3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A knife for the adventurous spirit  (Read 3860 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A knife for the adventurous spirit
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
  So, Ron... does the sheath have a belt loop, can it be made angled loop for a cross draw?  
That's a good idea Dave. I'll ask Art Vincent who makes my sheaths if he can do that. I have the option for a vertical sheath or a horizontal sheath for my Skinner knife and the horizontal/canoe sheath is the most popular
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
I called Art and he though a knife the length of the Voyageur would carry better with an angled cross draw sheath rather than a horizontal one. He said he'd have one in the mail this week for my approval. I'll post pictures when I get it.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2014, 06:49:00 AM »
Cant wait to see the sheath Ron.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »
Thanks, Ron!

After I get the plumbing fiasco of this place I bought in TN resolved, if there is $$ left, I WANT One...

On another thread, Cross Draw seemed to reference, among knife makers, a horizontal orientation. That is NOT my concept of "cross draw" as in the Cowboy Action Shooting fraternity of a 45* angle. I AGREE that a longer blade requires an angled sheath, not horizontal like the petite skinner. I'm looking for about a 45* angle or no more than 30*.

Shoot me an email with pics if you want, Ron. I'm more than a little interested! I hate to make my own leather, especially living in a new area where I barely can find my way, let alone places to ferret out goodies like leather pieces! [knothead]
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline GUYZER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
Those knives are very beautiful!! They are my kind of knives.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF FRED BEAR GUIDE OUR ARROWS.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
I got the crossdraw sheath from Art today, it's  ambidextrous (left or right) . I'm gonna like this carry a lot.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Yup...that is what I'm looking for...

Now all I have to do is to find a "plumber" who will honor his agreement to show up and see how much the repair to my newly purchased home plumbing will cost, and maybe I can get me one of those knives and sheaths!

I have my Ruger cross draw hoslter made for the weak side with strong hand cross over, so the knife would be on this side for me too...

My custom belt I made for the holster is a bit wider than that, how wide might that loop accommodate, Ron?

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
Looks good buddy!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »
Very nice Ron!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2014, 07:16:00 PM »
Dave, this belt is almost 2" and there's plenty of room

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
Thanks for checking and reporting, Ron!

That will WORK!  My custom belt I made for the holster is just under 2" and I have a wide belt to wear with my wool pull over that is closer to three... but I had to taper the front tongue of it to fit the biggest buckle I could readily find so that was only 2"...

Now to get thru this plumbing thing efficiently and have $$ enough left to order me a Christmas Gift!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Tsalt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
Oh man... I like the looks the knife in the cross draw sheath!!  Very nice!
Tim Salters

"But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One."  Genesis 49:24

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
Yep.  This is leader in the post-Christmas gift to me category.    :thumbsup:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2014, 11:38:00 PM »
I love simple, homemade knives.
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline 3Feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Anybody order one yet???Looking to break the bank.Awsome looking knife.Have to add to my DEFENDER............
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special  56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5          64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman         60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
Tim I got your PM, As you probably know Michigans ML season opened yesterday and I usually go back and forth from my bow to my flintlock. This morning I took a doe with my flinter and got the chance to use the Voyageur knife again. This is the 2nd deer I've dress with this knife and it continues to impress me.

I used it again this afternoon to cut up vegetables for a big pot of soup...after I washed the blood off of coarse     :bigsmyl:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
Congrats on the flinter deer... PA required use of flintlock and it was the late season, after Christmas and it seemed the past 15 yrs, it would always warm and rain... Flintlock deer is a deer to be proud of, same as bow!

sent you an email re;question on knife...

Thanks!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Skates

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Very Nice!

Offline tree stand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
how much is the cross draw sheath and what is the wait time when an order is placed.  i really love the knife.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©