3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Liberty Bow Review & Test Drive Opportunity for ALL  (Read 8333 times)

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Liberty Bow Review & Test Drive Opportunity for ALL
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »
The mailman tried to deliver while we were at a family Christmas gathering yesterday.  Will go pick it up Monday.  Will post more in a couple days.

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
Picked up the bow at the post office over my lunch hour today.  Even had time to shoot it a dozen times or so.  I like it so far. Will give more feedback in a couple days.

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 08:09:00 PM »
Well, came home grabbed some 1535's and went to the basement to shoot the Liberty English some........

This thing can shoot!

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »
"Us vs Them"

Offline dhermon85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
I guess you shot it ok!

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2014, 12:52:00 AM »
Great shooting Glenn! I see it's pretty easy to get along with for you too.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »
Ok, I have had a week to enjoy the Liberty English longbow.  This is the second bow made by Allen that I have had the pleasure of test driving.  Both bows showed great craftsmanship.  There is nothing that I could add to this point that hasn't already been stated by Michael.

This bow is a lot of fun to shoot. It is very smooth on the draw, and stable before and after the shot.  It is very easy to stay on target and follow through with this bow.  It also seems to be very spine tolerant.  I shot 1535's, 1916's, 1918's, 3555's, 2018's, 55-60 and 60-65 spine woodies from it.  The lighter spine arrows flew the best, but all flew acceptably.  And this from a 46# bow.

Speed is not a large concern of mine, but I did run it over the chronograph against a couple of 46-47# bows that I have.  It gave virtually the same readings as those bows with the same arrows.
This bows design (again, to ME) isn't to be the fastest bow out there, but to be stable.  And it does that very well.  I only have had the bow for a week and shot it mostly in the basement due to it being dark by the time I get home during the week, and the lousy weather we had this weekend. But in that short time I did shoot two Robin Hood's.  One of them was even with two different types of arrows (1918 into a 1535).

The limbs on this bow are narrower that the limbs on the Classic if my memory is correct.  I measure these limbs at just under and inch at the fades and just under a half inch at the tips.  I really liked how they shot.

The grip is more oval shaped that the Classic I tried.  To me, this is a better feeling grip, very repeatable for me.  The narrower grip seems to index better for me than the rounder grip.

As to the riser.  While some may not like the mid riser design, I think it is really good. Makes the bow more stable (to me) than a conventional riser bow and looks better (to me) than a forward riser bow.  

I will be sending the bow on to Traxx this week for him to try out.  

I want to thank Allen for the opportunity to shoot this bow.

Offline Bluegoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
If there is still room on the list to try out the prototype ASL please count me in. If not that is OK. It is obvious I'm really late seeing this. It is really a cool idea for the pass around and I know first hand what a Liberty Bow is like! It is very exciting to see than Allen is considering making an ASL. That is about all I'm shooting right now.

Stump Buster, you may remember a certain "foxy" bow that is now in my possession and will be in use Sunday as the 3D season returns to central Texas!
Dave Johnson ASL 68" 50#@30"

Offline Allen Boice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2015, 10:59:00 PM »
Bluegoose:

You're not too late to give it a try, it just might be awhile before it gets to your place.

Allen

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 02:22:00 AM »
Im Excited to try this bow.
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline Bluegoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »
Sounds good Allen. Thank you!
Dave Johnson ASL 68" 50#@30"

Offline SactoBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
If its not too late, I would definitely like to try it out.

Thank you.

Bill

Offline Allen Boice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »
Sounds good SactoBowman, your name is added to the list.

Allen

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
Well,
I only had time to put about 20 arrows through this bow tonight but man oh man,is this thing easy to shoot and as quiet a bow as ive ever shot.Without a chrono,it seemed to be performing as good or better than my D/R bow,of the same weight.
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2015, 10:51:00 PM »
Oh yeah,

I opened it up,in the parking lot,of the post office,to make sure everything was ok and a guy saw it and had to come over and ask about it.Might have created a new archer.

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2015, 01:05:00 AM »
Atta Boy Traxx!!!
In the wind, he's still alive...

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
Traxx showed up at the shop with this beauty!  Just so happens Rick and I both own English models from Allen.  So all three bows were inspected against each other. The first thing is the craftsmanship just jumps out--Boice perfection!  The next thing that amazed everyone was how quiet this bow is.  We shot a variety of bows and the bamboo beauty was the hands-down winner. The compounders in there probably never knew we were spinning shafts in the back.  It is lighter than my normal bow so it was just too pleasurable shooting.  I will let traxx run some more info.  My bottom line: keeper
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
Yeah,it is a keeper.

It is a very forgiving bow and extremely quiet.These are 2 qualities i like in a bow,especially in a real world hunting bow.Its plenty fast enough for me and it is light as a feather.Makes my 3 piece D/R bow feel like a boat anchor.LOL

I was shooting this bow back to 40 yards and it performed beautifully for me.Im not a machine and have less than consistent form.This bow tolerated me as good as any bow ive ever shot.It made me look better than i really am.LOL

If an archer likes any of these qualities in a bow,then you may want to consider this bow.

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2015, 09:00:00 PM »
The bow is off to  Sacred mt in Flag.

Offline Sacred mt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »
It should be here by Saturday..some good reviews.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©