3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I AM HERE AT LAST WOW!!!!!  (Read 1008 times)

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I AM HERE AT LAST WOW!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
well i am still alive and kicking. yesterday went fishing and got me self one nice small mouth bass. by the way i was the only one to catch one. LOL!!!!! had fun it was good. to day we went to the archery range shot a few arrows. but my arrow maker over here is  well lets just say they fell apart. you know who ya are big ron.LOL!!!!!two days ago we went to rons place man it was awesome and bob and ron got me up a tree stand we made a vidio of it but i was swearing to much so we cant show ya all. oh yeah i have to stop swearing not good. i have seen lots of tree rats while out walking. any way must be off ta bed as i am stuffed. later every one and thank ya all for the welcome. oh yeah i had cat fish for tea to night it was real yum and i mean yuuuuuummmmmmm night all
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
:eek:        :eek:        :saywhat:    

Sounds like Bob"o" and Ron are gettin ya set up good   :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »
Hey Jeff, have ya had a chance to shoot the arrows I sent to Bob for you yet. Hope they are spined o.k. for your set up. The WWs weigh about 175gr. and the bears about 145gr. Hope they work out for ya. Have a great time.

Chuck
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
Did he say what I think he said?  Hmmm they must not be PC down there.

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
LOL. Jeff I was using the  New Zealand insert glue you like.   :archer:   I have some more inserts.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline MWhitehair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
Welcome Mr. Jeff! Best of luck to ya'!
Matt Whitehair
"'Traditional Archer' is not a term to be taken lightly. It demands respect for ethics, high standards, and an overall, instinctive love for the sport."
-Jim Chinn

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »
well we went to big rons today for a hunt. well i was sitting on the ground behind a log bow on my knees arrow on the ground i heard a noise and  looked up and tis doe was looking right at me. as she was walkin straight at me and she probly thought whats this. and i thought to my self yeah right stupid bloody deer has not seen a kiwi before. any ways cut a long story short. could not get a shot in so i just waved at her and boy did she move or what. that  bit over and done with. un benowen to me theres an othe one behind me it barked and i just about crapped my self. then later i hear a noise urn around and there is bob and bobby so i walked over to them and tod them wha happend. bob said he had seen a real nice buck but could not get a shot away. moving along now we headed back to rons for a bit to eat and drink and do a bit more shooting on his range. after we had eaten this bloody wasp kept flying at me  oh yeah good fun. any ways we headed home and boy i was iching and so was bob and bobby guess  what yup we all got the bloddy chiggers. so i have had a crap of a day with what being chased by a crap eating wasp and chiggers on me  yes welcome to the usa. well ron ya can keep ya chiggers and ya crap eating wasps LOL!!!!!! more later when it happens.

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
:goldtooth:    Now that there is funny, I don't care who ya are!!!!!

Welcome to the easy end of the USA brother. If all you had to endure wasp crap eating wasps and a few chiggers on your parts you have had a very good day. You see, they call this the land of opportunity for a reason. You get every opportunity to experience all the nasty little critters when you enter the woods. If you think you are having fun now you should try South Texas next. You'll never look at an American the same after that. Glad you guys are having some fun! Thanks for the rolling laugh. I just about puked I laughed so hard! CK

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
:help:

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »
Southern Hospitality at its Finest.  :readit:    :help:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
Sorry theres no help for ya  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :jumper:

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
If'n it makes ya feel any better Jeff, I had to post 600 acres of land today and it was all up and down. This old man is truly whipped right now. Well, I couldn't wait to get home and shower just to be sure no chiggers found their way to my nether regions. TOO LATE! Arm pits, belt line ankles and other sensitive areas are disaster areas. Don't believe it if anyone tries to get you to paint the bites with fingernail polish or smother them in butter or other foul greasy stuff. Once bit, you're bit. Three or four days and the itching will stop. Funny how they tend to itch in spells. Especially when you are trying to sleep.

The day wasn't a total loss though. I caught a 5' King snake with 4 nice lumps in it. Figure it must be digesting a nest of mice or something. Took it to my brother's cabin and let it go. He loves King snakes as much as I do, but I live in town where it is not safe for them. Hope you are lucky enough to find one too. LOL!
 Have fun Jeff and good luck hunting. Don't scratch to much or you will scare the deer away.
Take care and have a good time.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »
Dab a little turpintine on them red bugs and it will take care of them. Old southern remedy. Have fun Jeff.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
Jeff you won't need to worry about them wasp or chiggers up in the mountains. looking forward to meet'n ya!....
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Nightstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »
Jeff, Gday mate. I think you'll find these guys on this board are fair dinkum. I have 12 of your Countrymen from Townsville sitting in my classrooms for the next 4 weeks. If you come up Delaware way give a shout and we'll have a couple of pints with the boys in Matildas.
Forget the Vegamite. I got a bottle of Bundy Black with your name on it if your a mind to.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
hey nightstalker iam a new zealander not an aussie LOL!!!!! went out for a walk this morn and i saw my first snake. it was dead. thank god it must have been run over by a car as it was flat as a pancake. only good snake is a dead one. LOL!!! sorry i am not much good at telling stories. will have more as it happens.

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »
STREET PIZZA....Jeff was it of the edible or Un-edible family  :biglaugh:

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2007, 10:00:00 AM »
You keepin Bob locked up Jeff? LOL!!!
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »
Now, Jeff, why would a crap-eating wasp keep flying at you?  :confused:  

Chiggerex. It is a cheap benzocaine cream, and I used it both times I got chiggers this year. It's pretty good, and doesn't sting like a spray. Makes your skin soft, too, for the next batch of chiggers.

Sure was hot out there for October, eh?
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
That might be worth remembering, Killie. Chiggerex, huh? (Wouldn't want the poor little "darlins" hurting their toofies on this ol' hide -    :jumper:   )
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©