3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: S.E. Iowa bunny hunt  (Read 6393 times)

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: S.E. Iowa bunny hunt
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »
Ron,
  I am going to plan on making the shoot if I can.  Which day are you going to shoot?  

Has anyone hunted Belva Deer area before?  Any rabbits?  This new snow should help out.  When does everyone what to try and meet?

Offline KELLEY40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
Chris
I'm thinking Sunday because of wrestling sectionals,but if saturday is the day you can make it i'll go saturday,i'm pretty much open!!I'm planning on going one of the days.Keep in touch and let me know if you can make it and what day!I'll get a hold of a couple friends(trad) and see if there coming!!
Anyone else want to go,i think it would be Fun!!
I'm not sure but i think some of belva deer you can hunt some you may not be able to(around the lake and camping area)Not sure on that.I'll try and find out!!!!!
Ron

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
Had a dentist appt. this afternoon, so went out to chase some bunnies this morning.  Hunted public land right here around Mt Pleasant.  Heat wave.  Must have warmed up to 8 or so, overnight.  Got up 3 rabbits, no shots to much brush and they were to quick.  Got my limit of stumps though.  Nice morning to be out. My MOAB is shooting sweet!  Good to have it back!

Offline Ia Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
Kelly,
What happened to your "Kong" handle ? I thought that was a good fit for you.

Offline KELLEY40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
Hi,Ia hawkeye
Still have it but not here,i think someone else has it!!So i went with last name and my son was the fullback for the high school football team and his # was 40 so i became KELLEY40.
IA Hawkeye,let me know when your going to a 3d and i'll come fling some with you!!!
Take Care.......Ron

Offline KELLEY40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
IA Hawkeye,NO head shots on the turkey's Frank will get MAD at us!!!!!  :biglaugh:

Offline redneckrampage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
so has there been a date set for a belvadeere hunt, ive had luck with a gun at the russell wildlife area just north of oskaloosa, just not with a bow, but if belvadeere is the place lemme know if its a sunday and ill b game

steve

Offline Iowa Stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
Is a febuary hunt going to go off?..Date?...location?

Offline redneckrampage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
is there going to be anything going on with a second bunny hunt

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
Ron,
  I am planning on the shoot this weekend.  What day and time works best, for you and others?  Didn't you say the Belva Deere area is close to the shoot?  If others are interested, how about we meet for the shoot and practice up and then chase some bunnies after?  Now I have never hunted this area, or even been there, so someone will need to direct the hunting aspect, if anyone is interested.  
  If folks aren't interested in hunting, I am still planning on the shoot and hope some others can make it.  Ron, can you give us directions to the shoot and a meeting place?  Sounds like it is going to warm up nicely!
Chris

Offline KELLEY40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2007, 07:13:00 PM »
Chris
I'm going to be there Sunday and a couple(trad) friends around 9 am.Belva deer camp ground is very close and i think the public hunting area would only be about 3 miles from the 3d shoot!If you come from Mt Pleasant you would take 218 north of ainsworth to G36 go east,that would take you to the junction of hwy 1(would say around 7 to 10 miles)G36 will then be hwy 92 keep going east threw west chester,you will go by the junction of keota then harper the next town is sigorney.I'm guessing about 3 miles before sigorney is the turn off,NORTH,There is a sign,but be carefull it's right after the top of a hill,it's about 2 miles down the road.I would say it is 7 to 10 miles past the harper turn off.it's a gravel road!!
Hope this don't mess you up!!!!!
Maybe a few more can make it.!!!!!
Let me know if this has got you messed up!!!
We can meet at the shoot around 9 if thats o.k.
Wish i could try the bunnies but have to go to the hospital after the shoot!!!!
The shoot is a chili shoot 20 targets and all the chili you can eat.I believe it was $10.00 last month
Ron

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
Ron,
  I'll see ya there at 9AM.  
Chris

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
I think you mean WEST on G-36 and Hwy 92!

Is the 3-D shoot at the hunt club on Hwy 149 where they hold the dog trails? It is about 40 miles from my house. I will see you there 9AM Sunday if I can get away.

Offline Ben Nicholson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
There were a couple of us that were going out Sunday morning up around Iowa City.  If you don't mind us joining you we might come down ther, then do a little ice fishing afterward.

-Ben
"Remember, if you don't do it this year you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller

Offline KELLEY40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2007, 05:19:00 AM »
GREAT,Lefty!!!!!
Shaun,your right, WEST!!! Hope you can make it!!!!
Ben,that would be GREAT,come on down.!!
Ron

Offline KELLEY40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2007, 05:22:00 AM »
Shaun ,i don't know where the hunt club is for sure but i think the shoot is EAST of there a few miles.I'll check today and get back!!!
Ron

Offline Ben Nicholson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »
Looks like I can't make it. Have fun, and post up your results.

-Ben
"Remember, if you don't do it this year you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller

Offline KELLEY40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
Sorry to hear you can't make it Ben,but things do come up.Will post results!!!!
Ron

Offline KELLEY40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
If anyone needs better directions give me a call,i'll have my cell phone with me!I'll be home tonight and at a wrestling tourney saturday,just give me a call anytime.Shaun if you can make it and want to ride with me give me a call or if you want to follow me let me know,i'm in wellman,i'm easy to find!!  (319)461-1644.
See you sunday if i don't hear from you.
Chris and Shaun if you guy's make it will that be 2 MOABs     :D  
Take Care.......Ron

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Ron,
  I'll probably be shooting my Adcock, since it is what I plan on chasing hogs with in a couple weeks.  But the MOAB is one very nice shooter!
Chris

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©