3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting With Kwikee Kwiver On Bow  (Read 489 times)

Offline Got2strum

• Trad Bowhunter
Shooting With Kwikee Kwiver On Bow
« on: November 16, 2014, 06:01:00 PM »
I'm trading into a Silvertip that is drilled for a Kwikee so I'm hoping to try one. Does anyone shoot with them installed? If so, are there any tips to keep them quiet? I used the search and found some old posts saying about possible noise when shooting with them on the bow. I'd prefer to leave it in place on the bow if I can make it quiet. I have a 6 arrow and it has the thumb screw that locks it in place. The bow isn't here yet, just thought I could get the kwikee ready ahead of time if I need to modify it. Appreciate any tips!

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting With Kwikee Kwiver On Bow
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
I mounted a quick disconnect to my tree stand and attached the Kwicky Kwiver to that before I went up the tree. I had it set so the arrows were close at hand while sitting in the stand.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:55:00 PM »
The thumb screw does a fine job at keeping mine quite enough when carrying it to the stand. My favorite thing about them is that they are so easy to detach when I get where I'm going. I always lay my bow across my lap with an arrow nocked when on the stand. I can't do that comfortably with a quiver at attached. I have shot with the quiver on the bow just for practice...it is quiet enough and my arrows don't vibrate out like they have on some other bow quivers.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »
I take mine off when I get to my spot.....I just like it better off.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Got2strum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 04:51:00 AM »
Thanks. I have a thin piece of rubber that I cut to mount between the bracket and bow. I guess I will try that and the thumb screw and see how it works. I hunt from the ground and sometimes stalk or change positions to get a shot. If possible I'd like to keep it on the bow.

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
Like shag08 said, tighten down on the thumb screw and you should have no problem. I use the Kwikee all the time but mainly because I like to carry my arrows with a bow quiver and shoot without the quiver on the bow. If I'm stand hunting I take it off and attach it to the tree with the tree bracket...which works great. When I've shot with the quiver attached I've had no issues with noise. You can spruce it up with a leather hood which is not hard to do. PM me if you'd like the leather pattern to cover a 6 arrow hood. Good huntin... Dave
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
If I'm going to keep it on while hunting I do a wrap of electrical tape around quiver and riser to reduce vibration.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
Why are you worrying about it when you don't even know if it makes any noise?  A lot depends on the bow it's on    :dunno:  

You go screwing with it before you even know and your liable to make it worse. Why not wait and shoot it and go from there I shot quickie's for years many years ago on many types of bows and never had to touch them.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
My quickie 3 arrow doesn't make hardly any noise with thumb screw tight.I did put black electrical tape on the back of the attachment that fastens to the bow to keep it from damaging my riser.I try not to shoot with it on BC my ADD kicks in and I find myself looking at my bright fletchings instead of my target...
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Offline Got2strum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »
I got the bow today and did some shooting and a little tinkering with tuning. So far it definitely makes noise. I'll just keep messing with it and see if I can get it to work. If not , oh well. Thanks all....

Offline Jack Whitmire Jr

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
I tried one and it was noisy .
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any  Morals- unknown author

Offline Got2strum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
I've been tuning the bow and quiver and I've got both dialed in and ready for the first day of rifle here in PA. I use the lock down screw on the quiver and cut a Limbsaver in half and glued the pieces on where they wouldn't interfere at all. This combined with the nice, heavy FMJ arrows I just set up keep the bow nice and quiet quiver on bow or not.
Can't wait to get back out after some whitetail!

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
Glad it's working out for you. That's a nice looking set up.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©