3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kalamazoo and Tyler too?  (Read 512 times)

Offline Wallydog

• Trad Bowhunter
Kalamazoo and Tyler too?
« on: November 20, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Im going to make my first trip to Kalamazoo this Jan. Do you fellas go? Best day to go?   :bigsmyl:

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kalamazoo and Tyler too?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
I'll be there start to finish, weather permitting.  My first year was last year--great show.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
It's a 5 hour drive from Springfield, IL, so if I go I try to make a weekend of it.  If I was going to do a one day trip I would go Fri or Sat.  Friday is a little less busy.  You might want to check the seminar list to see if one day works better for you.  If you can find someone to share gas and hotel with that makes the trip much easier.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
All three days are fun, but Saturday is usually the busiest.  It is a great time!

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
I'm an hour and a half from Kazoo, and if it works out I try to make a weekend of it.  Goon Saturday and stay until sunday.  As said above Saturday is busy, but if you can stay over night Sunday is a great time to go and talk with the vendors usually not all that busy.
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »
I would plan on 2 days to take it all in and test shoot all the bows.  One to me feels a little rushed but totally doable if that's all the time you got.  Make a mini vacation of it.  Plenty of "winter" things going on in MI.  See ya there.
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »
It's a good time and I try to make a weekend out of it. Hunting season is over so the wife and I get a hotel room usually with a hot tub. She stays in and has a relaxing weekend and I get to see old friends that I only get to see a few times a year and talk about our hunting season and shot all of the bows that the vendors bring with them. Like I said it's a great time.    :thumbsup:
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline hawk22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
Stop by Sweetwaters donut mill when you go.

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 08:56:00 PM »
I've never been, but it fits my schedule perfect this time around.  Weather permitting, I'll be there!

Offline koops4

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 09:08:00 PM »
My son and I will be there all three days and maybe my daughter as well.  Any day is a good day to be around fellow traditional archers. As said above Saturday is the busiest but Sunday is a good day to spend trying lots of bows.  Hope you can all make it.
Paul

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
Some vendors are willing to deal a little more on Sunday so they don't have to pack up as much. The 3 years I have been some vendors pack up early on Sunday to get out earlier.

Last year the weather was bad black ice around the Lake. Snowed so hard we couldn't get home until Monday.
PBS  Member

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 05:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by Fletcher:
It's a 5 hour drive from Springfield, IL, so if I go I try to make a weekend of it.  If I was going to do a one day trip I would go Fri or Sat.  Friday is a little less busy.  You might want to check the seminar list to see if one day works better for you.  If you can find someone to share gas and hotel with that makes the trip much easier.
This is your best bet. You will love this event Please stop and say HI at our booth
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 06:14:00 AM »
Will be there again this year, all three days in the Michigan Traditional Bow Hunter booth.

Friday afternoon is good, all day Saturday is all good but a bit busy and sunday morning is good.

It is a can't miss event where you can shoot about any bow you want and pick up all your trad goods and supplies.

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »
Java Man Archery will be there.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Wallydog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
A trad archer I work with wants to make it a day trip but it sounds like that might be too quick. I could see a Friday-Sat and go home Sunday trip in my future. I want to shoot the bows and do some seminars too. You guys all bring what???? like 10g's...

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
I have been enough times now that I practically have the layout of the vendor booths memorized, and can cover most everything I want/need to see in a day.  It is about a 4 hr drive for me and I make it an up and back trip in one day. Leave about 4-5 am on Saturday morning,  get there just after the doors open and stay all day.  Usually start the trip home at 4-5 in the afternoon and arrive home before the evening news. For those of you West of Kalamazoo, remember there is a time zone change,  they are 1 hour ahead of us. Not a big deal,  but worth factoring into your travel plans.  Didn't make it last year because of the nasty weather,  but plan to go this year if everything works out.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
up
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by Wallydog:
A trad archer I work with wants to make it a day trip but it sounds like that might be too quick. I could see a Friday-Sat and go home Sunday trip in my future. I want to shoot the bows and do some seminars too. You guys all bring what???? like 10g's...
You do want to come with a shopping list and plenty of funds.  I'm working on my list and funds already.  I usually ride/drive up with a couple others and make a Fri/Sun weekend of it.  Always a great time, but watch the weather.  Usually a stretch of white knuckle driving somewhere in the trip.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »

You do want to come with a shopping list and plenty of funds.  I'm working on my list and funds already.  I us ally ride/drive up with a couple others and make a Fri/Sun weekend of it.  Always a great time, but watch the weather.  Usually a stretch of white knuckle driving somewhere in the trip. [/b]
Rick it is always great seeing you . Tr
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »

You do want to come with a shopping list and plenty of funds.  I'm working on my list and funds already.  I us ally ride/drive up with a couple others and make a Fri/Sun weekend of it.  Always a great time, but watch the weather.  Usually a stretch of white knuckle driving somewhere in the trip. [/b]
Rick it is always great seeing you . Tracey and I will look forward to visiting with you.
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©