3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What comes around goes around  (Read 247 times)

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
What comes around goes around
« on: December 04, 2014, 12:32:00 PM »
Selling and buying on TG classifieds has it perks.
Recent sale and purchase was a good example of this.

I have been burnt by "shipping in", etc. when selling stuff. and have felt boy that was a raw deal for me. Recently exactly that happened.

Not this one but in past sales I have been offered something from the buyer but turned down offering to cover.

I recently purchased several things and thought boy that guy got hosed with shipping included to Canada, I always make it a point in offer up something for shipping but generally people stick to their ads.

This is the tradgang classifieds way it seems "honour and integrity"

What comes around goes around and it all balances out.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline Cavscout9753

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What comes around goes around
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 12:44:00 PM »
Agreed. I had bought a bow a while back on the classifieds and the seller mentioned how expensive it was to ship when he let me know it was on its way. I don't think for a second he was "complaining" to me, just complaining about priority mail shipping prices in general. I felt bad all the same so I asked if he needed anything. He mentioned needing some heavy tips so I went out to the garage and gathered up all my old heavy weight screw in tips and adapters and sent them off to him. I don't like when nice gestures towards me put people out. But I know it (and more) would be done around here for me if the need ever arose, so I'm more than happy to aid in making this place what it is to many people.
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 07:03:00 PM »
It seems like its hit or miss for me at the postal office.  I know one employee always charges me near forty bucks to ship a bow, the rest is usually about half that.  Every time he asks if he can help me now, I suddenly remember I "forgot" something and come back later.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »
In the last three years I have spent over $2K shipping bows to people, and I rarely break even on a bow.  Usually I get less than I paid and I eat the shipping.  Its the name of the game and I am happy to have tried so many bows.  Sometimes I chuckle when I see guys price a bow and then put "+shipping" etc.  knowing that realistically it only works if you just do a TYD price since shipping costs are all over the place, and private sellers don't usually offer warranties or return policies like bowyers or businesses, so they can't 'demand' shipping from a buyer as a matter of custom.  Some sellers hold out for shipping or hold out on a price, but me, I like to move a bow and actually get a lot of joy from the excitement I sense when someone gets to try a new bow because of me, cause I know the feeling!  The only time I have been able to get any extra for shipping is when I send a bow to Canada or Europe.  Then it makes sense since shipping is minimum 50-60 bucks to those places.  I spent three years trying bows as a hobby.  I've slowed WAY down and am happy with what I have now.  TG classifieds rock and it IS an honorable place.  I have gotten some super deals and have given many super deals myself.  Occasionally one of my buyers also finds a little extra token in with the bow.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
I feel pretty much the same way you do, Chuck, although I only buy and sell a bow or two a year.  But for the ones I have bought or sold, generally at a small loss, I've felt that the loss was a fair price to pay for the use of a bow for however long I had it, and for being able to try a bow I probably would never have the opportunity to shoot otherwise.  I have always included shipping within the continental US, and only charge extra if the shipping is substantially more than domestic would be.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©