3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: S.E. Iowa bunny hunt  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: S.E. Iowa bunny hunt
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 07:43:00 AM »
Awesome guys,thanks for sharing your adventure!!!

Nothing better than the fellowship between Trad Gangers!!

It would be a priveledge to hunt with you guys someday   :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »
Hey Court,

Great to see the Vortex in use!  Funny I shoot that same fletch configuration and color alot for stumping and bale practice.  I wish I could have been there.  I really like the Keosauqua area.  No new bows in Kalamazoo, but some prospects!

Dave

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
Looks like a great day guys.  Next time I know I am staying in Iowa for the weekend, I will search some of you out.

Pagel with no new bows...not likely   :p  .  I know in about 10 years there will be a lot of bows around my house that say "Custom Made for Dave Pagel".  Still wishing I was a lefty...

Offline uhdet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 03:11:00 PM »
Kill something for me Vic!! Wish I wasn't so darn busy. Good luck guys!!!

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »
uhdet, I did kill a nice 10" pope and young tree stump after a successful stalk. I stalked around down wind within 10 yards and when he had his head turned I drilled him with a cedar. As far as Wabbits. Well I need to get faster on the draw.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Iowa Stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
Anybody have any thoughts on where to do this next month?....anybody know anything about Belva Deer Park in Keokuk county..Sportsman Atlas says 1669 acres,I'm up for there or someplace else.Later!

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
We fish there in the summer but have no idea about the hunting grounds.Clearest water Lake we ever have fished on. Does anyone else know?
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
I sent an e-mail to a friend who is a DNR wildlife biologist asking for rabbit hot spots. Will let you know if and when he gets back to me.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
I'm in!  I have never been there before, but always like seeing something new.  
  Are any of you going to try and go to the 3D shoot Ron was talking about?  I plan on trying to make it.

Offline TRB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2007, 04:42:00 AM »
Chris , Court, Shaun, keep me informed. Im ready for another hunt.              Tom

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
Chickened out!!! Damon and I went out and got a truckload of firewood this morning. Was going to see if we could find a couple bunnies to shoot at. Temp at -20 Windchill and we decided to come back home and enjoy the wood stove.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline redneckrampage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »
hey i keep hearing all of yall speak bowfishing, if anyone out here dont know im a carp shooting nut, when it warms up whos up for s.e ia carp shoot, just to throw the idea, i can run 3-4 on my rig....17 goot xpress, 70 hp johnson in progress and 5x6 deck....trying to think warm as my thermometer is on the wrong side of 0 today, i can get pics up when i get them all reloaded on the dell

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
Court i wondered if you would go, i was sitting here in the rocker next to the woodstove with a hot cup of coffee watching all the crazy people going to town and never seen you go by. Hope my firewood holds out until this is over.                                             Ok, Redneck I'm game this summer, got a few hot spots if you don't mind thirty pound carp at the end of your arrow.
― Aldo Leopold

Offline redneckrampage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »
mr vic.....when and were, day or nite, warm or cold...after a trip in feb last year a glowing 5k generator muffalor is mans best friend on the river.....ohh all fish were safe, im on osky

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
Hey Vic I guess we could have came by and stopped at your place. Coffee and a hot woodstove doesn't sound bad. Damon likes bowfishing on the backwaters up here when its flooded. Usually use the canoe for that but its better than a trolling motor when you arrow a #30+ Buffalo.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
Fires always warm and coffee always hot for friends and strangers. Maybe next time.
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
I'm in for some fish shooting.  Did it when I was a kid and just bought some fishing gear to give it a try again this year.  I got a 16 foot john boat too.  We was snagging a few spoonbill below lock and dam #18 before it iced up.  If we get a thaw and someone wants to give that a try, just let me know.  Not archery, but fun!

Offline redneckrampage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
just lemme know, once i get my 70 paid for im sure the freeze will be off and good to go shoot fish, have any of you guys figured more out on the belva deere rabbit hunt, thats pretty close to osky

Offline Iowa Stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
I just suggested Belva Deer Park...I'm up for anywhere thats accessable to all..open for suggestions.

Offline KELLEY40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
Belva Deer is next to the keokuk co sports club!!3D shoot Feb 17-18.Don't know about the bunnie population in the area!!!!
Lefty i'll keep you informed,i have a couple friends that i'm sure will be there,maybe we can get a few of us together.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ron

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©