3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: kuiu  (Read 369 times)

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
kuiu
« on: November 08, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »
Who has this and what your thoughts on it . Just got the pack in and it top notch , so I'm looking for feedback on the pants and shirts , ( are they quite and how do they hold up in brush ).I'm in Az , thank you
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: kuiu
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
I bought the attack pants for a Co elk hunt this September.  Wore them everyday but one, they where wet and muddy from the rain and falling down.  When they dried just shook them out and they were good to go.  I think we hunted 12 days.  Now I've been wearing them whitetail hunting and washing after each day of use.  Seems to be holding up great.  

If I go elk hunting next year which I plan to do if my health holds up I'm going to buy their jacket and pack.  I'm thinking about buying the day pack (2150 ci) and just the 5200 ci bag which will interchange with the belts and harness. The day pack is $350 and just the 5200 bag is $180.

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
I have the 7200.pack and live it , I use it for all my hunts . Just  Love the weight 5.1 pounds empty , my camel pack weight in at 6.2
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline shedhunta

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »
I have guide jacket and attack pants.  Best built clothing I have owned.  Will be getting the guide pants soon.  The nuyarn baselayers are also very nice.  The 210 top is my new favorite shirt.  Only complaint is that i wish the baselayer pants were made without zippers.  I do not need them.  

Overall it is very well built, thought out, and comfortable
Toelke whip 2 piece.  58" 50@28"

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »
Thank y'all for the info
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
Wearing it right now on the mountain.  Best pants for sure! You can't go wrong with it.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline IdahoCurt

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
Kuiu is great stuff,I really like their merino shirts in all weights,attack and guide pants along with their guide jacket.Perfect for September Elk hunting here in Idaho.

Offline DeCurry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 11:30:00 PM »
I recently purchased a Merino 125 T and a Merino 145 Zip-T from them. I've been very happy with both pieces. If you shop around, you'll see that their base layer prices are very competitive.

I also purchased a pair of Attack Pants used and have worn them on a number of hunts this season. I really like these pants. The 4-way stretch material is very comfortable and the overall design is great (the cut, functionality of the pockets [cargo pockets that are actually worth using], etc).

My only (minor) complaint about Kuiu is that it can frequently be difficult to find certain items in their camo patterns (at least at/near the fall hunting season), especially the popular Verde pattern. However, they offer a good selection of (muted) solid colors that are actually useful for hunting (I really like their Brindle and Forest colors).
"I was raised on wolves milk, though it seems I sleep like a lamb."

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
I have lots of different items, great stuff, made for the mountains so if you are using in the bush you will see accelerated wear.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
I have their attack pants- The most comfortable and lightweight hunting pants I've ever worn for the mountains. They also dry out very quickly when they get moist.  Pricey, but worth it IMO.  I'm currently eyeing up their Yukon jacket.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©