3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hidden Hunter Blind-Ron LaClair  (Read 948 times)

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Hidden Hunter Blind-Ron LaClair
« on: November 12, 2014, 11:06:00 PM »
Ron delivered my new Hidden Hunter blind to me after he returned from ShrewHaven the other day.

I am excited about this blind. Fast and quiet set up. I will be posting some field pictures soon.

Do any of you have any tips or tricks that you use for your HH blind?
CTT

The COOLEST part about the Hidden Hunter Blind, MADE in USA!! Right here in Michigan's Northwoods!!!!
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hidden Hunter Blind-Ron LaClair
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 07:05:00 AM »
Hey Chuck, I'm setting mine up this afternoon so my son and I can sit saturday for the opener. I'm dragging out a couple heavy 5/8" rubber bench mats this year to cover the wires and being heavy will keep it upright in the wind when we are not in it. Plus the mats should help keep our feet warm.
lll

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 07:45:00 AM »
That's a good idea CJ.  Them mats are HEAVY, I hope you can drive to the blind area LOL.

I don't have it yet, but Ron showed me that he uses a carpet remnant in late season hunting to put down for warmth and to quiet the crunch of the snow.
I will have to learn what works for me but it will be great. This will be the first season that I wont be dreading the weather report. it has been a cold wet north wind for the past few years and it slaps me right in the face and by 9-10am I am done for.

Best of luck to you and your Son CJ.

III- I like it.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Chuck,
When I used mine at Shrewhaven Camp last week I would go back through and tighten the tie down lines a second time (put them on, tighten them, then go around one more time and tighten them again) to get it tied down snug.  I didn't put a rug down, but we only had a little snow and it came after I set up the blind.  

Randy from Northwoods says he cuts a little pvc pole to set in the blind from ground to center hub in ceiling if leaving out in the winter months to keep the snow from caving it at all.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline gvdocholiday

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »
I'll be getting one of these blinds for next year for turkey season as well as deer season.  I love that they're built right here in MI.  Hopefully I'll be able to arrow a few critters from one to air on our TV show, Wired Arrow TV.
"Live like you ain't afraid to die....don't be scared, just enjoy the ride."

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
The best blind I've ever owned and I've tried several. I add stakes inside on the wires to help hold it down and carpet over the wires also.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Gus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
Chuck - Thanks again for the bow work. Hope you enjoy your blind and chair.Check our HiddenHunter facebook page(you can access it from our website) we have some great photo's and a video of the Discovery TV show that featured our blinds.Lots of good info there. Most of the photo's were taken by my wife Cindy,plus she is the one with all the nice bucks taken from her HH Blind with her Shrew bow. PS - Like your wool hats they must be "magical", they even make Roger look good!!
Experience the Northwoods... It rejuvenates the soul.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gus:
Chuck - Thanks again for the bow work. Hope you enjoy your blind and chair.Check our HiddenHunter facebook page(you can access it from our website) we have some great photo's and a video of the Discovery TV show that featured our blinds.Lots of good info there. Most of the photo's were taken by my wife Cindy,plus she is the one with all the nice bucks taken from her HH Blind with her Shrew bow. PS - Like your wool hats they must be "magical", they even make Roger look good!!
Lordy I am a handsome devil:

Seriously, Hidden Hunter Blinds are amazing. Made right here in Michigan, by folks who love traditional bowhunting, and care about the wilderness that we all love.

Tip: I like trapping stakes for holding the blind down in the wind.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 09:30:00 PM »
My pleasure Randy. I sure will enjoy the blind and the Chair. THANK YOU for that beauty.
I will review it all when I get some field time with them.
Ray and Randy, That tip about the PVC jack pole is a good one.

I just set up the blind in the field today so I will be toasty warm from here on out.
The blind can literaly be set up in a few SECONDS and then a couple more minutes to stake it out and you are done. I love it.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 06:47:00 AM »
I'm Stoked.
I had dreams about staying out of the wind, and having deer walk with in a few feet of my Hidden Hunter Blind.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Gus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
They do work well,Cindy shot the nice 6pt. two weeks ago at 9 yards. Last year she shot a 9pt. at 9 yards.The blind set-up she used is shown in the Discovering video on our facebook page. -- Good luck

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »
Thanks Randy.
Do you have to go DIG out some shooting lanes for your blinds?  Must be about buried eh?

Good luck to you all.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Gus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 01:50:00 PM »
We got lucky only 14" of snow,Ken has 21" at his place near Iron River.Our friends near Covington got 30" and will have a hard time getting into camp. Will be using snowshoes to get to our blinds.Was out last night and the deer have already started making trails. The tough part is it will be "0" deg. in the morning and a breeze from the west.Glad to be in our blinds.

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
Chuck,
I think I'm going to stop reading your posts...seems like everyone I read I end up buying the product  :)   I'm about to buy a Hidden Hunter and I'm guessing I need the 6 foot version.  I'm 6'1" so I'd be interested in how you like your new blind...tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
What are the "wires" y'all are talking about covering and holding down?
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »
Bigger is always better Jeff. I am 6'5" so I got the big one.
The blind is different than the hub style blinds.
The wires form a set of spoke on the ground when the blind is set up. When I set my blind up in the yard and now in the field, I was in and out of it many times making sure I was good to go. I never even noticed the wires until I purposely looked for them. They are a non-issue in my opinion. The fact that this blind can be opened up and setting still on the ground in about 10 seconds in amazing to me. a few more minutes to stake it out and BAM! you are hunting.
I will be getting the Carpet remnant only to add some quietness and warmth when the snows come. I don't think it will ever be needed for anything else.
CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
The "wires" are the stainless steel rods that are the ribs of the blind. They come from the hub at the top of the blind down along the sides and are connected at the center of the floor. They don't really need to be covered because the rods press down in the ground. The only time I cover mine is in the winter to help keep it dry and warmer inside.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »
More pictures? Want to get a blind for the daughter and me so she can wiggle all she wants!
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
this is a good video about the Hidden Hunter Blind that Ron sells.
The Blind section starts at about the 7min mark.

C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
I told my wife that is my entire Xmas list.  We go south to our farm in Aiken right after Xmas so she won't even have to wrap it up...UPS comes right to the farm  :)   I'll be recovering from some back surgery so I won't be in any trees hunting piggy's this winter.  Thanks for the advise Chuck & Ron.
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©