3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: S.E. Iowa bunny hunt  (Read 6396 times)

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
S.E. Iowa bunny hunt
« on: January 22, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
Lefty and I are going bunny hunting this Saturday and anyone that wants to come is welcome. We plan on meeting Saturday morning at the boat ramp on Tug Fork at Lake Sugema. If'n anyone is interested give me or Lefty a shout and we can come up with an exact time (more or less). Refreshments can be brought or bought as there is a town close by. Let us know and good hunting.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: S.E. Iowa bunny hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »
I will be driving over from Mt Pleasant if anyone wants to carpool!

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 11:36:00 PM »
Darn it   :knothead:    I stayed the weekend in Iowa this PAST weekend for work.  I did roam the countryside looking at state land to deer hunt on.  Got 2 points now.  Would have been nice to meet some guys.  I did have a good time stump shooting   :thumbsup:

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
I might be able to come play bows n arrows. Looks like about 2 hours away straight down Hwy 1. Close to Mr Vic's house too... you gonna be there Victor?

Time to meet and directions? I see a road crossing on the NW arm of L Seguma labled Tug Fork, is that the spot? How's the wabbit population down there?

Better check if I need to pick up a 2007 hunt tag, forget when out turn over date is.

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »
Well I first seen this and my reaction was about time I tryed to bunnie hunt with my Bow. It's been a long time since I tryed that. But was waiting on a go ahead from the war department. Seems I recieved all clearances,but one from second in command(daughter) so yea I should be able to come to this. And you got the spot picked right Shaun.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Iowa Stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
I would love to come ...but am in the process of moving...maybe we could do another hunt next month..good luck to all who go!

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
Hi Shaun and Mr. Vic, Like Vic says Shaun, you have the right spot on map. I was thinking around 9:15 give or take. Lefty and I are flexible on this. So you tell us what you would like.

As far as the Wabbit population, I have no idea. Lefty said he has got a few rabbits up around there and thats good enough for me to try. Here in Agency where I live we have more rabbits in town then outside of town. Its just that the neighborhood sees no humor in our Beagle running through there yards bellering. Its not like we are shooting guns off. Anyway I am sure we can make a good time of it. Any questions just ask.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »
Beagle! That sounds like fun. I will aim for 9:15 and we'll fling some arrows. It will be good to see you agian Vic and to meet some you Court and Lefty. Hope some more folks can make it too. Better check the larder for Hassenfeffer supplies.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »
Sounds great!  Looking forward to meeting you all!

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »
I can throw in some deer sausage I made if someone wants to fetch cheese or crackers. It may not taste as good as a good locker does it but it won't kill ya.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
oh man, I wish I could be there.  Son has a wrestling meet.  Hopefully, you guys have so much fun that you'll decide to do it again before bunny season ends!  The season doesn't end until Feb. 28.  So, if another bunny hunt gets organized I sure would do my best to make it.  Take pictures guys.  Have fun!
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
I got some deer sticks to bring!

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
Same here Shaun, have something for you to take home so bring the truck. Humm, round and about seven feet tall. Court, What won't kill ya makes ya stronger. Cheese and crackers? done.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
Lets take her to the top again and see if anyone else is interested.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
ttt  

with only 4 of us we may have to double up on some of the assingments, ie. tall tales, slip n falls ("I was just going to make a snow angle"), missing easy ones, hitting impossible ones, etc.

And who's going to help look for my arrows in the snow? Note to self... no white fletching.

Offline Chad Sivertsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
I'm Iowa born and raised and grew up hunting small game in there. "No hunting" signs hadn't been invented in those days and pheasants and rabbits were thick. great memories and I miss small game hunting this time of year.
Have fun.
Happy Trails,
Chad

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »
Shaun, my 12 year old (thinks he is going on 20) will be along also. But don't worry he can B.S. Tale Tales with the best of them. I kind of like the double tree bank shot that I made on purpose.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
Just got back from the Fin & Feather - picked up a new lisence, the old ones expired on Jan 10. With habitat stamp, $2 donation to TIP and whatever else they see fit to tack on it was $28 and I'm good to go for another year. AFTER they asked about the fishing tag and I told them I never did use it last year, I asked "Is shooting a carp with an arrow fishing?" You guessed it, it is. Will have to pick up that tag before spring.

The bunny with the basket of eggs is safe, all others are getting at least a near miss.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
Tom and I will be driving over together.  We will see you all around 0915.  My cell is (319)931-0197 if anyone needs to get a hold of me.  
Chris

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »
Mines 641-799-6891 if someone needs it.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©