3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ace Super Express Heads  (Read 310 times)

Offline Caleb the bow breaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Ace Super Express Heads
« on: November 13, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
Gang,

Does anybody have any experience or input on these heads.  I am eyeballing the 175 gr model but it appears that it might be a bit less "tough" than the 200 grain version.  So interested int strength, durability, flight, sharpening, just all those normal things.  Have really become a big fan of wide and heavy 2 blades for Whitetails in the last couple years and the Ace Super Express looks like a winner, at least online.

C
Oh squeaky treestand, how I hate thee!

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ace Super Express Heads
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
I've used the 200s for several years and have no immediate plans to change.  They've killed several deer, a coyote, and a couple of other critters, some of them more than one.  They've been banged into rocks and stumps all over the Ozarks.  They sharpen (and resharpen) well.  The only ones I don't still use are on the arrows I couldn't find and have contributed to the archeological record.  I like them a lot.

Almost any broadhead you see discussed here will work if put in the right place, so it ultimately comes down to a matter of preference while balancing all the considerations one needs to balance.  I like Ace and I like fairly heavy heads.  Hence, the Super Express 200s.
Silence is golden.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
I have used about all of the ACE heads.
they all work just great. I would noy be concerned with anything when shooting an Ace.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »
For the same price are there any advantages or disadvantages compared to Tuskers. Do the ferrules hold up to abuse and remain true? Looks to me they are both great bang for the buck and I think I will try one or the other also. Lots of great heads are getting very expensive and hate losing them.

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
I've used to use nothing but the 175's but decided to go up in weight a few years ago to the 200's. Both are great broadheads that hold up well, are easy to sharpen and do a lot of damage when they hit something.

Darren

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
I am shooting the 175 super express this year.I have shoot 2 deer with them this season,a spike white tail and a spike sika deer.Was shooting a 52# bigjim buffalo and a 500 gr arrow.Both shots less than 15 yds broad side with pass thru and sticking 3" in the dirt.One was a 60 yard recovery the other was about 80 yards.The arrow that I shot the white tail would still shave hair on one side and the other would only grab the hair on my arm.Easy to sharpen and seem plenty tough.I think the ace heads are the best bang for your buck.And the blood trails were great!
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©