3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Have any of you shot a Tenbrook Recurve?  (Read 449 times)

Offline mrgreen

• Trad Bowhunter
Have any of you shot a Tenbrook Recurve?
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
I'm interested in a new short recurve. I've been searching and reading here and other places for about a week. I keep coming back to Cody's Tenbrook Recurve. Everything I've found online sounds great.
I'd like to hear from anyone that has experience with one of his recurves.
Especially any hunting experience.

Thanks,
Steve

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Have any of you shot a Tenbrook Recurve?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
Hopefully someone will chime in here soon bud.  

I can tell you that they are VERY short.  When you put one next to a Bear 48" Mag it looks about half the size.  They are also extremely agile in the hand and make a great bow for tight brush, hunting blinds or tree stands.  There is ZERO hand shock and they draw smoothly out to 28.5" with no stack and very little finger pinch.  Because of their short size they can be a little more sensitive to a bad release.  They also have to have a relatively high brace height of around 9" which shortens up the "power stroke".  You can expect speeds of around 165-170 fps when shooting a 10gpp arrow at a 28" draw.  

Tried to give ya' both the positives and negatives of this little beast.  Hope it helped.  In the meantime here is a video review one of my customers did.  

Thanks brother and please let me know if I can help in any other way!     :thumbsup:

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »

Offline mrgreen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
tenbrook, thanks for the info. I draw between 28" and 29", so that's good to hear. I shoot split finger, how would that affect finger pinch? I figured consistent release might be critical, so pinch or not seems important.
Man your killin' me with those great looking bows!

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 01:56:00 PM »
I just picked up a 40# marked (43@28 scaled) Bear Supermag 48 discounted from Big Jim not too long ago to use as a bow fishing and all around "silly grins" bow and I am flat out impressed for how it handles and performs up to a 29" draw.  So much so I am going to write a review.  In light of that, I can only imagine how awesome Cody's even smaller and handier little stick must be, I don't see how you could go wrong if you have the itch to try a bow like this.  Scratch it.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline mrgreen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »
nineworlds, thanks for that. The Supermag and KM were on my list until I saw Tenbrooks bows.
I'm looking forward to your review.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Yeah the 48 is pretty dang nifty for a factory bow and very smooth for what it is.  I'm very surprised by some of the negative reviews I have read...I think some folks won't accept that its just a really short bow built for a certain intent, not a 62" recurve.  The 48 doesnt pinch, but it does "crowd" when shooting split, and it definitely requires you be mostly on your A-game with a clean release past a certain yardage.  But its not made for hitting a squirrels eye at 35 yds. Stay tuned for pics and a writeup in the near future.

Like I said though, a bow like Cody builds here is a no brainer if you want to go super short and want to build something custom.  The personalized service and craftsmanship you get from a custom bowyer is priceless in comparison to just buying a factory bow off the rack.  I've had these Tenbrook shorties on my list of bows I need to try ever since their debut.

My vote is the Tenbrook.  Keep us posted and share pics if Cody builds you one.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©