I'm not a big fan of straight grips but this one was without a doubt the best one I've ever experienced. The long fade outs in the riser made this bow extremely stable and a joy to shoot. I would highly recommend this bow to anyone as it performs exceptionally well. I will be sending the bow to another tradgang member for stop #3 this week... Stay tuned for the continued review of this fantastic prototype bow."  

Pheonixarcher, I believe Tradcat has already contacted you and the bow is probably en-route (hopefully it arrives waaaay faster than it made it to him).

Thanks for the review Tradcat and I look forward to hearing your impressions Pheonixarcher!

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »
I'd like to try this bow too Please.  After the first of the year would be best; I'll be shooting leagues.  Thanks for the opportunity.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline silent sniper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
Im always open to trying a bow out. If there is room on the list I will give it a go.

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
Allen, is a great guy and makes a very nice longbow. Very nice review.

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
As I was on my way out the door for work today, the mail man pulled in. I didn't have much time, but I opened it up to have a peek. It arrived safe and sound, and she is pretty. Hopefully I'll get some time with her in the next few days.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
I would love to try it out also. If it is ok to handle my 31" draw. Love to try new bows and will give an honest review.
Thank you for the opportunity,
Big Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Allen Boice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
Ed:

You're on the list, but it might be awhile.  This bow will be fine for your draw length, it should come in at around 53-54# at 31".

Allen

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »
I received word that this bow will be headed my way soon.  Look forward to trying it out.  Come on Postman!

Offline Mud_Slide_Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »
Even if it takes a while, I would love to try this bow if there is an availability.  Thank you Allen for your generosity.

Bill-
Luke 10:18-20
>>>---------->

Offline Dry Creek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 09:55:00 PM »
If you are still adding names to the list.
 "I'd like to try this bow too Please."

Thanks
58" Bear Super Grizzly  45@28
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw 45@30

Offline Allen Boice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »
We'll get it to you guys asap. As soon as Hermon gets done with his test drive he'll send it on to the next Trad-Ganger.

Allen

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2014, 10:43:00 PM »
Hey Allen,

This thing is building steam!!! At this rate, you probably won't see the proto again until 2023.

;)

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 04:42:00 AM »
First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone. And secondly, I must apologize for not being a very good participant on this thread.

I shipped the bow to Glenn last week, and it should have been there Monday or Tuesday. I'm a little supprised that he hasn't checked in lately. Hopefully, it's not lost in transit again.

:help:  

I must admit, that I am not the best person to review this bow, as I have very little experience with Hill style or ASL longbows. Perhaps that's the biggest reason for my procrastination. But, I'll do my best to convey the shooting experience with my limited knowledge and comparison.

The bow is very beautiful, with elegant lines. The subtle curves of the very mild d/r string up nicely to that traditional D shape that we all know and love. The limbs were surprisingly narrow, and drew back smoothly. I didn't feel any tight spots on the way back to my 27" draw. Normally, I draw right about 28", but I found myself instinctively putting a little more heel into the bow, and slightly bending my elbow. I normally shoot hybrid longbows, so this came as a bit of a supprise to me. After only a few shots with this bow, I learned quickly how it wanted to be held.

The bow is very stable, and accurate shooting was easily attainable, even for someone such as myself with little experience shooting these type of bows. The size of the grip, fills the hand nicely.  But I must say, I'm not a fan of a perfectly straight grip, like this bow has. I think if it had a dished or locator grip, that I would have seen even better consistancy.

The bow, as expected, was very quiet, and most definitely had considerably less hand shock than other bows that I've shot in this category. I attribute this to the centrally located riser, sandwiched within the lams, and the slight amount of d/r. After shooting this bow, it has renewed my interest in Hill/ASL style longbows.

In short, I was very pleased with this bow. I found the cast to be better than expected. It was quiet. And smooth, comparitvely speaking. It has a beauty that only this type of bow can exhibit. It easily put the arrows where I wanted, and it was fun to shoot! Thank you Allen for this great opportunity. I relally appreciate all the bowyer's who enable us bow-a-holics. Lol. Thanks again, and have fun to all who get to shoot this great bow.

Offline Longbow1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 07:22:00 AM »
love to try it.   :archer2:
I've heard it said that Christianity is a crutch.  To me, it's a walking stick to use on the path of life.

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
Don't know that it is lost, but it went to Wichita, Kansas according to the tracking.  Packages that I have tracked before don't normally go there.  Probably due to all the holiday packages I'm hoping.  Will check in when it arrives.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©