3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: got a grizzly 190 sharpened  (Read 209 times)

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
got a grizzly 190 sharpened
« on: September 30, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »
Well after trying every way possible to sharpen one of these heads  I tried a lansky sharpening system..

hormoan on here helped with all aspects of sharpening  we first tantoed the tips with a belt sander at his shop and he showed me how to use his lansky sharpener  well it worked and not a day to soon  tomorrow is opening day

special thanks to hormoan  for all of his help
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: got a grizzly 190 sharpened
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 12:37:00 AM »
Feels good don't it?  :bigsmyl:

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 07:40:00 AM »
oh man after scraping my knuckles on file and grinders and other things I cant believe how easy it was witht the lansky
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
congrats rob, you'll have to pass on your newly acquired knowledge..i'll buy some grizzlies!
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »
no problem man they are some nice broadheads once you get them sharp and have a tantoe tip  they fly great also
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Gumby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
hey robslifts... what degree of angle did you use with your lansky.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
I did'nt see Robs post first but I just posted the following on another tread (Grizzlys unimodifed or modifed)

My only comment on Grizzlys would be you better be good at surface grinders. To get them in shape to hunt with. Or you might as well shoot blunts. As out of the package thats about what they are like. Period

As they are the worst out of the package broadhead every beheld for sharpness. Pitty the uniformed thinking they are going to unpack them and shoot them.

However do your homework at sharpening them and they are awesome heads. Just don't think you won't have to give them some serious attention. Cause there excuse for a edge is poor. Let alone sharp.

And yes in the last two days I've belt sanded a dozen of them. With a better edge that was at least sharpenable by two other tradgang members in the last 3 days. With out a days file work.

Rob yours and a seldom seen member (iluvwud) was the other member.

And Gumby 30 degree was what matched up with Robs head best. I always run a felt marker over any edge. I have any douth about which angle to use with a lansky. Hope that helps.

Brent

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©