3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tell me about it...........  (Read 311 times)

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tell me about it...........
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 03:40:00 PM »
I have two...  First is having a small doe almost walk into me while I was wearing my ghillie suit.  She spooked and then stood 8 yards away broadside, looking away.  I drew and just laughed.  She finally walked away.

Second was having my son, home from college, help me drag a 200lb 6pointer out of the woods.  Priceless memories for both of us.  The deer died in a creek at the bottom of a steep ravine!  We were toasted after we got it out and field dressed!   :thumbsup:

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »
I'm still hunting so.... anything could happen at any time yet. There has been so much all ready. Time in the woods with my buddy, saw a huge bobcat cross a ridge in front of me, a buck on the ground, lots of rut activity...... more to come I'm sure.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
Had a great year and so much to be thankful for.  My youngest informed me I will be a grandpa in the very near future.  Had the pleasure to go to West Texas for the first time and hunt with the Wensel bros.  Shot my first javelina and wild hog.  This fall had the pleasure of shooting and hunting with my brother in the Yooper where a nice 8pt fell to my longbow.
habujohn

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »
This will go down as the season I swallowed my flashlight and spent a morning in the ER.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=140877;p=1#000000
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
Shot a buck, went to get a blind friend who I promised I would get him to the polls to vote with me (Nov. 4th). We voted then he asked to go with me to see if we could find the deer. We did he helped me drag the deer, lift into truck and went with me to butcher. He is 75 yrs old, blind but always positive. Made my special day more special and shared a great memory with me. I will not forget that day.
Monkeyball great idea for a thread...

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
Several wildlife sightings have been nice, but overall, one of my favorite happenings each year is that smell of the woods in the fall.
Sam

Offline Jack Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 01:50:00 PM »
We added another Archer to our family in Oct, grandbaby #3

River Elizabeth Skinner, 9lbs 8oz 21 inches. She is a P&Y in my book, I think she will be able to handle one of my bows soon    :)    

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »
That is awesome Jack,congratulations!

Good Hunting,
                                                       Craig

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »
The high light of my season (reason than my first trad deer) was hunting the entire season thus far with only my trad bow.  I told myself this was the year to do it and I've stuck to it.  From here on out it won't be so hard.  

Unfortunately the latest weather swing has put a huge damper in my plans so I need to come up with a Plan B to hopefully fill my buck tag
>>>--------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©