3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Public land drama that I can surely do without!  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Public land drama that I can surely do without!
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »
Seriously. I could comment. But it's all been said way too well....

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2014, 10:28:00 PM »
Wow...speechless

Offline Cootling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2014, 10:42:00 PM »
I hunt some areas that require hunters to remove stands at the end of shooting hours.  It's a great rule that prevents territoriality and conflict and promotes safety.  The minor inconvenience is a small price to pay.

Online Jock Whisky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2014, 10:43:00 PM »
Perhaps a compromise is in order. I'd text him back and offer to put your stands back up so he can use it. I'd then ask him to leave his keys in his vehicle when he's hunting so you could use it to go visit his wife/girlfriend (or both). After all, he won't have any use for either if he's away hunting. Remember to be polite.
Old doesn't start until you hit three figures...and then it's negotiable

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jock Whisky:
Perhaps a compromise is in order. I'd text him back and offer to put your stands back up so he can use it. I'd then ask him to leave his keys in his vehicle when he's hunting so you could use it to go visit his wife/girlfriend (or both). After all, he won't have any use for either if he's away hunting. Remember to be polite.
:thumbsup:

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2014, 05:20:00 AM »
Of course some guys woulda stolen your stand. Guess it coulda been worse. Pretty nervy of him though!

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2014, 05:37:00 AM »
hahahahahaha
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2014, 07:03:00 AM »
id say paybacks are hell.  if he is indeed a police officer, go to his office and help yourself to his share of the doughnuts..
is it September yet??

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
:jumper:
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline bowhuntingrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
I'd offer to rehang them for him...for a small fee that is...let's say the MSRP of the stands and $100.00 an hour labor charge.
"The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest"

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
Incredible. Rob W, you're onto something with your 10% rule !

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
that sucks David.   I've been sticking to a small piece of private land I have permission on.   In the past I've found bow hooks left at my stand...so I dropped them that day.    later on I found a new stand in the exact same tree.

I'd never sit in another stand without permission.  in fact I wouldn't with permission in most cases either!   the hunt wont have the same value without the honest effort of finding the perfect spot and hanging the stand.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »
Send him a bill for the lease of your property!
I was standing on a public road waiting for my son to hike off a mountain on Friday.  A guy drove up and said, "are you supposed to be here?"  I recognized the gate at the end of the lane was locked with a no trespass sign on it, but I was in a public land strip.  I have no idea who he was, probably letting me know the land behind the gate was posted.  I believe in personal property rights-having been in three conflicts with governments that take what they want, I fully support private ownership--but not of public roads.  Some people need a glass navel, so they can see where they are going!
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Wandering Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
You should go back and scout the property you left. They might have only been there for the convenience and won't keep going there now that the stands are gone.
If so, you could go back and ground hunt the property... If that's even worth it to you. But, if you already have private property lined up.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »
"I'd never sit in another stand without permission. in fact I wouldn't with permission in most cases either! the hunt wont have the same value without the honest effort of finding the perfect spot and hanging the stand."

Right on the money Marc.
David M. Conroy

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
I get that its public land. I also get that if I left a stand in a tree it means another guy might not be able to sit in that tree if Im not there.
I even get if someone has values that would allow them to climb into another's stand on public land(because Lord knows there is only one tree in Massachusetts and there is absolutely NO other tree to sit in)....
But to be angry that I didn't tell them I pulled MY stands....I don't even know these guys!

Anyway, I'm beating a dead horse.
I'd rather read about all the deer you guys are seeing than my "woe is me" thread!

Nice leather work Nick!
David M. Conroy

Offline Beanbag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2014, 06:03:00 PM »
Yorn, i live in S RI.I know what you mean!! I think you should visit his wife while he is hunting.  Hell he's using your stand, it's only fitting that you return the favour,,,LOL. Wonder ow that would go over....

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
Tell them you will put the stands back up as soon as you get you guide fee!  What he said to you takes a lot of nerve or just stupidity.  

Time to move to the Midwest if you ask me.  Good luck to you for rest of the season! Text that guy a pic of your big buck once you get him!
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2014, 03:18:00 AM »
I would install a hanging rope, point him to that direction and tell him to feel free to use it!   :readit:
Or am I too cruel now????   :confused:
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2014, 05:09:00 AM »
If have told him you had no choice you found another spot with two B&C bucks on it and then BLOCK his number!!!!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©