3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone want to hog hunt east tx? (4/22-4/26) already making plans for next year!  (Read 4138 times)

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
Hi Randy,
whats the deal with out of country fellas. i am a south african living in canada, not a canadian citizen, but am a permanent resident.
cheers
wayne

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Fujimo, I'm really not sure, but I will check on it and let ya know asap!
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ok, I called the dept headquarters and they gave me some info. Out of country visitors can still purchase a non resident license. If you don't have a Social security number you can use your passport. You do need your hunters ed if born after 1971. If you don't have it you can take the course online or pay a one time deferral for 10.00. Other than that your good to go!

I'll just add this to what crittergetter said above, if you get a Hunters Ed Deferral, you MUST be accompanied at all times by someone who has Hunters Ed.

Bisch

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I might do this one,,  I have to fly from Mass so where's the closest airport?

also I'll be sleeping outside but curious what the temps and how bad are the bugs, snakes that time of year.

and if I do end up going can I mail someone my bows, arrows, and most of camping gear before I leave because it will be easier at the airport with just a carry on.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds fun I'm in please keep me in the loop.
Black Widow PSA II #52 @ 26"

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Closest airport is in Tyler tx about 30 min or so. I can arrange to pick up anyone that flies in. Temps average in the mid 70's in April. And the bugs and snakes will be out in full force! As far as shiping gear I'm sure arrangements can be made. As we get closer Shoot me a pm if need be.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
ok, so born in 1968, and have my hunters ed type programme here from Canada- its called the C.O.R.E. programme???! will that help?

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
not sure if he posts here but I have Jacques Bonin who may go with me on this but its too soon to slam the fist down it may be a month prior before we say here we come,,,, curious if anyone else from New England is interested maybe fly in together.  

also wondering about getting the meat back is there anyone in that part of Texas that can ship dry ice next day?
"Us vs Them"

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tajue17, I'll check on it for you!

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
thanks the local guides might know too I will try to PM huntress at Shiloh ranch and see what they do.
"Us vs Them"

Offline m8hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Extremely interested! Just getting back into trad shooting and this would be perfect as I do not have anywhere to hunt in Texas and would enjoy a good adventure with some fellow trad shooters.

Only thing that might hold me back is work schedule, but I should be able to make it. Coming from Dallas, if anyone else is I would be willing to try to work out a carpool situation. Let me know!
K. B.

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I will probably only be able to hunt Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Try to arrive Thursday night.     :thumbsup:
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sorry it took me so long to get back on this. I checked on the shiping with dry ice and from what I can tell you can ship dry ice thru both ups and USPS with some minor labeling restrictions. And Fujimo, you should be good!
On another note my wife who is an EXCELLENT cook (according to my waistline) has agreed to cook her famous elk chili for our dinner one night. I'm trying to get her to throw in a couple of her coconut cream pies too. But I warn you, they will make your tongue beat your brains out if your not careful!  I'm also pretty sure my father in law is going to help me fry fish one night as well. Other than that your on your own!!

Offline Wallydog

• Trad Bowhunter
I got my Texas snake boots comin in the mail. We dont need em up this way but they are waterproof and I can use that. Theres two of us coming and probably a third. Were gonna come down early (Sunday or Monday)and get a feel for it and hopefully give a hog report as guys come in. (We never hardly ever lie). Anybody who plays bluegrass gospel music please bring your instruments as we be jammin some.

Offline Mark Normand

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Wallydog:
Anybody who plays bluegrass gospel music please bring your instruments as we be jammin some.
What??  whoohoo!  This is worth a trip rite thare! Bluegrass mando, guitar, and bass player here!
Stalker ILF recurve
Dakota II longbow

Offline Wallydog

• Trad Bowhunter
Well thats way cool then! Im a Scruggs style banjo player (loosely defined)and my pard is a guitar man. Hope you can sing and know a few tunes Mark!

Offline Hackbow

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm all for good music in camp but if I hear the first note of Duelling Banjos the recurve is gonna get traded in for a Glock!    ;)

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
LMBO!!! Darren, we still on for Saturday?

Offline Hackbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Yessir Randy! Gotta get the jump on all these hardcore Yankee killers coming down (in 10 days I'll have been in TX a year - does that qualify me as a good 'old boy ). Honestly this WMA is as close to me as any so I'm looking forward to learning it and helping the other guys a bit in April.

One thing we need to talk about though. I think we should put a size limit on the rattlesnakes and cottonmouths we kill. I propose that if the snake wont feed at least 5 guys back at camp, we gotta pass on it. There's plenty of bigguns over 5'. We don't need to kill the babies.    :scared:    :laughing:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©