3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tell me about it...........  (Read 312 times)

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
Tell me about it...........
« on: November 14, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
Tell me what the highlight of your season was, not necessarily of a kill,but something other than that. People,places,scenery,wildlife,
etc.

The kill is always appreciated but there is a lot more to the hunt than that. Tell me about it.......

Good Hunting,
                                                Craig

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tell me about it...........
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
Spent all weekend last weekend hunting with my long time hunting bud! Its been too long and we both really enjoyed it.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »
Spent a  whole week bowhunting with Dad, Brothers and friend this year. Some deer fell, some BIG rut crazed bucks were REALLY close and some beers were drank.

I would say it was a great season in a weeks time.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
Got to hunt in two new states i have never hunted in, Ark and MO. Did not get a deer in either place, but saw some beautiful country.

I got another chance in ARK, so hopefully I can use at least one of the 6 deer tags in my pocket!

Bisch

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »
I have had more deer in bow range this year than any other. None have come home with me yet but I still have plenty of season.
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
Had two Bobcats behind me. One very close,12 yards at one point,and the other further down the ravine. Got to watch the closer one try to catch a Chipmunk then walk out a 40' dead Hemlock, stretch and look down the ravine. It made my season.

Good Hunting,
                                                                     Craig

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »
First year with a recurve had a great encounter with a small buck however my college buddy coming to visit for a duck hunt was great. Good times with great company doing anything in the outdoors is always great!
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 12:09:00 AM »
Got my first trad whitetail a couple weeks back. What made it exceptionally special for me was I did it with gear that I made. Bow and arrows both! I finished the arrows 2 days before I went hunting with them.
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »
Up here in the Pacific NW, it is the scenery for me. Late season starts up on the 22nd and I'm getting pumped! Love being in the woods.   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »
Other than filling a tag this year, Have to be spending time in the blind with my wife holding a camera instead of a bow. Watching her get up everyday and getting after it. Trying to kill her first deer with an arrow. The last week has been some of the greatest moments spent with her since we married. Watching the sunrise and sunsets while bucks an does prowl just out of her range.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 02:52:00 AM »
The weekend that my soulbrother Hubert came to visit me! We see eachother only once or twice a year. We went to a 3D shoot and had a blast! Afterwards we had a nice dinner and since the weather was so great, we stayed in the garden afterward, sipping some wines away and talking about archery.... At a certain moment we realized it was 04.30 and time for bed! That was a great day!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 06:42:00 AM »
Earlier this season I was sitting on stand right at daylight.  I had a gigantic barred owl land on a limb not 3 feet away and just hang out with me for a minute.  I very gently clicked on my gopro and got footage of the whole thing.  He finally looked at me, and gave a series of long, haunting hoots, as if to say "good luck, from one hunter to another."  He flew off and I scored my first traditional harvest a few hours later.

I will never forget the experience.

Cool thread, Craig.

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 06:55:00 AM »
Great post Craig,

My buddy Mark got lured into helping me drag a Kansas doe a good 1/2 mile through one of the nastiest storms I've yet experienced.  Mark calls it "mean rain"!  Lightning, thunder and raining sideways.  200 yards this way, through the stream, up the sand based hill from hell, over the fence, across the field, over another fence......almost there buddy.....

He could have waited in the truck but opted to help me get her out....      :clapper:        Thanks Mark

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 07:53:00 AM »
Baiting in this guy on my own property. Didn't get him but have plans already in place for next year. After baiting ended there was still a week of bear hunting available. Hunting from one of my deer stands he walked out about 6 yards from me  in an area where I had no shooting lanes so I just watched him eat acorns for 45 minutes about 60 yards away. That day just made my resolution to get him next year a goal i am already working on.

The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
Getting the phone call from my wife as I was pulling up to work yesterday that the "big buck" finally showed himself. Hadn't seen much this whole year on my property outside of lots of does, fawn, couple of spikes and a little 6 point. She saw him from the kitchen window walking around the pool and heading to one of my treestands.

I asked her how big and she said "At least 4 points on each side." We always get a big breeder buck each year however I rarely get shots at them.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
Season isn't done yet, I guess the best part was having a button buck work his way to 6-8 yards while I sat with my longbow in my Ghillie coat. He fed there for what seemed like an hour but was only a few minutes. Upon leaving he offered a shot, I took it and missed at 15-17 yards. Even missing , it was neat.   :goldtooth:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Highlight of my season was sitting in a 2 man buddy stand with my 8 year old son.....just me and him hangin out chit chatting....enjoying what we both love to do the most. Also getting to watch him harvest his biggest buck yet was a blast...he gets so excited....the shaking...talking 90 miles an hour...." I got him dad, I got em " Lol....I love every minute of it!!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »
Had the best elk season in years. No elk meat in the freezer, but lots of close encounters, including a feeding cow at 5 yards, and a cow being chased by a bull that came very close. The weather was typical September in the mountains, the elk were abundant, and the other hunters were few and far between. All the elk I encountered were in heavy timber, which made for good times. Lots of "just 2 more steps" situations, and one killed lodgepole pine that stepped in front of my one and only shot. Did kill a grouse, which was a bonus and something I hadn't done in a few years.
Two fall turkeys and a doe since then, so I would say that this season is a real success.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline 3Feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »
Played cat and mouse with a 4pt.Didn,t get to draw on him but learned  some more this season hunting on the ground.Didn,t see a lot of deer this fall but the encounters I had will be remembered forever. Maybe  next season I can make it happen on the ground.
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special  56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5          64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman         60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
So far I grunted in a good 9 pt buck (that I missed) and had him inside of 40 yards for 25+ minutes before he offered me a shot.  I had a great time watching him.
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©