3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: climber advice  (Read 365 times)

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: climber advice
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
thanks folks, looks like its gonna be a ....LW
even though we get 15 deer a year- over a 9 month season- they are by no means easy with a bow( super easy with the rifle though).
they dont pattern, and using pre set up stands just does not work- they dont follow the same path twice- dont have designated beds or staging areas. and any pressure they move right along- i have tried the loc on stands for 4 years now.
i get the greatest success- just sneaking into likely areas, find a nice spot, with good cover BEHIND me, snip a few twigs quietly,then set up and call. only problem is that they can come in from any direction.
if there is no response within 30 mins- i give it a bit longer, and move on within an hour total.

so i need a stand that i can pack on my back all day- with maybe a side haversack (possibles bag) with attached quiver.

find the spot- shinney up the tree 10'.... then move along when i need to again!

seems like the LW may do the trick

Offline NittanyRider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
Not that the LW hand climber needs another plug, but in addition to making awesome products, I recently had a great experience with Lone Wolf's tech support/customer service. Good service goes a long way, in my book!

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Lone wolf. Hand climber. Most compact ( folds flat) and light. Very trad bow friendly as far as limb clearance. And the quietest stand in the cold and snow.  Cast solid aluminum No welds no joints and no tubing to make tinks ,creaks, and pops,
If you carry pack I'd suggest a Game Plan Leach pack it works great with the LW.

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
Summit Open Shot SD, 13-14 lbs----I don't have the $$ for Lone Wolf......   :archer:
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©