3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone want to hog hunt east tx? (4/22-4/26) already making plans for next year!  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
I might should add that a non resident 5 day license is $48(does not include deer or turkey) and the APH permitt to hunt the wma's is also $48.
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Hackbow

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm interested and sent you a PM. Thanks for the offer!

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Update! Got one committed, still got room!  I went out this evening to take a break from my deer stand and try to get a teaser pic of a hog for y'all. Heard some right before dark and started slipping in on them. Got within 75yrds but couldn't close the deal because they was on one side of a slough and I was on the other!   :banghead:  I knew I couldnt get to them before dark so headed home with my head hung low! Lol

Offline Mark Normand

• Trad Bowhunter
Interesting idea for sure. I'm just a few hours from there, and April is a month with no hog opportunities here.

Keep us posted!
Stalker ILF recurve
Dakota II longbow

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
I may be moving to Austin this winter. If so, I might be up for joining ya!
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline motorhead7963

• Trad Bowhunter
I would be interested in joining in on the action, I will look at my Atlas and see just how far it is from me.

Offline motorhead7963

• Trad Bowhunter
Whoa!!! you are clear over almost on the east border of Texas. I'm in west Texas,but keep us posted.

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
Less than 2 hours from my house. Besides hogs, Wood County has lots of good fishing too. Looks like I'll be making this one!
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
After looking over everything and talking to the dept headquarters to make sure there wasn't anything I've overlooked I've set the dates for the 22nd thru the 26th of April.
And I guess a few rules would be in order.
Rule #1.  Traditional Archery Only (that should go without saying)
Rule #2. Respect your fellow man and his property
Rule #3. Have fun!!!! (That IS a requirement)
And I would like for everyone to leave with some meat so if everyone is willing we can devide everything up as equally as possible when we're done. If some can't stay the whole time or comes late then they can take a resonable amount when they go. I will personally donate all my kills if I get any because I already have hog meat and I can come back anytime.
Oh, Mr. O'Shay made a good point. Bring a fishing pole if you like. Might be a good way to pass the time between hunts. There is a place to fish the river but I have no idea how it would be. I've never fished there!

Offline monk

• Trad Bowhunter
Not done much of this so ballpark idea on cost?

Offline akdd

• Trad Bowhunter
If I was to come what would be the best airport to fly into and rent a car?

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
Just checked where it is and looks to be between 4-5 hours.  I think I should be able to make it.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline JamesD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm interested.  I'll keep on the thread to see what you guys nail down.  I'm coming out of Dallas, so it's close for me.
Regular PBS Member

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Monk, as far as cost the licenses will run roughly 100.00, plus whatever you spend to get here and what you want to bring for food and stuff. No fees for camping. Akdd, the closest airport is Tyler tx. And I would be more than happy to pick you up.
I've got 1 spot reserved so if anyone else wants to reserve a spot in my camper just post it here. Got room for 2 more so the first 2 that give a definite "yes" can have those spots. Everybody else bring your gear. I've also got some plans to provide dinner for a couple of nights. I'll keep y'all posted on that as well. Thx, Randy

Offline wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like you guys are gonna have a blast, good luck!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline akdd

• Trad Bowhunter
I am definitely interested in this. I have always wanted to try hog hunting. I will have to see how the dates fit into my schedule.

Originally posted by Trumpkin the Dwarf:
I may be moving to Austin this winter. If so, I might be up for joining ya!
Hey Thumpkin, if you do move to Austin, be sure to look me up. I live just north of Austin. There is a group of guys here who shoot a lot together.

I might be interested too, but have to wait a bit to see what else is on the burner. I would not need any accomodations, as I have a small popup camper.

Bisch

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bisch, it would be great to have you join us. I look forward to making new friends and picking up some good advice from some seasond trad hunters!   :thumbsup:

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ttt, I'll bump this every week or so till we get there. only got one definite yes so there's still room!

Offline Fastltz

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey monk...where are you in illinois? I am interested in this hunt and maybe we could car pool?  Would mKe the trip easier. What type of weather is average at that time?
1 Peter 3:15 ...always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©