3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: burzzoff.....does it really work?  (Read 886 times)

burzzoff.....does it really work?
« on: November 17, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »
I spent 4 hrs. scraping burzz off just the pants.
 with a skinning knife on a fleshing beam.
if I keep doing it that way I wont have any pants left.  

Re: burzzoff.....does it really work?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
Holy cow, that is a lot of burrs!

Don't know anything about burzzoff but good luck with it!

Bisch

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
when there is that much on me I sound like Velcro trying to move .

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
Tried a Burzzoff (some time ago) didn't care much for it. The ones you're covered in are THE worst!! They take forever to get rid of. You have my sympathies.   :banghead:
Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
Yes. The Burzzoff is amazing for that type of job. Well worth the money.

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
Those look like mine....LOL I'm gonna try the Burzzoff, gotta do somethin!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 11:52:00 PM »
Holly cow batman that's a lot of burs!
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 11:53:00 PM »
Every morning I take my border collie shooting with me. She comes back covered with beggar's lice, etc.  If I try to pull them off with my fingers, I have to separate her fur from around them, and pull them out one by one.  It is a pain for both of us.     This   self cleaning dog brush works great, and she even likes being brushed with it.  Somehow it separates the dog hairs from the stickers, and pulls them out without pulling her fur out.  Just push the button, and all the stickers are pushed out of the tines.  My wife has also used it to clean dog fur off the car seat.

I don't know how well it would work for your hunting clothes, but it might be worth a try.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Piratkey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
Whaou,I never see this before ,it's the perfect wedding ,I think you need to wear something different.

Offline pinky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 12:57:00 AM »
Holy Cow, that is a lot of burs. Sorry, I am smiling and chuckling-->glad it is not me.  x2-I think you need wear something else, not so fuzzy, for the pants.
Martin Hatfeild TD (bearings)RC
Trails End     (Good Medicine) RC
Selway (Lil Shooter) LB
Aspen (Elite) LB

Public Land Hunter

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 03:50:00 AM »
I have one, and it has worked for me. It takes all but the very most stubborn burrs out of my wool with just a few passes. It's not a magic trick, but it's much quicker than using just fingers. Those are the exact f*{#€n burrs that I have to deal with. (Anyone know what they're called?)

Never tried the fleshing board, but I can imagine how it would be rough on clothing.

For the price, it's worth a try.

This year, I made a point of pulling every one of those plants by the roots every time I made a trip to the woods. I haven't had as big a problem with them this hunting season. ( Tip: don't pluck the damn things off while in your treestand or blind, or the next year they'll be everywhere!   :banghead:   )
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline john gerrard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 07:10:00 AM »
WOW !!!! You really do need to find something else to wear. Have the Burzzoff and while it does work to some extent it too is very hard on the material. When you are covered like that any method to remove burzz that heavy is going to damage the material.Good luck and hunt for something better to wear.   John

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
I had a very similer situation a few years ago. I thought I would have to throw out my pants and jacket. I bought a burzzoff, I didn't have anything to lose. It was amazing how it worked!
I was able to remove all the burrs! Highly recommand purchasing one.

chris <><

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »
Carry it into your stand and take it off on your way out?
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »
I haven't used a burzoff but I have used a curry comb device for cats.  It resembles a hacksaw blade, bent into a circle with the ends as a handle.  Most pet stores have them for cheap.  I think that works as well as anything I have ever used.  The dog size version wasn't as good, maybe too big. Maybe an old dull hack saw blade, actually bent into a bow and the ends taped together might do it too.  Make sure it is dulled up though.

For burrs like that, give the kitty thing a try.  It will work way better than taking 4 hours.

ChuckC

Offline JB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »
We call the darn things Beggar lice. Not sure the proper name for them. Nasty little things for sure.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »
Burzz-off works good if they are not too embedded and will line them up for easier picking, but if they are too embedded it will shred your clothes getting to them... Nice tool for some situations and I think it's worth owning, but its not a miracle cure for all burr & fabric types... I absolutely recommend carrying your wool in & out, dressing with a low knap burr resistant under layer for travel & walking around. Or you can just totally go with a different clothing setup... I hate those things (burrs)!!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »
i ordered one of the burzzoff things,   it will either be the best investment I ever made or the worst, we'll see.

thanks for the replies, I might get a cat comb and try that too.

its everywhere where the deer are so avoiding the stuff is not an option, does seem to be more of it this year.

carrying my clothes in is not an option either, because then they would be on the inside of my clothes after I put them on after walking though all the burrs.

thanks guys, nobody hates burrs more than me   :banghead:

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
The clothes you wear in need to be burr proof or easily wiped off.... For instance my kuiu attack pants are burr resistant for sure. I wear them in and they are my underlayer on cold days. When I get in to my area, I easily wipe off any burrs that did get on them, takes two-three seconds...Then put on my wool. I'm fortunate that my wool pants have a slippery liner in them, even if I did put on burr filled underlayer pants, they wouldn't stick to my wool... As others have said, if you think you're gonna encounter this a fair amount, you need to strongly consider burr resistant clothes. The tool may or may not help, but it will always be a pain...  Just my two cents.

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
I assure you I deal with them also here in Texas - I wear burr proof clothing for that very reason and I carry in my outer layer with is usually fleece or wool if treestand hunting or a ghillie on the ground.  I would try to find some outer burr proof clothing if I was use if carrying them in is not an option - unless you liek spending a lot fo time removing burrs?  A comb or even a knife blade works OK but from the looks of it you willo still be spending a lot of time removing burrs.
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©