3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Wives of TradGang  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The Wives of TradGang
« on: November 21, 2014, 07:27:00 AM »
Good morning guys,

As I sit in my office at work, counting the hours before I get to hit the woods again, something occurred to me.  Our wives (and girlfriends in some cases) probably don't get enough credit.  My passion for bowhunting takes me away from my wife, a lot.  There are times that me being gone puts her in extra strain, especially in colder months.  She feeds animals, hauls firewood, runs errands and just generally holds the fort down when I am away.  Never one time has she asked me to stay.  Go do what you love, she says.  I try to make a point of telling her how much I appreciate it, but there really aren't words to say how much good my time afield does for my spirit.

We are young, and will start a family soon.  I know then that I will have to slow down, at least till my children get old enough to hunt with me.

I am taking her with me on a hunt the weekend after thanksgiving, and she seems excited about it.  She has no interest in taking an animal, she just wants to spectate.  I am looking forward to having her with me.

I guess the point of this post is a tip of the hat to the unsung hero's.  I really appreciate it, and I'm sure a bunch of you guys do too.

Good hunting,

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Wives of TradGang
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:30:00 AM »
Celebrated our 24th year of marriage last week. My bride is fantastic for sure, blessed she chose me. Enjoy yours!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 07:41:00 AM »
My best friend started suggesting I hunt this year. Years past it was always an argument to go hunt, then I wouldn't enjoy my time in the woods because I would feel guilty.

Things are getting better like a fine wine.  I love her! We have been Married for 8 Years but together for 12.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 07:44:00 AM »
Been with mine 24 yrs. nary a word about my hunting or bow buying/selling addiction. Wouldn't be nothing without her!!!

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
Congratulations TJ!  Im lucky that my wife wants me to go. I dont tell her im going hunting, I tell her im going grocery shopping. She thinks its funny. She helps when I bring home the groceries by helping me process it.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 07:49:00 AM »
Mine goes with me when she can!  She understands my passion to be out there hunting and she shares and encourages it.  I am blessed!

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »
I picked a winner 45 years ago. She has stuck with me through all my passions, and is completely supportive of my hunting addiction. I'm a lucky guy.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
I just take mine with me. She does well.

The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »
It's hit or miss with mine, sometimes she's really supportive, sometimes she really makes it a PITA for me.  Mostly she's supportive.  I am a good boy too, and really try to go the extra mile to not be gone too often and also compromise on what days I hunt and when.  We're a young marriage, at just shy of 5 years and together 8.  We both have growing to do.   :)

That being said,
the title of this thread has me thinking...

Calendar!?  

:jumper:
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Online Chad Orde

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 08:12:00 AM »
Bill, that's awesome I need to get my bride involved more then I have. You are an inspiration action all of you!
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/@Island_Drifter

https://www.instagram.com/island__drifter/

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 08:19:00 AM »
Tracy has been putting up with my B.S. for just short of 20 years. As many of you know she goes on nearly all out of state hunts with me. She hunts herself and is quite successful.
A few years back while planning another hunt. I decided to tease her a little.I said..."You know I could go on twice as many hunts if you would stay home." She looked at me and said " Yea...I was thinking the same thing about you.   :scared:    :scared:    :biglaugh:  I dont tease her about that any more!!

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »
I am a lucky guy my wife fully supports my addiction from bows to bow hunting.
   She has no interest in taking an animal but enjoys shooting her Longbow, going to 3d shoots and participating with me in that way.

Never a word about my time in the woods although she would prefer I didn't hunt alone so much. She gets it!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline limbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »
Mine has been putting up with me for 42 years,she's a hunter also and has taken several bucks with a gun,as a matter of fact she is in a stand here on the farm right now.I'm a blessed man.  :bigsmyl:

Offline shreffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by daveycrockett:
nary a word about my hunting or bow buying/selling addiction.
Where do I find one?? Does she have any sisters/daughters around the age of 23 looking for love??    :laughing:
"If you're not bowhunting, your spirit is on standby." - Uncle Ted

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
My wife's passion is Horses...that alone pretty much lets me hunt & fish as I like for the past 38 years.
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
My wife was a vegetarian when I met her. Long story short, she did a paper in High School on our country's meat industry. Her conclusion was, "If you want to eat  meat you should hunt"! So when we met she was open to my avocation and the day I handed her a bow she couldn't put it down. After a few years of meeting and beating other successful female archer/hunters and sage advice from Michelle Eichler ("There is no law that says you have to shoot an animal if you don't want to or think you can't make a quick clean kill",) she started to go out with me to hunt, not to just enjoy nature. It's a treat to have a partner like that. I do not take her for granted. As for those who have wives that don't hunt…the secret with Laura was that I never pushed her. She loved shooting and is a naturalist at heart so being with me in the woods was always an option for her which she often took me up on.  If your spouse does not have the "fire in the belly" I'de be reluctant to counsel you to try to light one…at least don't use pressure, subtle  or otherwise. If the desire is there it will show itself in time. If it isn't and she still doesn't mind,  then you are still a blessed man as long as you reciprocate with her interests that do not involve you. (We have that, as well).
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
I hope to be as lucky in all respects as you guys someday! Have a safe and fun hunt:)

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 10:00:00 AM »
I met my wife about two weeks before deer and elk season. It was always a good time of year to meet a girl. Most girls would just fade away this time of year making it easier to not commit into a relationship. After being gone for close to 30 days hunting she was still there waiting for me. At this point I new I was in trouble with this one. Now 22 years later I know I got a keeper! Still now most of our "date nights" in the summer months are scouting fishing and such and that's by her choice!

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
I have a good one too.Many of you know her through The Nocking Point.She holds down the fort while I hunt,and even tells me to go hunting.Do you think she is trying to get me out of her way?
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
14 years with my Jennifer.  Never once a negative response to my leaving for the woods.  When I am not hunting, I am guiding hunters.  Weeks away at bear camp and I pretty much vanish during the rut for a month.  I am chasing something with my bow 12 months out of the year.  Not sure I could tolerate me if I was her.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©