3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Wives of TradGang  (Read 1606 times)

Offline t2onboard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Wives of TradGang
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »
We do it together-period. It's 39 years and we're still at it. Smile. Raced bicycles together, tandem for many years; raced kayaks and outriggers, tandem for many years, we raced stand-up boards the last four years, and now we're doing archery together. And, while we won't hunt, we will compete, and we will be together. That's been our goal from the beginning. Smile. Great stories from everyone. Thanks for sharing.
teamalty

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »
I would not enjoy hunting like I do if it wasn't for her 38 yrs of support. I love to go hunting but love to come home too!

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
It is great to see so many that have supportive wives or wives that join in with the hunting. Jeanne and I have been married 57 years and she has always been very supportive of my loving to bowhunt. Although she has never hunted(she loves to fish), she has accompanied me on many bowhunting trips. We are both much older and arthritis and 3 joint replacements have slowed her somewhat, she still is enthused and excited when we go on an out of state hunt together.
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
This was about a mile in from the car. My wife is a great sport and a pretty good shot to. She is my best buddy.

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
Wow 57 years ! Congrats Bill that's great ! I have only been married to my Goodwife for 42 years now and I think she finally has me broken in . She supports all my activities and puts up with me being gone on hunts . Her only drawback is She's a great cook and loves to bake so with the kids all grown and not home I'm destined to become a fat old man . Could be worse . I could never replace Her .
Greyfox54

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bill Kissner:
It is great to see so many that have supportive wives or wives that join in with the hunting. Jeanne and I have been married 57 years and she has always been very supportive of my loving to bowhunt. Although she has never hunted(she loves to fish), she has accompanied me on many bowhunting trips. We are both much older and arthritis and 3 joint replacements have slowed her somewhat, she still is enthused and excited when we go on an out of state hunt together.
Bill and Jeanne are quite the inspiration to Tracy and I. We always love spending time with you guys.

That's a great picture,Ryan!

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »

My wife goes hunting too, she loves it!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2014, 11:00:00 PM »
20 yrs this Wednesday for me and my misses. She's extremely patient and supportive. She use to hunt with me shooting wheels.
Her first and only deer is one of my most memorable the recovery was was the best stories  I could ever tell.
I'd like her to take up trad but I'm kinda glad she doesn't  she would out shoot me really fast.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
23 years,  my wife says it makes her happy when she knows I'm happy, and having my time in the woods makes that happen.  She gets a kick out of listening to me ramble on like an excited kid about one of my hunts or a good outing at the target.  Doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about most of the time,  but is genuinely happy that I'm doing something that she knows I truly enjoy.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »
Well said Jake!  A good bow hunter is only as good as his significant other.      :clapper:

- Coach
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
Been with the wife and best friend for 38 years in March. She does not hunt, but hikes, kayaks, fishes, and now does a few 3-D's and stump shoots with me also. Has never gave me any static about my hunting and always want to hear my story at the end of the day, most times I don't much to tell.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »
Mine hasn't cared about going hunting but never says I can't in 36 years together.

I flew way past my air cover with this one

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline brianbfree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
I had stopped shooting my bow when I joined the army 33 years ago (I retired in 99). so last Christmas she gave me a gift card to a local bow shop and said "you need a hobby" so I started shooting again. She has supported me in dozens of arrows and a few bows even one she doesn't know about. I have met new friends and learned so much this past year and it is all because of her.
DH Super Diablo         60#@28
DH Ventura              60#@28
BP Lord Mercury         40#@28
Golden Sovereign Knight 65#@28
BP  Mercury Hunter      65#@28

Brian Beery

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
opening week end of Colo bow season my wife, Diane, and I celebrated our 35 anniversary.  I cooked a fine dinner in a dutch oven. We toasted our marriage with cheap red wine under the stars by a camp fire..   I am a blessed man.
Joe
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2014, 11:58:00 AM »
Originally posted by Manitoba Stickflinger:

Great thread! My supportive wife not only does an amazing job raising our 3 children, but multiple times a year handles all the household responsibilities solo while I'm critter chasing. Couldn't do what I do without her!!
What a cool pic   :thumbsup:

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2014, 12:10:00 PM »
After almost 12 years of marriage and 2 years of dating before that.  Not an ounce of complaining, you will ever here from me, about my MUCH better half...

Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Tsalt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2014, 02:59:00 PM »
You guys are lucky!  My wife looks at me like this every time I go hunting...

:laughing:    :laughing:   Juuuuust Kidding!  

My wife is awesome!!  She didn't grow up in a hunting family but she has fully embraced it!  She releases me to hunt as much as I want and for that I'm very grateful.  She doesn't join me, but she does love the meat.  In fact, she told me the other night that if I didn't come home with a deer to just not come home at all!  haha

We will celebrate our 21st anniversary next month.  I am blessed...

Tim Salters

"But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One."  Genesis 49:24

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
Tim -

I almost fell off my chair with that picture!  Fantastic!     :biglaugh:  

Bernie

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
My wife doesn't hunt but loves to come to the camp and she eats my wild game.

She has been putting up with my hunting for 40 plus years.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©