3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Bitter Cold morning with a happy ending....  (Read 1594 times)

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Bitter Cold morning with a happy ending....
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »
That's a big ol' Texas deer. It looks like this one and the one you shot earlier are related.
Could you please send some of that Texas 'cold' up our way?   :D
Our temps haven't got out of the teens for over a week, and it's 8 this morning. At least it has gotten above zero, so I guess I shouldn't whine.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »
Good job! Sometimes, freezing your butt off can warm your heart.
Sam

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
Thanks again guys I do love getting an old buck like him , I don't consider myself a trophy hunter but I do try for older animals when I can. The buck I shot at the first of season and this buck were taken about 60 miles apart from each other. I have one buck tag left that I going to do my best to put on one more but next chance at a buck will be in December I think.

The Battle Ax heads are great and like I said I also shoot TreeSharks a lot also. My bows are in the 60# range at my 30' draw and my arrows are in 750gr range. My arrows are GT 75/95s with 100gr brass insert , 125 steel broadhead adaptor , some are footed with 3in peice of 2216 , wraps and left wing feathers , then whatever head.

I have taken with the big heads , many deer and hogs , Aoudad , turkey , fallow deer , bear , and muledeer. They leave great trails and big holes , I have bent a few but just fix em with a hammer. I don't have any trouble sharpening them and at least one is always in my quiver. Most times I have an exit hole even on big hogs but like most heavy bone will stop em , even a poor shot will do enough damage to put an animal down ( not that I take bad shots sometimes stuff just don't go as planned ). Anyway I do like the large heads....

,,,,,Sam,,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »
Beautiful looking deer, congratulations!  Thanks for the report on your broadheads.  They are obviously working well for you.
-Jay

Offline BRONZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
Great story! That broadhead is huge! It's gotta leave a hole like a hatchet!
"He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:35

Wheatland Christian Bowhunters--Chairman

Offline robertson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2014, 11:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by SAM E. STEPHENS:
Thanks again guys I do love getting an old buck like him , I don't consider myself a trophy hunter but I do try for older animals when I can. The buck I shot at the first of season and this buck were taken about 60 miles apart from each other. I have one buck tag left that I going to do my best to put on one more but next chance at a buck will be in December I think.

The Battle Ax heads are great and like I said I also shoot TreeSharks a lot also. My bows are in the 60# range at my 30' draw and my arrows are in 750gr range. My arrows are GT 75/95s with 100gr brass insert , 125 steel broadhead adaptor , some are footed with 3in peice of 2216 , wraps and left wing feathers , then whatever head.

I have taken with the big heads , many deer and hogs , Aoudad , turkey , fallow deer , bear , and muledeer. They leave great trails and big holes , I have bent a few but just fix em with a hammer. I don't have any trouble sharpening them and at least one is always in my quiver. Most times I have an exit hole even on big hogs but like most heavy bone will stop em , even a poor shot will do enough damage to put an animal down ( not that I take bad shots sometimes stuff just don't go as planned ). Anyway I do like the large heads....

,,,,,Sam,,,,
Thank you Sam for the infos about the broadhead.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
What a beautiful buck!  I love those dark antlers!  Those "hitch haulers" sure come in handy for moving deer.  Congratulations on a really nice buck!     :thumbsup:  

Bernie

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2014, 01:54:00 PM »
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
NICE!
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©