3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone want to hog hunt east tx? (4/22-4/26) already making plans for next year!  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
The temps in April here in east tx average in the 70's and usually get some rain then too. Waterproof, snake proof boots and thermacells are recommended!
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline akdd

• Trad Bowhunter
I am definitely interested in this. At this time I am thinking that I can make these dates fit into my work schedule. But I will not be able to commit for sure until after the first f the year.

Offline bowhuntingrn

• Trad Bowhunter
I very well may be interested, but work schedule will be changing between now and then so can't commit just yet. If nothing else maybe I could make it out for a day trip. Will be watching for this after the first of the year...As far as the APH permit, can it be obtained on short notice? I've always just hunted Corp of Engineer land, so I've never needed one.
"The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest"

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Yes, the APH permit can be purchased just like a license and they will print it out for you at time of purchase.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Man this sucks! (For me that is)   :(

Look forward to seeing how this plays out and the actual hunt stories.   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good luck guys!!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Fastltz

• Trad Bowhunter
90% sure I'm coming and it sounds like I may be bringing friends. This could be so fun. Really looking forward to this. Maybe turn into an annual event.
1 Peter 3:15 ...always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
I now have 2 committed to stay in my camper! If everything goes good id be willing to do this annually!

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Update, my camper is now full. There is plenty of room for other campers. I think we could probably get at least 10-15 campers or tents between the two campsites wich are a couple hundred yrds apart.

Offline monk

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline monk

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
:campfire:    :archer:

Offline Wallydog

• Trad Bowhunter
Been wanting to do a hog hunt. If wifes medical stuff comes out then Ill be coming. There are two other guys near my place that are interested also.Is there a good population of hogs there?

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
We've got our fair share of hogs here in east tx. I've had good success here in the past (not with trad equipment). Didn't start trad till last fall. The unit is 5,727 acres. Last year at that time I very seldom saw anyone else hog hunting. There's a few locals that do hunt from time to time but they usually don't get to far from the easy to get to spots( which can be productive because of lack of hunting pressure after gun season). Some days you can find em pretty easy, other days you can walk your dang legs off with no results. Then you bump a group in the dark a hundred yrds from the truck!     :banghead:    Happens quite often!!  I've still got a score to settle with a black and white hog I shot there last year with my self bow. Shot was high and I exhausted all my resources but never found him. Saw him 4 times in the several weeks following that day but couldn't ever close the deal. I could still see the scar left by my arrow. I passed several shots on others in his group to try to take him. Thought that would be a pretty awesome come back story. But it never came together and I stoped going when the weather turned hot. So I got dibs!!! Lol . Free range, no baiting or night hunting so it can be a challenge but all the more rewarding!

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Good luck all!! I'll be watching for your hunt thread!
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
crittergetter,

I am interested.  Are you camping in the WMA or private land.  I would be bringing a tent and cot.   I am just down the road from you.

Jeff
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here is the unit map.

Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Dragonheart, I'll be camping on site at the first of the two camp sites in the middle. There is a pavilion, skinning tree, and BBQ pit. Plenty of access trails in every direction. I haven't checked out the campsite by the river but I doubt we will need it.

Offline Fastltz

• Trad Bowhunter
Im one of those that has to put in for vacation a year in advance...but I did that yesterday and im am  locked in!!
1 Peter 3:15 ...always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeah I'm in.

I'll be there.  Been a long time since I've done any camping, but it should be a hoot.  Besides, hanging out with other TRAD guys has got to be great.

C'mon guys, lets go.

Nalajr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©