3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: grizzly instinct and ad trad lites?  (Read 316 times)

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
grizzly instinct and ad trad lites?
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
I mounted up some of the new 3 blades with Al adapters for my trad lites. My shafts have the Al collars on them and when screwing the heads on they only get about half the threads in before the head bottoms out on the collar so Iknow the adapter isn't bottoming out solidly on the shaft.

I bought the shafts used and it looks like whoever mounted the collars just mounted them over top of the insert instead of between the insert and shaft. They must be epoxied on as I destroyed one shaft trying to remove them here awhile back.

Does anyone think this will be a weak point? I'm going to just run them like that for the rest of this season for now. Anyone else run into this?

I also pulled off my Velcro rest and put on one of Trap's feather rest and was amazed at the arrow flight. I don't have the cleanest release in the world but this rest is very very forgiving and I love the clean arrow flight I'm getting from it. I shot the new instincts quite a bit last night from about 5-25yds and they shot great. They also sharpened back up very easily. Hopefully I can run one through a buck tonight!

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: grizzly instinct and ad trad lites?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
Yes, a feather rest is the ticket ! Good luck tonight.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
Don't know anything about the Grizzlys or the Trad Lites, as I have not used either.

Good luck on the buck though!

Bisch

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 06:34:00 PM »
So..If I'm following you. The footing on the shaft is hitting the broadhead before the insert is completely tight?Do I have it correct?How about some small washers to take up the space between the insert and the shaft?
Just for my curiosity what did they foot those shafts with? The Instinct has a farrel that will accept a 23/64 wood shaft.
Thanks for giving this new head a try!! So far it has been getting some glowing reviews.I hope it performs just as well for you.
Bill

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »
Only seen does tonight, no bucks.

Bill you have it correct. (I think) this may have been what they used.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Carbon+Collars_i4920X_baseitem.html

The quality of heads seem outstanding and they are flying great and I'm excited to get one bloody. I might just have to shoot a doe here pretty soon.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 01:33:00 AM »
What about filing off the lip of the collar so the head is down tight on the insert?I don't think that will affect strength as footings made from aluminum shafting don't have that lip.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 08:32:00 AM »
I have been thinking more about this brad.Do you have a grinder handy? You could remove your broadhead adapters from you Instincts. Then trim the back edge of the farrel until it allows your adapter to screw down tight. Just be careful not to get the head too hot.
Or
What Jim B. said.

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »
Just take the collars off. You aren't going to break one of those shafts just by shooting an animal. I only put the collars on my stump shooting arrows.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©