3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Wives of TradGang  (Read 1607 times)

Offline durp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Wives of TradGang
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »
Mine always ask about march what days/weeks im gona be gone so she can plan her year too.

i ask her to marry me while we were packing out an elk...had to try out her new horse and her at the same time...WORK OUT VERY WELL!!!

Offline 2nocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »
Mine wants to know why I still hunt if I never bring home any meat for the house    :dunno:

Offline philos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by zipper bowss:
Tracy has been putting up with my B.S. for just short of 20 years. As many of you know she goes on nearly all out of state hunts with me. She hunts herself and is quite successful.
A few years back while planning another hunt. I decided to tease her a little.I said..."You know I could go on twice as many hunts if you would stay home." She looked at me and said " Yea...I was thinking the same thing about you.    :scared:      :scared:      :biglaugh:   I dont tease her about that any more!!
That's hilarious!!

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »
U take great photos Pat!
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline BRONZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »
Amen brothers! My beautiful bride loves spending time in a tree with me and allows me ample time enjoying His creation with a recurve in hand. God bless the understanding hunting widows!
"He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:35

Wheatland Christian Bowhunters--Chairman

Offline BRONZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2014, 07:10:00 PM »
Amen brothers! My beautiful bride loves spending time in a tree with me and allows me ample time enjoying His creation with a recurve in hand. God bless the understanding hunting widows!
"He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:35

Wheatland Christian Bowhunters--Chairman

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
Been married to Tonya for 18 years now, she's a loving wife, great mom and teacher to our 4 kids, awesome cook and in the last 3 years been a deer hunter. I know God set her aside for me and I'm a much better man because of her.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Online shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »

Rachel and I have been married for five years. She was into hunting before we met and that's kinda how we met. She is a great mom to our little girl, great wife, awesome taxidermist and a piss poor cook...can't hit a home run every time lol.

Her only complaint about me hunting is that I get to sneak off and go more than she does.

Edit: On a side note...she bought me my first traditional bow (except for the Little Bear that I had when I was a kid) for our first wedding anniversary. I almost think she would take that gift back if she knew what a can of worms she opened at least thirty-some bows later lol. I love her.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2014, 11:32:00 PM »
34 years with THE ADMIRAL, my wife and best friend (plus two prior as girlfriend).

She's still 25 in my eyes.

Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline beendare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2014, 12:56:00 AM »
When we got married I had one request, "When I say I'm going hunting....you say have a nice trip"

Over 20 years and she has been great even when I'm hunting on her birthday......
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.”
― Edwin Louis Cole

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2014, 05:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by tippit:
My wife's passion is Horses...that alone pretty much lets me hunt & fish as I like for the past 38 years.
Same here but my wife is always there to lend a hand by bringing the tractor out to help retrieve deer and to trim out shooting lanes for my stands.
We have been married 29 years this past August.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2014, 07:27:00 AM »
Nice to see a thread directed towards our "better half"!  Like many of you folks I'm a pretty luck guy.   26 years I've had to put up with her    :laughing:    

She's a true gift.....  My buddy once said, "if I ever find you lifeless in the woods you'll have to wait, I'll be rushing back to your house so I can be first in line to marry your wife!!!  It will be a long line he said"!

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2014, 08:15:00 AM »
I am also lucky. A few years ago she was diagnosed with one of the "lady" cancers. Of course she whipped it. But there are things they don't tell you in the cancer hand book like you can't take off and leave her for 2 weeks to elk hunt. I took her, she had a ball. We are booking again in '16. Now we elk hung together along with scouting, bird hunting ? Snow shoeing   We do it all together.  She is my best friend. I love her.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
My wife of 8 years (together 14) is into horses-she's as passionate about them as I am about hunting-so she understands, but has no interest in going hunting.  She doesn't complain about my hunting, but I do try not to go every day. She has learned a lot about nature and pays attention to her surroundings, looking for eagles, turkey, deer, and especially snakes-she hates them (she was a city girl and hadn't seen much wildlife until we got together).  I help her out with the horses, especially when it's really cold or she's under the weather.  I always have my cell on vibrate when I'm on stand, in case she has a horse emergency.  She hurt her back on Nov 13, so I have been taking care of her horses for her, which meant missing gun season and the peak of the rut.  Better to miss a little hunting than have her laid up for a long time.  Her back is okay now, so I'll be back out come Monday.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
Marcia and have been married for 37 years. I didn't start hunting until the fall after we got married. She doesn't hunt. Heck, she doesn't eat much meat at all but she does tolerate my hunting just like I tolerate what she likes to do. You don't make 37 years being intolerant.
  When available we always have venison back strap with a bourbon cream sauce for Christmas day dinner. Our daughter grew up eating Bambi burgers and loves venison however I make it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
I'm another man who counts his blessings. I introduced my wife to shooting when we first got together about five years ago. She took to it right off. Shoots her longbow quite well, though not as frequently as I shoot, nor does she hunt, but we enjoy some quality roving time together in our woods.

She's been totally supportive of my passion, understood my need for a new bow as my style settled in, though money is an issue for us. Bought me my (first ever) archery tag this season, for my birthday. Encourages my hunting and roving.

(Doesn't hurt that she's awfully pretty, and has a heart of gold… and is quite a few years younger!)

Offline Michael Pfander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »
Without a doubt the best decision I ever made.  31 years and counting. When we first got together and before kids she went with me.  She has packed deer,pigs,birds and bunnys.  When the kids came along she stopped.  She is just now starting to get back in the swing.  I love her!
MAP
Map
PBS
BHA
P&Y

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »

Great thread! My supportive wife not only does an amazing job raising our 3 children, but multiple times a year handles all the household responsibilities solo while I'm critter chasing. Couldn't do what I do without her!!

Offline Wallydog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
My wife of 38 yrs makes fun of me about my hunting and fishing. Shes a real comedian too. She likes to tease about new bows or new hunting duds being like a drug to an addict. She knows Im helpless once I need my fix....hahaha!

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2014, 06:59:00 PM »
Been married 36 years.  She supports my hunting, archery, etc.  She gets almost excited for my bow kills as I do.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©