3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Long underwear?  (Read 325 times)

Offline wisconsinteacher

• Trad Bowhunter
Long underwear?
« on: November 30, 2014, 08:52:00 AM »
This may be the craziest question I have asked on a forum but I just have to ask.  I have 3 pair of good long underwear that are in great shape other than the elastic waist band.  Is there a way to fix them or someone who can replace the elastic waist band?  They are too good to throw away, so what can be done to fix them?

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Long underwear?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Of course they can be repaired.  Learn to sew.  It's not nearly as hard as some people seem to think.  I took a "Mommy and Me" sewing class with my daughter several years ago.  It's amazing how useful that can be.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
I've been sewing my hunting clothes since I was in high school, including darning the holes in my socks.  Fabric stores to sewers are like sporting goods stores to us.  Visit one and let them teach you what you need to know.  I recently put new elastic cuffs on my long underwear shirt - do you know you can buy just the cuffs?  The great thing is that they are 'hunting clothes' so the repair only has to be functional and not pretty.

The other resource is a store that sells sewing machines - they usually have classes now and then.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline Meathook 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
Call seamstress they should be able to help.

Good Luck

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
Isn't that a terrible feeling having that long underwear halfway around you butt when trying to walk to your stand   :eek:

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
Most fabric stores have a seamstress available that will "mend" whatever you request, for a fee.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
I confess. . .  I thought I was the only one who sort of "learned" how to sew!  I fix everything. . .  and as mentioned- it does not have to be pretty. LOL  Most every pair of pants I have has an iron-on patch somewhere with the sewing machine doing that zig zag stitch for the edges of it!  Made pants last for years.    

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Robyn Hode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
I agree with John. Just sew new elastic in them. I sew all my hunting clothes myself my wife will not touch them. It's a valuable tool.
'Nothing's forgotten... nothing's ever forgotten' - Robin of Sherwood

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 11:17:00 PM »
I would fold the elastic over and sew it to create a tunnel for a draw string like sweat pants.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
They make great rags for the shop.... good grief! they are not that expensive to replace...

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 01:00:00 AM »
I have a pair of polypro bottoms that the elastic gave out on so I threaded a shoe-lace from a sneaker through the waist and I tie that off snug to keep them up.  Still servicable.  ;-)

Works for swim trunks and sweat pants.  Why not long undies?
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©